Jump to content

General Election Pre-Thread (5 of 6)


limpid

General Election Results 2024  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

  2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

  3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

  4. 4. What will the turnout be?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/24 at 17:00

Recommended Posts

A new one each week to keep the poll relevant.

The party specific stuff can go on the party specific threads (but there will be some overlap). This is more for general stuff about the election, like the horrifying backstories of candidates.

I've tweaked the number ranges based on last week's poll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s JUST happened…

…the first Conservative leaflet I’ve received! No dominant blue in sight - main colour seems to be cream. “It’s not us, honest”.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s JUST happened…

…the first Conservative leaflet I’ve received! No dominant blue in sight - main colour seems to be cream. “It’s not us, honest”.

Same with my Tory leaflet, cream with blue text. Really trying to hide how Tory they really are 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really tried to dislike the Tory fella who wants the Tamworth gig (Eddie Hughes). He’s obviously only sniffing around because he loses his current seat regardless because of the boundary changes. 

Whilst I have zero intention of voting for him he is mainly saying and doing the right sort of things from what I can tell. And plenty of people talk warmly about him, his family and what he does.

On the other hand the Labour MP (Sarah Edwards) who won the by-election seems to just spend every day at a different small restaurant/ cafe having her photo taken and never, ever responding to anyone’s messages or emails.

I’m not aware of her achieving anything since she got the gig. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really tried to dislike the Tory fella who wants the Tamworth gig (Eddie Hughes). He’s obviously only sniffing around because he loses his current seat regardless because of the boundary changes. 

Whilst I have zero intention of voting for him he is mainly saying and doing the right sort of things from what I can tell. And plenty of people talk warmly about him, his family and what he does.

On the other hand the Labour MP (Sarah Edwards) who won the by-election seems to just spend every day at a different small restaurant/ cafe having her photo taken and never, ever responding to anyone’s messages or emails.

I’m not aware of her achieving anything since she got the gig. 

Got the same situation, but reverse parties. 
 

current Tory MP that has done nothing of note here, or responds to emails Vs a real nice, hard working labour lady that gives a lot of time talking to people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Got the same situation, but reverse parties. 
 

current Tory MP that has done nothing of note here, or responds to emails Vs a real nice, hard working labour lady that gives a lot of time talking to people. 

Easy decision for you then at the GE.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've hungered for the Tories downfall for a long, long time, but this is almost too pitiful to enjoy.

The fact they are so pathetic and it’s a foregone conclusion takes a little bit of the shine off it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've hungered for the Tories downfall for a long, long time, but this is almost too pitiful to enjoy.

I’m of the view that it’s not pitiful enough to fully enjoy. I don’t think my tiny mind has quite got round to accepting the polls might be right. I mean I think the baby eaters will lose and very deservedly too, but I’m still cautious that it will be my hoped for complete annihilation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Sunak hasn't come out and condemned any of this insider betting has he? A jellyfish has more back bone.

The official line appears to be "there is an investigation underway and it wouldn't be fair to prejudice the outcome..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...
Â