World of Warcraft

The_Rev

TRL will never be as strong as my character,.

I wouldnt be so sure about that Risso. Shadow Specced priests are hard as nails at higher levels. You might not even get near him to hit him.

Me, you, TRL and Dan would make a decent group for instances. You could do damage from range, TRL can heal, I'm a mixture of tanking and healing, and Dan can get in close and do real damage quickly. A similar level tank and we'd breeze Ragefire and the like.

Hunters pets make great Tanks.

Oh, and i was looking arount t'internet, and found these. Could be worth a read.

For TRL And again

For Dan

For Bicks

For Risso

And have a look in here too

Its worth having a glance at stuff like this. Give you some ideas about the depths in the game. Its all other peoples opinions, obviously, so you can take as much or as little as you chose from it. But if you get some ideas on how to play your class as they are now, and where to build your class to in the higher levels, you will find that the game becomes a much more enjoyable place to be.

Oh, and i should hit level 38 tonight! :lol:

Nice one Nays, how many XP points do you need on average in the high 30's? It's about 21000 for level 21. And how much does a mount cost, a fair bit I expect. I've done a fair bit of research into talent trees, wish I'd done it sooner as I'd have saved having to relearn and the subsequent cost. Any of you lot (Dan, Bicks, TRL) want to try Ragefire or Wailing Cavern tonight?

im looking at about 80,000 from level 38-39 i think. But the XP rewards are better at these levels. Also, make a point of heading to an inn or to a city before you logout for any decent amount of time. I almost always go back to Orgrimmar before i log out. Get a rested XP bonus that way.

A mount will cost you 90 gold. Unless you are a warlock, in which case they are free. :mrgreen:

I wouldnt be so sure about that Risso. Shadow Specced priests are hard as nails at higher levels. You might not even get near him to hit him.

S'not what I meant. At any level, priests are never going to be able to tank like Shamans are they?

Anything good Bicks, stick it in the auction, you'll make a bomb. Bits and bobs like low level armour, sell to vendors.

And TRL and Risso can't handle me from distance, wait until I get the pet up to speed

That's why you need mixed groups. The two duels yesterday, the first I didn't get the chance to get up close, and you kicked my arse. The second I got into melee range, slowed you down with a frost shock, then unloaded earth shock and a few swings from the axe, and you were toast. Each group has their strengths and weaknesses. Me and TRL were questing in Silverpine against some Level 14 elites. TRL will never be as strong as my character, so I was doing most of the tanking while he healed me and weighed in with some spells.

Me, you, TRL and Dan would make a decent group for instances. You could do damage from range, TRL can heal, I'm a mixture of tanking and healing, and Dan can get in close and do real damage quickly. A similar level tank and we'd breeze Ragefire and the like.

I havent played as much as you guys and I'm lagging behind in the levels but I'll come along as back up if you want ;)

A Priest can Shield, Fear, Nuke, Swing, Dot, then Sleep

What does that mean Nays??

S'not what I meant. At any level, priests are never going to be able to tank like Shamans are they?

The link Rev posted actually said priests were very good alternative tanks :? :shock:

I havent played as much as you guys and I'm lagging behind in the levels but I'll come along as back up if you want :winkold:

Very welcome :) No problem if you die often either... i can just revive you.

Shield = speaks for itself. Its up there with the best armour on the game. Hence good priest tanking. I still would reccomend using a warrior as a tank wherever possible.

Fear = You were on the wrong end of my fear yesterday.

Swing = **** knows.

Nuke = hit with a big direct damage spell.

Dot = damage over time spell.

Sleep = speaks for itself.

Too many! (Though as a fellow shift worker, im sure you will appreciate that when you are on lates, you spend the day before you are due in to work just waiting to go to work, so ill have a game then, and when i get back in from work its the wee small hours, so i can do anything other than go to bed, so ill have another game then too. If im on earlies, i wont play the game anywhere near as much as when im on lates, but ill probably still put an hour or two a day in. Sad, isnt it? )

Not really, I am resisting all temptation to go out and buy it. In fact I am going to have to stop reading this thread because the game looks fecking ace!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

Buy it Ali!

:lol:

Me, Bicks and TRL had a good go at the Wailing Cavern last night, and were joined halfway round by a Tauren druid who knew what he was doing. I like trying instances with your mates, as you can work out strategies without fear of cocking up and being lambasted by strangers!

We got a fair way in, but then unfortunately Bicks got picked off, and couldn't get back. The remaining three carried on, but we hit a part where there were about 5 elites against the three of us, and they were just too hard.

aggro2ut.th.jpg

Trying to quest in Arathi proves pointless (again) because the Battleground inside is attracting loads of level 50-60 players into a level 30-40 zone.

aggro12ee.th.jpg

Take this for example. As the Alliance base is right by Stormgarde Keep, and there are loads of quests in there for level 35-40 players, the level 50-60's Alliance waiting for the Battleground will simply join the queue for the Battleground, then just camp in here, so Horde players trying to quest cannot go inside. The Horde entrance to the Battleground is right over the other side of the map, so they tend to stay within the camp while waiting for the Battleground queue.

aggro22nb.th.jpg

And they dont hesitate in kicking the shit out of any Horde nearby. Even though im outnumbered by about 25-1 here, and they are pretty much all level ?? to me, im toast.

aggro33jz.th.jpg

I ran up as a ghost after dying to see how many of them there really were. And i couldnt get them all in one screenshot. As well as this lot on the slope, they are in the courtyard either side, on the floor and on the bridge behind me, and some went outside the gate to see if there were anymore players 20-30 levels beneath them that they could kill.

aggro49bp.th.jpg

And naturally, corpse camping was the order of the day too. Why oh why did Blizzard put a high level instance in a much lower level area? Arathi is practially no-go now, unless you are playing at 2am.

And ive not seen this in ages. Leeroy Jenkins Video.

In fact the first time i saw it, i didnt even have World of Warcraft, so i didnt know half the crap they were talking about, but the sheer comedy gold of it wasnt wasted on me one bit.

If you want to laugh at an American living up to a regional stereotype, then watch it.

I played the game for so long yesterday I actually becaime quite ill. I felt rough as **** at 4.15 am last night. Its taken a while but I finally get it!

I played the game for so long yesterday I actually becaime quite ill. I felt rough as **** at 4.15 am last night. Its taken a while but I finally get it!

I'm with you bro! As I was at 4am this morning! I think I'm getting WoW RSI!

The World or Roguecraft Video

Its actually scary. Especially if you are a Warlock (shit at fighting, no real defence, cloth armour) to see what some of the other classes can do in PvP. Seeing a Rogue running around in Ironforge taking level 60's out, or taking down a level 60 who has a high PvP rank (meaning he is good at fighting) while wearing just his underpants and using the dagger that he started the game with really defies belief. Its amazing how imbalanced the classes can be at times. I still cant think of how a Warlock can beat a Rogue. Any suggestions would be gratefully recived, but i dont think there is an answer.

Video is a big download, but if you have the hard drive space, id say watch it. Especially if you are Dan.

Â