World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Me, Risso, Dan and Trl did SFK (Shadow Fang Keep) tonight. SFK is a dungeon full of big bastard werewolves. Much fun ensued and much bickering over dropped loot etc :lol:

one for the photo album...

shot98tg.jpg

wrongun5tl.jpg

Oh, the comedy!

Anyway, it looks like it patch night tonight. Thats patch 1.8, so slight game changes (no doubt Warlocks nerfed and Rogues buffed again) but this means that the game will be offline from 2am to 10am (ish)

This also means that if you are online at server closedown, you can make derisory offers for stuff in the Auction House, and hope it times out while the game is offline, meaning you get good stuff at a knockdown price!

One thing i will say about that Bicks, is that as the thing will be following you around all the time, unless you like listenig to the constant flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap sound effect of its wings all day, it will probably piss you off as a while.

Sie who plays regularly with us had a hunter until about level 20 and he had that problem, albeit with a spider, which just made such an annoying noise when it followed him around that he was forced to kill it.

Ah, then you are okay. But the sound on the game really is gorgeous. Lush classical music as you drift around the world, through to sickening bonecrunching combat noises. The sound of a dagger as it hits home still makes me wince.

How does pet taming work anyway? Can you tame anything that is classed as a beast? or only certain things? It its anything, why havent i seen any hunters with a pet giraffe? And are pets all the same, only looking different, or do they all have different qualities? Do you want something fast for PvP that you can send in to disrupt and annoy who you are fighting while you do the real damage with your gun, or do you want something big and strong for PvE to act as a tank while again you deal the damage from a distance.

I know the warlock pets are vaired, allowing you to adopt either strategy (plus some others) so i can only assume its similar for Hunters?

Yep I think we need to set the VT guild up tonight. Someone said it was 10g between us, is that right?

I need to do the Wailing Cavern tonight if anyone fancies it, as I've a half finished quest in there. Plus we still all that bloody book from Shadow Fang, although we could save that for another night if everyone's bored with it. Did a couple of q's around Tarren Mill last night, as it gave me the opportunity to stock up on leather, but it was overrun with high level Ally who kept twatting me. I was glad then when me, Bicks and Dan the Needy :winkold: took out a lone hunter in Stonetalon.

It was funnier last week when TRL's armour seemed to consist of some reaallllly gay cycling shorts!

Also it's funny to see Rissok is a fat bar steward..

Actually, I'm a fat, HARD bar steward. And now I've got a nice new stave (that TRL really, REALLY wanted) I can dish out even more punishment. Took out a level 29 cave yeti or something around Tarren last night.

Â