Three and out

villa4europe

Watching the Sheffield fans piling out tonight... 

It's a thing and something I'll admit I used to do, had a ST, went to maybe 12 away games a year but when we went 3 goals down I walked out and went to the pub 

2 stand out for me and they were both last away games of the season, spurs we went 3-0 down before HT, no beer in the ground so a group of us walked out and went for a beer in a spurs pub just down the road, Southampton away when we got battered and I walked out after the 3rd which was in about the 16th minute (?) I passed villa fans walking in as I walked out, same again I went to a saints pub down the road

Never done it at home though, closest I came was the Liverpool game which is still the only time I've ever left a home game early but that was in about the 60th minute 

Looks very much like it's a thing for SU fans too

Took part in that Everton home protest in 15/16 when we were 3 down, think it was on 75th minute there was orchestrated walk out.

Another I can remember is first Lambert season and we had that terrible run over xmas. Wigan went 3-0 up and there was still a good 25 minutes left and I just said to my Dad "let's go." He's normally the one who wanted to leave early when I used to go with him so even he was surprised but we were so terrible in that period and it was freezing.

Beyond that I normally stay into injury time and then make an exit on 94th/95th minute just to beat the crowd. 

I've maybe walked out with a couple of minutes to go on a couple of occasions but I don't understand leaving with a significant number of minutes left.  You might miss the best goal you'll ever see or the best save in history. Or of course a mental comeback. 

• Like 2

I left at 3-0 down home to QPR during 2017/18. It was on a Tuesday night, having been rearranged from being a Saturday fixture due to the Beast from the East.

We had beaten Wolves 4-1 three days prior. Talk about a reality check. Utterly miserable.

Making sure I could catch the train was a factor in leaving early. Although in fairness I’d have probably left earlier even if it hadn’t been.

Remember us against Stoke at home in the lambert years

winning one nil and just fell apart and they scored three in 20. Left and caught the rest on the tele at home. That was an awful season and it was just getting me down too much 

1 hour ago, Giro said:

Remember us against Stoke at home in the lambert years

winning one nil and just fell apart and they scored three in 20. Left and caught the rest on the tele at home. That was an awful season and it was just getting me down too much 

I remember that game.... I stayed to beat the traffic. Seriously by the 80th minute the ground was practically empty, the quickest I've ever driven out of Villa Park after waiting for the final whistle....

Never left early. Never gone to the bar before half time. I've paid good money to go to watch the football and support my team, why would I not stay for it all? 

Besides which, there have been countless times when people have left and then we've scored two injury time goals and won (or whatever).

Never understood people leaving early.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Never left early. Never gone to the bar before half time. I've paid good money to go to watch the football and support my team, why would I not stay for it all? 

Besides which, there have been countless times when people have left and then we've scored two injury time goals and won (or whatever).

Never understood people leaving early.

Home games I'd agree

Away games I wouldn't, Ive been to a lot of away games where the football almost got in the way of a great day / weekend out with mates, maybe a bigger question as to what football is and why people do it 

I'm not actually one to ever leave early. My favourite was the 3-3 against Sheff Utd with Green last minute in front of me and about 7 others.

Comms taking joy in pointing out fans leaving early though. MoTd "I don't just think that's fans leaving for half time refreshments.

How would you know and what's it got to do with you? Did you pay £50 to travel an hour or two to sit in the pissing cold on your 'day off'

**** off.

• Like 1

Only time I can remember leaving before the final whistle was at Wembley with Arsenal leading 3-0. Heard the cheer as the 4th went in just as we'd got outside the ground. 

What started as a fantastic day soon turned miserable. 

Â