World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Just a quick note (and I realise I practically have this thread to myself these days so it'll probably fall on deaf ears :))

If there is anyone with a level 90 (or even earlier level) that they wanted to level up before Legion hits then now is the time.

The Invasions offer ridiculous XP and gear rewards. I've levelled up two toons to 100 (90 Hunter / 90 Pally) in the last week or so and I reckon it's taken me about 4-5 hours for each one.

You tend to get close to half a bar per invasion (if you join in and don't just leech) so it takes no time at all. You also get 2 x gear chests each invasion which can be stored until level 100 and then opened which usually take you to over 700 ilevel.

Gonna get my 90 Monk and Shammy sorted next :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Dinged 110 this morning.

Comfortably the best expansion since WotLK for me. Not a single bad area and some really interesting quest lines. I'd write something more in depth but there's an echo in the thread :D

Top quality from Blizzard.

Although It's never been the absolute best in terms of graphics, i've always been a big fan of the art style which favoured a distinct look over realism. It's nice to see how it's evolved from Vanilla:

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, red5 said:

Any 'get a mate to resub ' deals on at mo?   :-)

I think the Recruit a Friend is still available.

They stopped the Scroll of Resurrection unfortunately as that would have been perfect as you've played before.

As i've said further up the page though, it's a good time to return as Legion is the best thing they've done since WotLK.

Edited by Designer1

Have just resubbed.  Yet again, the character I last played a few months ago is completely unrecognisable in terms of talents and abilities.  Why do they completely revamp them so often?

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

Have just resubbed.  Yet again, the character I last played a few months ago is completely unrecognisable in terms of talents and abilities.  Why do they completely revamp them so often?

One thing that the new skill revamp has done is give each class it's own personality again.

As an altoholic, I can tell you that i've really appreciated it.

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

One thing that the new skill revamp has done is give each class it's own personality again.

As an altoholic, I can tell you that i've really appreciated it.

Early days, but I really, really dislike what they've done with enhancement shaman.  Gone are abilities on cool down, and now there's a sort of rage bar called Maelstrom.  No totems left, and there's about 4 main abilities from what I can see.  The game gets closer to its console release everyday I reckon.

Had an hour or two on it today, and some early reflections.  I hate the character I've had since day 1 of vanilla, so might have to use the level boost to start another.

There now appear to be two Dalarans, which is extremely lazy.  They moved one for the new expansion, the other one you get from the Pandari portal is still there.  Lazy.

Of all the places I'd have chosen to do the first couple of hours questing, Deepholm would have been right at the bottom of the list if I'm honest.  Hate that area.  Will have another go this evening, and hope it starts to look a bit better.

I'm assuming the Deepholm quests are class based as I haven't been there on any of my toons yet, so you haven't even started the Broken Isles (the main part of the game)

To be honest, it sounds like it's just not the game for you anymore as the general consensus (and one I wholeheartedly agree with) is that it's pretty damned superb and the best thing they've done for a while.

Getting to grips with it now.  The class is based around managing 'Maelstrom' which works like a warrior's rage I think.  I've given Deepholm a swerve and am now on one of the Broken Isles which is much more fun.

What should I be looking out for Si?  Anything particularly new and shiny?  Personally my favourite expansion was Pandaria, as the look and feel of that was amazing and felt like a real change.  Least favourite was the last one with the godawful garrisons.

20 minutes ago, Risso said:

Getting to grips with it now.  The class is based around managing 'Maelstrom' which works like a warrior's rage I think.  I've given Deepholm a swerve and am now on one of the Broken Isles which is much more fun.

What should I be looking out for Si?  Anything particularly new and shiny?  Personally my favourite expansion was Pandaria, as the look and feel of that was amazing and felt like a real change.  Least favourite was the last one with the godawful garrisons.

I'm assuming you've got your Artifact weapon by now? I think I read that Shaman's get Doomhammer which is pretty cool tbh.

OK, so all the Broken Isles zones apart from Suramar level up with you so you can go visit them in any order. This works well as there's no feeling of jumping onto a different zone befoe you've done all the questlines. Most of the quests are tied into decent storylines which helps the whole thing flow together better and from a lore pov provides some interesting events.

The first priority is getting some artifact points for your weapon which will happen through normal leveling. I worked on my Warrior class missions at the same time as leveling which helped as it meant I didn't have to do everything from 110 (still haven't completed them yet tbh).

Professions now have meaning again thanks to the Garrision shite being dumped. You will pick up crafting/gathering items from mobs which you can take to the trainers in Dalaran to progress your leveling.

Once you hit 110 and have rep with all the Broken Isles factions you unlock World Quests which will help you gear up etc. They work way better than dailies and there's plenty of variety in them.

One thing that stands out like a sore thumb is the amount of content that you have to choose from. It can get a little overwhelming at some points but it's better than running around on the bank roof in Orgrimmar ;)

Edited by Designer1

It scales the mob health etc to reflect level. So if a 101 and a 110 grouped together, the 101 would see 101 mob and the 110 would see a 110 mob, so the difficulty would be presumably around the same for both.

That was how they did the pre-patch invasions (which were excellent btw) which allowed everyone to fight the same mobs regardless of level.

Edited by Designer1

That sounds a bit odd.  The old way was obviously if I'm level 100 and fighting a L100 mob, then if you come along as a L110 and help me kill it, it dies more easily but I get less XP, which shamed to make sense.  Now if I see a L100 mob, but you see it as L110, how does that work?  Are we both just essentially fighting our own different mob, as if so that seems to negate the idea of being in a group with friends?

16 minutes ago, Risso said:

That sounds a bit odd.  The old way was obviously if I'm level 100 and fighting a L100 mob, then if you come along as a L110 and help me kill it, it dies more easily but I get less XP, which shamed to make sense.  Now if I see a L100 mob, but you see it as L110, how does that work?  Are we both just essentially fighting our own different mob, as if so that seems to negate the idea of being in a group with friends?

You'll still be fighting the same mob, but you'll both encounter a similar level of difficulty as it's health etc is scaled according to your own level.

Essentially, things are still easier in a group as there's more people attacking the same mob. However, the loot/XP you each get will depend on your level. It's actually a good system as I can go to anywhere in the Broken Isles at 110 and still get the relevant loot etc from any mob as they will all be 110. It means there aren't any redundant areas.

Â