Conor Gallagher

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is definitely true. Wes and Todd Boehly (who owns Chelsea) are co-owners of various businesses in the US (via Fortress and Clearlake respectively).

If that’s the case, then I’m thinking there will be a “psr friendly deal” to happen 

• Like 1

Duran for CG as a straight swap makes loads of sense - if Duran wants out. He’s a junior McGinn and perfect rotation. That leaves us short a striker, but if it were to happen then Monchi Inc have a plan for that, too.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Duran for CG as a straight swap makes loads of sense - if Duran wants out. He’s a junior McGinn and perfect rotation. That leaves us short a striker, but if it were to happen then Monchi Inc have a plan for that, too.

Mbappe

• Haha 1

The article that this thread is predicated on says that a swap involving Duran is highly unlikely because the FFP benefit Chelsea would get from selling Gallagher as an academy player would be lost if they swapped him rather than a straight sale

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, useless said:

The article that this thread is predicated on says that a swap involving Duran is highly unlikely because the FFP benefit Chelsea would get from selling Gallagher as an academy player would be lost if they swapped him rather than a straight sale

Right, you’d have to pay cash for each rather than swap. Not that I think this will happen, but if we each pay each other £50m then it’s not a swap. But the end result is still that we would swap players.

Edited by Adam2003

'It is unclear whether Chelsea retain an interest in Durán, but it is highly unlikely they would consider any sort of swap deal for academy product Gallagher given his sale would count as 100 per cent profit in terms of profitability and sustainability rules.'

8 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Mbappe

Villa having a plan for Mbappe is like me having a plan for Jessica Alba. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

'It is unclear whether Chelsea retain an interest in Durán, but it is highly unlikely they would consider any sort of swap deal for academy product Gallagher given his sale would count as 100 per cent profit in terms of profitability and sustainability rules.'

Cool. 60 million for Duran on 15th of June, 40 million for CG on 1st of July. 

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We've got several players that can and will leave for a few mill here and there. If any sale includes selling our best players like Luiz, Ramsey etc that are coming into their prime then I'd rather not bother. We've had a terrible habit over the years of being a selling club due to having limited ambition and now we've managed to get into the CL selling our better players would be seriously counter productive imo. Especially when you consider we've got the likes of Dendonker, Archer, Hause,  Coutinho, Iroegbunam, Chambers all taking wages from the club. The way I see it these players need to be moved on if they have no future before we start even contemplating moving on players that actually make us a competitive team. 

As for Luiz or Ramsey being sold....lmao. If anyone thinks Luiz is leaving on the eve of playing in the CL after helping us get there over the last 5 years I think they're pissed tbh. He's shown nothing but loyalty even signing a new deal while dickhead Gerrard was here and could've just sat out his previous deal. Ramsey either after having a season a season out and probably at his lowest value. Selling either of these players is stupid tbh. I'd sell Digne, Cash and a few others before even contemplating selling those two.

I agree re Luiz and anyone who watched Unai Emery Cam from the Liverpool game could see that Dougie was celebrating as hard as anyone.

2 years left on his contract now though so the proof will be in the pudding, if he wants to stay he will be signing an extension imminently!

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d wager a lot of money 2 of those 3 players are going to leave. 

I'm hoping not. Depends on how poorly our economics are. We'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

there might be no truth in it

It's this kind of absolute 100% commitment to taking a position that keeps us all coming back to this forum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t want to sell Ramsey but the concept of both selling a pure profit player at an inflated price from both sides to get slightly around PSR is a very good idea.  

Let’s say Duran is worth £30m and we agree to sell at £50m to them, and Gallagher is £50m but they sell for £70m to us…it gives more PSR room now.  Net effect zero in fees and the PSR committee can’t argue on the prices.

Genius.

Didn't Juventus get a massive points deduction and a European ban for doing something like this recently? 

He’s developed more than I thought he would, I thought he was just a bit of a run-arounder but has become a decent all round midfielder for Chelsea… personally I think a defensive mid should be the bigger priority and if we have our own FFP concerns then blowing the budget on Gallagher isn’t a move which makes too much sense, unless it’s a deliberate deal we buy Gallagher to help their FFP and they buy Duran to help our FFP

Â