Grand National 2024

GlobalVillan

Right then.

Don't ever gamble apart from this and despite being 6,000 miles away I've continued the tradition.

I've gone 20 quid each way on:

Vanillier 10/1

Corach Rambler 7/1

Chemical Energy 40/1

What's everyone else gone for?

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Panda Boy 9/1

I know nothing about horse racing 

My missus has gone for that. We know f*** all about it either. It's just tradition I suppose.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Panda Boy 9/1

I know nothing about horse racing 

Does anyone? I don't really do the horses, but can you actually read the form and pick a winner? I don't really get it.

• Like 1

Just now, T-Dog said:

Does anyone? I don't really do the horses, but can you actually read the form and pick a winner? I don't really get it.

I pick names I like, the missus goes for the colours. It's not scientific butvwe get the odd winner or place occasionally.

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I pick names I like, the missus goes for the colours. It's not scientific butvwe get the odd winner or place occasionally.

I used to do the same as you, and all my crew are the same still now, I just don't really get it. Altho also, I've stopped betting on the football too, so maybe it's betting I have an issue with? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Picking the claret and blue rider is always my go to choice 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Vanilier, lots of letters from Villa in the name.

The wife chose Mr. Incredible, but I think she was having a dig at me by choosing that.

Thats why I picked Vanillier. Came 2nd last year I think.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Panda Boy - because my son loves Pandas 

Mahler Mission - Grandfather's favourite composer 

Dead certs I tell ya.

Missus has gone for Panda Boy.

• Like 1

Most I ever win on the national was in the 70s. Mom phoned up from the hairdressers. I had to go down there and pick up all the bets from the women in there. It was there annual flutter. Dad said before I went, don't take it to the bookies put it all in your pocket. I did none of there horses won. So I cleaned up.

• Haha 2

National is no longer the spectacle it once was and it's also the worst race to have a punt on.

Still i've gone with Mahler's Mission at 14/1.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

National is no longer the spectacle it once was 

Definitely. A lot of the danger and unpredictability is gone out of it. It's just another race now to be honest. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Definitely. A lot of the danger and unpredictability is gone out of it. It's just another race now to be honest. 

Thank god it has. Still wouldn’t say it just another race now, but it’s a lot safer and rightly so. 

Â