World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Got mine in Tescos, but Asda had it as well.

Secondly it's really easy to get into. I didn't even read the instructions for ages. You just move your characters around, and bash things at first. The learning curve is brilliant, you don't even realise how it sucks you in. It's only when you've been playing for a while that you start to realise how HUGE this game is. The best bit though is teaming up with your mates. Me, TRL and Dan had a bugger of a quest last night that must have taken over an hour, but it was such a good laugh.

glad to be of service. even though i´m currently struggling to get back up to standard of pro evo... last time i played was may and i was beating everybody.. can´t even score a goal now! dammit. so i´d have no chance in that warcraft thing.

What kind of teamspeak do you use? Ventrilo??

Dan, Risso, Bicks, shall we make our own VT guild? And is Juju, or any other VT members playing the game?

I take for granted that D1 and Nays is to strong to hang with us :)

Dunno much about guilds mate. I think we should all get on at the same time soon though, i've hung out with all of you individually but as a group we can take on certain instances. We're all 20+ now so in theory we should kick ass.

BTW me and Bicks had an encounter with a ferocious really bad person of a Bear just now!

Teamspeak

I think the four of us need to try the Wailing Cavern and Ragefire really soon. Just think of the drops! (Even if Dan does choose "Need" every single time for the special items! ;o). ) Me, Dan and Bicks did Pyrewood with the level 15 elites, which was still pretty bloody hard as there were so many of them, but I got a miserable 250XP!

We were a bit bored last night, so wandered just east of Brill, which is dead low level, straight into a contested area with super high level beasties, resulting in instant death!

Hit Level 24 last night, and got about 6 new upgrades which set me back 4G! Well on my way to being an overpowered shammy as Nayson puts it, even though I still can't beat same level hunters in duels! Everything else is no problem, but hunters are gits, just can't get clsoe enough quick enough. I beat a L25 priest, L24 Rogue and L26 warrior in duels, but was murderlised by a L23 Hunter.

And a quick round of applause for Dan is in order fromall of the WoW addicts. From level 15 and "I'm bored and don't get it" at the weekend to Level 20 and staying on till 4am in the space of two days!

Get a warrior on board, and have a crack at Wailing Caverns.

You have outgrown Ragefire. Thats just a "practice" dungeon.

And that area you walked into is called the Eastern Plaguelands. Its a level 55+ area!

I reckon the four of us could crack the Cavern without a tank..... We've all got a lot better at pulling single targets now, and Dan's got to a level where he does serious damage from up close.

I think the four of us need to try the Wailing Cavern and Ragefire really soon. Just think of the drops! (Even if Dan does choose "Need" every single time for the special items! ;o). ) Me, Dan and Bicks did Pyrewood with the level 15 elites, which was still pretty bloody hard as there were so many of them, but I got a miserable 250XP!

We were a bit bored last night, so wandered just east of Brill, which is dead low level, straight into a contested area with super high level beasties, resulting in instant death!

Hit Level 24 last night, and got about 6 new upgrades which set me back 4G! Well on my way to being an overpowered shammy as Nayson puts it, even though I still can't beat same level hunters in duels! Everything else is no problem, but hunters are gits, just can't get clsoe enough quick enough. I beat a L25 priest, L24 Rogue and L26 warrior in duels, but was murderlised by a L23 Hunter.

And a quick round of applause for Dan is in order fromall of the WoW addicts. From level 15 and "I'm bored and don't get it" at the weekend to Level 20 and staying on till 4am in the space of two days!

you'll have to explain the drops thing I still don't get it. I thought you say if you need it and then it gets decided? I'm not a cnut honestly!

Id doesn't matter beyween mates like us Dan, but if you ever happen to join a random group for a dungeon, you need to know, or you'll get shouted out.

Only choose "need" if it's something you really need, or can at least use. I did the WC with some blokes and mistakenly pressed need for some shit hot mail that I could see turning a nice profit in the AH, but got called all the names under the sun! In those instances you should press "greed", but as far as I can tell need takes priority over greed.

It's the same with chests, instead of just opening them, most groups expect you to roll, and the highest out of a 100 gets the loot (type / roll 100).

With us it doesn't matter, as we can just trade anything that anybody really needs between ourselves.

Its need before greed.

If you want it to use then you type need. If you want it to sell you type greed.

And tanks are always good to have in instances. But Bicks pet can tank, if one of you or TRL is prepared to heal it when needed.

TRL's healing is brilliant. I love standing there bashing the bejaysus out of stuff, knowing that he's stood there making me well again. I've got healing totems now as well, after completing the excrutiatingly boring water totem quest, but it heals every group member for a minute by a certain amount, which is dead handy.

I respecced in order to be able to use 2H weapons, and get the improved Ghost Wolf (most handy for beating a hasty retreat!) but lost some speed in healing as a result. Going to start putting skill points back into healing now though.

Nays or Si, could you put the link for those mods back up, as I want to dowmload them but can't be bothered trawling back through this entire page to find it!

I think it's a shoe-in that I will be buying the game as soon as I can. I'm assured there's a new laptop on order for me in work so I just need to get broadband sorted at home and I'll be on (phew, that's all eh ?).

Nice one BOF. The good thing about having loads of VTers on WoW is that you get looked after from the off. Si and Nays did a brilliant job of showing us lot round, and helping us get decent weapons to start with. Now there's at least six of us who'll be able to show you the ropes.

Just thinking what else we need now. A mage probably.

My ideas about the classes. Im probably wrong on my opinions of them all, but there you go:

Druid - A hybrid. A lightweight Priest, Rogue and Warrior rolled into one. Gets "travel form" like the Shaman. Very versatile.

Hunter - Ranged damage dealer. Has sneaky traps and tricks and stuff. Has pet to help him.

Mage - Out and out damage dealer. Nice magical spells.

Paladin - Pussy arsed no skill cheap and nasty two button alliance only class. If you see one, kill it.

Priest - main healer, but can hit back quite hard too. Most popular class on the game in terms of how other people react to you. You are basically loved by everybody.

Rogue - Well, its a ninja basically, isnt it? **** amazing at dealing damage.

Shaman - Can do everything, and do it all at the same time too. Overpowered Horde only class. The Alliance hate you, but are probably too scared to do anything about it.

Warlock - Played as one for 39 levels now, and i still dont know what we do. I think we basically exist to **** oppo groups up while other people in the party get the glory. If the Warlock were a Chelsea player, it would be Calude Makelele.

Warrior - The tank. Ass whooping big hitting front line fighter. Can take one hell of a kicking, but can give it out some too.

And addons. Extract and put these in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns :

Titan Panel. Get this first.

Combat Sentry Gizmo Its a PvP must really. Get it before you are kicked into the Contested areas.

Auto Shout Out Helps the priest/healer out. Means that you automatically shout for healing when your health falls below a certain level. Very handy.

Scrolling combat text i like this a lot.

Questlevel (does exactly what it says on the tin) Si has a slightly different version called Fastquest

Autobuff If you can buff yourself, you need this. Its fantastic.

Atlas maps of Instances. V good.

There are literally thosands of mods. Bookmark Cursegaming and have a look for yourself.

Edit. When you install the mods, the game will tell you that they are out of date. They arent. Dont worry about the warning.

Â