World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I did feel a bit guilty when I slaughtered my first few Horde in a BG :mellow:

I would have named the toon Lordhawhaw, but as he opposed the 'Allies' it probably wouldn't have worked so well. 

Maybe Benedict...;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of us still playing, the Legion pre-patch goes live this week.

Bring it on!

The skies over Azeroth are growing darker. . . .

The Legion pre-expansion patch is arriving on July 20, and we wanted to give you a heads up about what to expect—and when you can expect it.

This update will include a wide variety of features and content that set the stage for the expansion, including system changes, quality-of-life improvements, and major in-game events. Some of these features will be available immediately, while other content will be unlocked in the weeks leading up to the expansion’s launch.

Looking forward to this.

On 13/08/2005 at 10:18, The_Rev said:

Another games thread from moi...

Anyone else play this game? (watch this if you havent got a clue what im talking about)

Myself and D1 are on there. I did think Resi 4 was a shoe in for my game of 2005. Now im not so sure. This thing is epic!

edit: 19th October 2007

Just because im a nice guy, some info:

If you are thinking of signing up, make a Horde character on Tarren Mill server and you will get some help from plenty of Villa Fans.
World of Warcraft is a class based game, and what class you pick will have a massive impact on your overall experience. I found the best thing to do when deciding a class is to have a look at this link before you take the plunge.
There are also lots of quests to do in World of Warcraft. If you get stuck on a quest, visit the mighty Wowhead.com

People who play WoW and post on VT. Forum name and in game character name. Some people have more than one character.

Tarren Mill Server (PvP) Horde

Limpid = Limpid, Limped, Limpt
The_Rev = Nayson, Eau (taking a break at the moment)
ED = Evildan, Ewiddan, Lolmangle
Designer1 = Siongest, Sionguest
Risso = Rissok
Trl = Trl, Renew, Handful
Red_5 = Samisdead
Irishjay = Rishj
Juju = Samosa, Merkin, Vilajuju
Craigyh_74 = Tarq, Tarqy

Ill edit more of this later, adding more useful links and the names and servers of the anti social bastards who didnt pick Horde on Tarren Mill. ;)

Nearly eleven years ago :o

I stopped at two. I do remember Ali calling us a bunch of virgins somewhere in this thread at precisely the point where we'd got two women pregnant. 

36 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Woah! :blink:

I have to ask, what's the /played up to now? 

No idea to be honest - but I've had every class to max level at some point and now have a few Ally toons too.

Having said that, I do take regular six month breaks and then come back, and of course getting to max level with full heirloom gear isn't exactly as time-consuming as it was during Vanilla.

My original UD War is still my main though. I love that bony bastard :)

36 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I stopped at two. I do remember Ali calling us a bunch of virgins somewhere in this thread at precisely the point where we'd got two women pregnant. 

I have a screen shot somewhere of me in Orgrimmar shouting out 'RISSO IS A DAD!!' :)

• Like 1

I'll probably break down and buy the expansion. I think it's do or die for Blizzard with this one. The movie is a total flop, WoD chased millions of players away, and they still demand a monthly sub fee...if Legion flops too, I think they'll pull the plug on further expansions and focus on their other games. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

ill be back playing again once the pre patch hits. Might level up either paladin or priest, as I've never played either.

I'm not sure how much things have changed in the few years since I played those classes, but Paladin is a great class to level up quickly as it absolutely rocks in the LFG tool.  Queue times as a healer are (or were) usually less than a minute, queue times as a tank were often less than ten seconds.  You can fly through instances and get new gear easily, though I presume you have heirloom gear. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'll probably break down and buy the expansion. I think it's do or die for Blizzard with this one. The movie is a total flop, WoD chased millions of players away, and they still demand a monthly sub fee...if Legion flops too, I think they'll pull the plug on further expansions and focus on their other games. 

I presume the curve has been going as expected, Blizzard know the game will drop off but because it's been so incredibly, unbelievably, spectacularly successful for more than a decade then Blizzard have basically been playing with house money for years.   Hearthstone and Overwatch have been wildly successful too. Blizzard are doing more than OK.  I'm sure we will reach a point one day when WoW goes free to play but I wouldn't be surprised if the game makes it to a 20th anniversary.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have been back on WoW for a couple of weeks now and gave the Demon Hunter a go last night. Seemed quite fun to be honest. I haven't taken part in any invasions yet but they sound interesting. Looking forward to the 'dynamic' zones in Legion too. I'll stick around for a few months and probably drop the game again.

Leveled the Demon Hunter to 100 last night.

Bloody hell it's a fun class to play :)

Have to say i've been very impressed with the pre-patch content so far. PvP is way more enjoyable for the casual player (the return of long AV being a particular favourite) and the Transmog system and new animations (particularly my Warrior) are excellent.

Really psyched for the xp now :thumb:

2 hours ago, Risso said:

The Garrisons killed the game for me.  Essentially turned the game into a series of smart phone type mini games.

Yep, I'm glad they've essentially killed those off now. Became a chore (particularly if like me, you had a bundle of different characters).

23 hours ago, Risso said:

Have they extended flying to everywhere yet?

I've been able to fly everywhere for ages after I did the achievement needed. It was worth the effort for me as it makes 90-100 way easier for my other toons.

iirc there will be a similar achi for Legion.

Edited by Designer1

Â