Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Isn’t Bellanova a RM as opposed to a Rb/Rwb? Think Nedeljovic will be our attacking fullback and we’ll go for a more defensive RB option but as just stated it’s anyone’s guess is this will be true.

Hermoso yes, Barkley yes (although only as a better squad option - would still prefer a CM and DM), Nunes no, Williams no (he wants too much).

I think we need a striker, Luiz competition CM, DM and RB. Barkley I see more as a bandaid signing, quality one mind. The Soler rumours are interesting as he plays more RM than anything else, so perhaps McGinn/Tielemans competition?

If we got Simons in that would be a real game changer, even on loan. 

Barkley is cover for Tielemans IMO, as he has become an important member of the squad and we badly missed him when he was out. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

would kalvin phillips on a season long loan be a good option if hes anywhere near fit - or we think hes a busted flush now ?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I’d rather sign that toilet on loan rather Kalvin Phillips 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

No to Nunes.  Missing a DM.  So an unbalanced transfer window imo.

I agree i just couldn’t think of any names at the time to throw in there as well as an additional forward and i would remove Matheus Nunes after further thought 👏🏽

4 hours ago, burchy said:

Isn’t Bellanova a RM as opposed to a Rb/Rwb? Think Nedeljovic will be our attacking fullback and we’ll go for a more defensive RB option but as just stated it’s anyone’s guess is this will be true.

Hermoso yes, Barkley yes (although only as a better squad option - would still prefer a CM and DM), Nunes no, Williams no (he wants too much).

I think we need a striker, Luiz competition CM, DM and RB. Barkley I see more as a bandaid signing, quality one mind. The Soler rumours are interesting as he plays more RM than anything else, so perhaps McGinn/Tielemans competition?

If we got Simons in that would be a real game changer, even on loan. 

Im not entirely sure if he is but it states his a RB and included him as we look to be strongly linked but alternatives are considered, someone mentioned Nedjelovic or however its spelt as the RB but he wont be as he is too young and inexperienced to start there right now. Xavi Simmons would be a huge signing for us and definitely a game changer I really want Nico though we should move heaven and earth for him. 

do we think well go big on players, or do you think well go and "pad out" the squad with some cheaper signings with quality and versatility ?  

For example:

Wilfried Zaha, 31, experienced, CL experience, will hit the ground running, can play off the left, would be OK as a second striker off Watkins and could also do a job as a striker on occasion........ wouldn't cost the earth

Lo Celso, 28ish, experienced in europe, knows the manager well and has played for him in previous, versatile, again wouldnt cost the earth

Hermoso; Free Transfer

Ndidi:  Free Transfer

Barkley; Nominal Fee

Tysgankov; Good Age, Not gonna break the bank, Versatile

Just a thought, but more a convo on if this is where well be at this summer rather than 50/60M players we possible cant afford if you believe the press

12 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

do we think well go big on players, or do you think well go and "pad out" the squad with some cheaper signings with quality and versatility ?  

For example:

Wilfried Zaha, 31, experienced, CL experience, will hit the ground running, can play off the left, would be OK as a second striker off Watkins and could also do a job as a striker on occasion........ wouldn't cost the earth

Lo Celso, 28ish, experienced in europe, knows the manager well and has played for him in previous, versatile, again wouldnt cost the earth

Hermoso; Free Transfer

Ndidi:  Free Transfer

Barkley; Nominal Fee

Tysgankov; Good Age, Not gonna break the bank, Versatile

Just a thought, but more a convo on if this is where well be at this summer rather than 50/60M players we possible cant afford if you believe the press

LoCelso? No, no, no!

The list in your comment is mostly a pretty poor selection of players imo.

I think it has to be a mix of padding out the squad while adding a couple of real quality with the season we have ahead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RicRic said:

Lets say we complete the below

Raoul Bellanova (RB) £20m - Salary *£80K*
Mario Hermoso (LB/CB) Free - Salary *£105k*

Nico Williams (LM/AM) £43m - Salary *£175k*  
Ross Barkley (CM) £2m - Salary *£40k*
Matheus Nunes (CM) £27m - Salary *£95k*  

Good Window ?? 

You’re going to have to almost double that salary for Nico Williams I’m afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Ok happy to give him £350k per year.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Maybe one big player, but the rest will be to improve the squad. Last season we showed our best team is good enough to take on man city and arsenal, but struggled towards the of the season when injuries and fatigue were an issue.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’ll take a pay cut to join the Emery Posse 😆

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

LoCelso? No, no, no!

The list in your comment is mostly a pretty poor selection of players imo.

I think it has to be a mix of padding out the squad while adding a couple of real quality with the season we have ahead.

Yeah that selection is horrid and gets us nowhere but regression sorry to say 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is true I believe he's already earning about this much at his boyhood club. They pay insane wages to secure the eligible players. 

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

This is true I believe he's already earning about this much at his boyhood club. They pay insane wages to secure the eligible players. 

Yeah he’s already on that wage more or less at Bilbao. Would take an insane wage to tempt him a move. 

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t. We won’t be paying that to anyone.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:
30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t. We won’t be paying that to anyone.

Why? That’s about £7k per week.  Bargain if you ask me.

Â