The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

it's an 8 point gap instead of 10..

Madrid vs Malaga game was so so poor.. tired players and the lack of rotation from Mourinho meant the players were tired before kick off.

I think Real Madrid will drop further points so it will be interesting to see what happens, The betis game, the Rayo game now this game.. just not good enough at all.

and I think you're actually serious...

Madrid vs Malaga game was so so poor.. tired players and the lack of rotation from Mourinho meant the players were tired before kick off.

I think Real Madrid will drop further points so it will be interesting to see what happens, The betis game, the Rayo game now this game.. just not good enough at all.

I am serious.

Have you not seen the games? away at Rayo it was a backheel goal by Ronaldo that was the difference - otherwise Rayo had the better chances.

Betis game - less said about that the better, defending just didn't exist that game as has been the case past few weeks, to conceed 2 goals against Betis is shocking and they looked dangerous on every attack.

They may have the "best squad" in europe but it means nothing if you don't use them and rotate.

Madrid have been coasting for weeks now and if they don't step it up they will drop more points and they still have Sevilla, Valencia, Athletic and Atletico to play.

They should be playing much better and as I said it's not good enough and they are scraping through the wins at the moment.

They have the highest points per game average in Europe, and they'be dropped just 10 points.

A few bad games is completely normal and they well easily win the league, a great achievement.

I am serious.

Have you not seen the games? away at Rayo it was a backheel goal by Ronaldo that was the difference - otherwise Rayo had the better chances.

Betis game - less said about that the better, defending just didn't exist that game as has been the case past few weeks, to conceed 2 goals against Betis is shocking and they looked dangerous on every attack.

They may have the "best squad" in europe but it means nothing if you don't use them and rotate.

Madrid have been coasting for weeks now and if they don't step it up they will drop more points and they still have Sevilla, Valencia, Athletic and Atletico to play.

They should be playing much better and as I said it's not good enough and they are scraping through the wins at the moment.

Absolute bollocks if you ask me.

They are going through a "rough" patch, like every other team on form does, however they are winning almost every game! Look at Man City losing to Swansea and Tottenham losing out three games in a row. Real Madrid have won 21 out of 22 games or so - is it any wonder they are perhaps struggling with complacency from time to time? And they drew against Malaga after all, the team with all the money and all the new players. A team which has the potential to beat any team on a good day, it just lacks stability.

And the teams you mention... well the only team they fear is Barcelona. They are more than capable of beating all those teams by five goals, and they probably will! Sevilla are 12th and Bilbao are 7th, like United meeting WBA.

Winning even on a bad day, almost every time they have a bad day, is not struggling - that is winning the championship. Against the best team of all time which is Barcelona, so I would say they are pretty comfortable after all.

A 90th minute equaliser denies Real Madrid their 22nd win in 23 league matches.

x7OH9.gifPANIC! x7OH9.gif

It's not so much the result it's the performances I am talking about.. yes they may score for fun (which wasn't the case yesterday) but that back 4 have been poor for weeks.

They are going through a "rough" patch

I agree but when your top of the league you really can't afford too many mistakes like they have done the past few weeks.

Sevilla are 12th and Bilbao are 7th, like United meeting WBA.

Bilbao are nothing like WBA, they are far far tougher opponents as they turn up in the big games.

Anyway it's 2 points dropped not three so it's not all bad but they really need to work on that back 4 because at the moment they are outscoring opponents instead of defending properly (which isn't a bad thing but unless your forwards are fit and not tired like they were yesterday you will have problems) Madrid were always going to drop points, Barca probably will too so it's still pretty much open.

Agree with what most people have said. "not good enough" is ridiculous, to be honest.

Now if they were to throw away the 10 point (now 8 point) lead and end up second, then THAT would be bad at this stage of the season.

But that won't happen.

Bilbao are 7th, like United meeting WBA.

Cannot believe you just said that. Bilbao completely outplayed United in their 2 games. So quite how you can compare Bilbao to WBA is beyond me.

There might be a massive gap between the top 2 and the rest in Spain but IMO, after that, there is more good teams in Spain than there is in England.

Not sure what the issue is. They didn't win last night, DVIN is saying it wasn't good enough. Doesn't matter if they won every other game this season 5-0, last night was not a good enough result or performance. If he was saying the whole season hasn't been good enough, sure.

^ spot on, which is my point and as I have said before the results aren't the issue here it's the performances I am talking about and if the performances continue to drop it will eventually effect the points tally.

I just realised Coentrao is back from injury so that's a good start, Di Maria the week after I think which is also good news.

Also I see Villarreal have hired Lotina (3rd coach this season for them) today.. could be interesting.

I saw the Madrid game, but without sound, so I wasn't sure what was going on with the red cards.

Ramos' was deserved, you could tell that.

But it did appear that Ozil got sent off for absolutely nothing.

Â