1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Olympiacos haven't played a game this weekend 🥲 A weeks rest

Just like the French Ligue with Lille. This is an absolute **** disgrace and I am surprised no one is shouting louder about the unfair disadvantage the premier league is imposing on its own clubs in Europe.

If Rogers is out I doubt we can hack this match. We had to play Brighton this Sunday in a match absolutely crucial to Champions League qualification. Olympiacos had the weekend off. This is an absolute disgrace.

On 04/05/2024 at 09:47, ender4 said:

Can we claw back 2 goals and get through to the final?

I don't think so. I think we'll concede at least one goal out there and that makes it very difficult. 

When do we find out if emi and youri are back fit? 

Emi

Cash.    Konsa.      Pau.      Moreno

Youri.       Doug

McGinn.                                 Zaniolo

Bailey.        Ollie

Moreno for digne as we need to go for it. Zaniolo assuming rogers is injured, over diaby as zaniolo seems to defend a bit better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just like the French Ligue with Lille. This is an absolute **** disgrace and I am surprised no one is shouting louder about the unfair disadvantage the premier league is imposing on its own clubs in Europe.

TBF Klopp and Guardiola have been moaning about it for ages.

• Like 2

If Youri is still out, Tim needs to start. Dougie and Ginny don't work together as a deep 2 in midfield, Tim and Dougie with Ginny further forward would work. 

Far more surprising things have happened than us getting a 2 score lead against Olympiacos

Get an early goal and it's game on

Under normal circumstances I would be reasonably confident of us turning this tie around but watching us yesterday, we appear so mentally and physically fatigued. I just don’t know now?

Score first then maybe. Just unsure if we have the energy for this fight? 

Posted (edited)

I wonder if he will rest players for this like he did at Man C115y. 

There's no way the match fixing, mafia boss owner would ever allow the officials to let us walk off with a 3 goal win, even if we were capable. Which we aren't unfortunately, given our injuries and burn out.

We lost this tie at Villa Park. It's 100%; over as far as I'm concerned. 

We just have to think what's best for the club now I think, and playing out this scharade with semi injured/burnt out players, COULD cost us the Champions League if Spurs blagged a point v Man C115y.

Send the kids?

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Anyone have any belief that we can turn this around? Any belief I had went missing after the turgid Brighton performance...

Absolutely not. Not with the players we have out and the tiredness of those left, plus the 100% bent ref we will be facing and that hostile crowd.

Not a chance.

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I am going to have defend the FA and its not something I generally do but hear me out. 

I get the “they aren’t playing a game and we are” calls and it is insanely unfair. We already look out on our feet so a weekend off could make a massive difference. 

But think about the hassle postponing the Villa, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal and City games when playing knock out European games. England often have 5-6 clubs playing knock games in Europe. For those weekends you likely have 2-3 matches and 7-8 games to reschedule. 

Last thing, I do think when you are towards the back end of the European comps (maybe QF onwards) England should consider it. It would only be a few clubs in that position and surely they should prioritise winning a European cup over keeping up with domestic fixtures.

Last last thing. It might make sense to take European qualified clubs or even all top division clubs out of the league cup. 

4 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Anyone have any belief that we can turn this around? Any belief I had went missing after the turgid Brighton performance...

Yep.

I think it'll be tough, and I think olympiacos are obviously heavy favourites now. But we're still in the tie.

We were absolutely shit last Thursday and we still scored twice and should have had a third.

They can be got at. If we're better defensivley on Thursday then we've got a chance

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I wonder if he will rest players for this like he did at Man C115y. 

There's no way the match fixing, mafia boss owner would ever allow the officials to let us walk off with a 3 goal win, even if we were capable. Which we aren't unfortunately, given our injuries and burn out.

We lost this tie at Villa Park. It's 100%; over as far as I'm concerned. 

We just have to think what's best for the club now I think, and playing out this scharade with semi injured/burnt out players, COULD cost us the Champions League if Spurs blagged a point v Man C115y.

Send the kids?

I dont think that idea will ever cross emery's mind. He believes and so should we

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont think that idea will ever cross emery's mind. He believes and so should we

Should "we"?

I can't force myself to believe something I don't. Belief isnt a choice.

You either believe something to be true, or you don't.  

In this case, I dont believe we will win the tie.