The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Back to La Liga. A good win for Villareal yesterday and Valencia hold Atletico with a late equaliser which means they are only a point off Atletico, with Sevilla and Villareal a further 5/6 pts behind. It could be an interesting finish with El Clasico coming soon and I feel if Barcelona win that, thats the title. 

United and Liverpool also have an interest in Vietto. Not sure it would be the right move for him move moving to Real now. He's had one season at Villareal after moving from Racing Club.  Like to see him stay there another season, who knows they may be in the champions league next season either through finishing 4th or winning the europa league. Big game tonight against Sevilla. i think the winners of that tie could well go on and win the europa league. 

It's an interesting one.

I think he should probably stick around for another season but if he did move in the summer to Madrid he certainly has the potential to make that striker position his own. Benzema is a very good player but consistency can be an issue with him and I do honestly believe Vietto will turn out the better player.

Problem is this season when they have been behind in games the options on the bench aren't up to much really. Jese looks a shadow of himself before the injury and Hernandez hasn't made an impact either.

I think they will sign a striker in the summer but Vietto probably seems too much of a threat to Benzema so maybe they will look for another loan deal unless the club have had enough and get someone to rival him again.

Adebayor/Hernandez signing and letting Higuain go suggests the club haven't looked for someone to rival him for a while but accommodate him in the squad. Maybe that might change in the summer.

Yes without doubt, Vietto is one of the best young strikers in world football right now. His options are going to be numerous. Theres the buyout clause of 20 mil euros as well, so every big club in Europe will be looking at him. Maybe we could do a part exchange deal with Benteke  :) 

How has James Rodríguez done for Real. I know he was the star of the world cup but sense he hasn't lived up to expectation. 

Edited by PaulC

So, I'm going to be in Barcelona next weekend and would very much like to see El Clasico live and in person.

Question - how the hell do I do this? Is there any chance of getting tickets without spending £500? I've never been to a Barcelona game, let alone El Clasico, so have literally no idea what the chances are of getting a ticket.

Thoughts? Advice?

My general advice for trying to get barca tickets in this country is don't get them through anyone operating in England, the commission they want is ridiculous, try and find an English bloke / company living in barca who will get you the tickets and deliver them to your hotel, think I paid about £10 per ticket extra that way, some English sites wanted £50 extra per ticket

These thomas cook football specials etc are a piss take

I think your best option at this late juncture is to see a tout outside the ground and pay €250 for a single seat in the upper upper upper mezzanine.  Either that or go via a ticket exchange site which is essentially the same thing. 

I went to El Classico for my 30th back in 2004 I never had a ticket but rolled up at the Nou Camp before kick off. Managed to get 4 of us tickets through socios basically Barca have fans from all over Spain so my guy was from Majorca his normal companions could not make it so he sold me their tickets for face value. Was on the 2nd tier towards the corner flag.

In the bars for the week leading upto the game you get touts offering tickets for 400-500 euros. I was willing to take a chance at the ground though.

There's an official stand on La Rambla that sells Barcelona tickets.

It's about halfway between the Columbus monument and Placa de Catalunya, I'd guess slightly further up than Placa Reial. It's in the middle on the main strip, on the right hand side (if you're walking towards placa de catalunya)

Might be worth trying there if you want an official ticket. No idea if they'll have any or what they'd cost though!

Edited by Stevo985

Wonder if Bale will return to England next season. Obviously Real would have to sell him at a huge loss, but not good when the supporters and the leading newspaper are against you. 

Valencia will go 3rd tonight. 

Edited by PaulC

Anyone surprised Vietto didn't get a call up to the Argentina squad?

higuain, messi, tevez, aguero, lavezzi...

icardi is playing really well this year too

as for las rambla, las ramblas is just the plural, the whole stretch is more than 1 street all starting with rambla and i think they might even incorporate the some of the side streets too so neither are actually wrong

Â