Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Does anyone not remember we actually had barkley here....is it only me?

He was kind of not good enough when he was younger and we had less aspirations. 

Exactly this is whats rattling my head like im in shock with so seeing ppl say it may be a good signing 

36 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

all the talk of NDIDI on here, not sure if its anywhere else, but for my sins, ive had the dis-pleasure of going to around 7/8 Leicester games this season and the player who has impressed me the most by a country mile on each occasion was Harry Winks in the defensive midfield role.  Hed suit us far better than Ndidi.   He will go and take the ball in pockets off the back 4, and draw in the opposition then find a gap with a good ball forward.     Albeit Championship, hes been the best player ive seen this season in that league and, tin hat at the ready, would be a good squad option for us at what id assume would be a decent price and suit the way we play.

Just my opinion, and no basis behind it other than what i've seen

Ive personally never seen the reasons behind his reputation , i've always thought he was a good player

I will possibly allow this but he must be forced to wear the number 40. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I will possibly allow this but he must be forced to wear the number 40. 

Classic

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Exactly this is whats rattling my head like im in shock with so seeing ppl say it may be a good signing 

Mate… we aren’t playing FM. We have good players and some injured ones returning. We have to boost and kind of fill out the squad (seen how light and weak it is, especially in ECL and how we’ve suffered with injuries and suspensions).

I’m sure we’ll make at least a couple of “marquee” type signings… but we are under some restrictions… we don’t have a massive budget and can’t go wild but I expect key and quality additions. We have to be savvy, wise, intelligent.

Let’s not undervalue and write off the players we have and that have taken us this far too… you’ve said some aren’t good enough for CL too… I think that’s unfair and younger players will only improve - some of them shine in those teams too…

Our strongest sides have put in some amazing performances and got results against big teams that would be eyeing up that CL trophy or to go far in that competition… Unai can work wonders with whatever players he has at his disposal too.

It’s very early, window hasn’t officially opened (14th June to 30th August. Although we can agree deals early, especially for frees such as Hermoso if that is happening) and there is a long way to go… it’s going to be busy, both on outgoings and incomings. 

We need more players and some that don’t cost us much but can help us out - we need more options and less of a drop off. But we can’t pay big fees and big wages for too many…

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)

Diego Carlos is one of the players Aston Villa are expected to listen to offers for as the club attempts to prepare for the Champions League while continuing to comply with profit and sustainability rules.

But academy product Jacob Ramsey has no desire to leave Villa Park this summer and will only leave if the club cannot make alternative sales.

Like most other clubs in the Premier League, Villa will need to offset new signings with sales during the summer transfer window despite landing a windfall of around £50 million for qualifying for the Champions League.

Villa are not believed to be facing a huge bonus bill for qualifying for the Champions League, with most players thought to be on bonuses for playing in any European competition which were already triggered last season following qualification for the Europa Conference League.

That has proved to be a shrewd move from Villa, as clubs can face huge hikes in their wage bill when they qualify for the Champions League.

Central defender Carlos has already attracted some attention and the fact he has two years remaining on a contract thought to be worth around £100,000-a-week means Villa could sell him.

The 31-year-old joined Villa for a reported £26 million two years ago, which would make his book value to the club £13 million and Italian sources have claimed AC Milan have already shown an interest in him.

While selling Carlos would not, in itself, give Villa a huge PSR boost, it would free up value space on the wage bill and give them a bit more breathing space.

Ramsey attracting interest from big clubs

Selling Ramsey would provide Villa with a huge PSR boost as any fee banked for him would count as 100 per cent profit. But the 22-year-old has no desire to leave his boyhood club and is excited at the prospect of returning from injury to play in next season’s Champions League.

Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United and Liverpool are all admirers of Ramsey, but Villa’s valuation of the player is likely to be too high for all three clubs this summer. Ramsey is only expected to leave the club if Villa find themselves in a position where they have to bring in cash and have failed to sell other players.

Villa are looking to sign a midfielder, and are among the clubs to have expressed an interest in Conor Gallagher, a forward and a full-back, who could also provide cover in the centre of defence. Atletico Madrid defender Mario Hermoso has been linked.

Clement Lenglet and Nicolo Zaniolo, who spent the season on loan at Villa, are expected to return to the parent clubs, Barcelona and Galatasaray.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Jacob Ramsey wants to stay ".... That's sucks for him then... As everyone has decided he'll be sold for FFP...

( Yes I'm bitter and have made the same trope a million times )

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not surprising… our higher earners that are not deemed essential and are approaching the latter end of their careers will be available. That includes both Digne and Carlos. We can’t keep paying big money to these kinds of players. Olsen is on a decent, but not comparable, contract too. We won’t sign Lenglet either who is on too much.

I hope, in the Monchi and Unai era, we will finally stop handing expensive, long contracts to older players or those past their best that we then struggle to move on (because of that).

Or to crap players like Dendoncker.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not surprising… our higher earners that are not deemed essential and are approaching the latter end of their careers will be available. That includes both Digne and Carlos. We can’t keep paying big money to these kinds of players. Olsen is on a decent, but not comparable, contract too. We won’t sign Lenglet either who is on too much.

I hope, in the Monchi and Unai era, we will finally stop handing expensive, long contracts to older players or those past their best that we then struggle to move on (because of that).

Or to crap players like Dendoncker.

High earners are fine but not when we have to pay wages and amortisation. It works when it's a free transfer like Tielemans or if we get Hermoso etc..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Jacob Ramsey wants to stay ".... That's sucks for him then... As everyone has decided he'll be sold for FFP...

( Yes I'm bitter and have made the same trope a million times )

It was more about the fact that we won’t have to pay much bigger bonuses and they were mostly already activated this season in ECL. Helps with our budget.

But yeah, JJ is going nowhere and I’m sick of repeating the same points in full and provide all the evidence and comments. Unai loves him and his value is the lowest it will be.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Our high earners should only be our key players and those that will contribute a lot and do that for a while, the foreseeable future.

Not bench players or ageing ones that won’t be able to keep up their levels…

Has to be a way to reduce players wages as they get older and slow down… or just move them on.

Its the stupid wages that we’ve handed some players that have burned us and made us struggle to offload them and incur losses rather than make profits.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

his job before was to accompany Grealish out on the piss  , it looks like he went to Luton to actually play football and did a decent job of it this season  

If , he's playing that deeper role and it thus means Luiz or McGinn don't have to , we get this seasons version of him and he's a free transfer on reasonable wages  , It could kind make sense 

or if money isn't an issue then I'm all for spunking £40m on someone for that position 

• Like 1

I think if Hermoso comes in. He is a replacement for both Digne & Carlos. Definately makes sense to try & move those on. They both have been very good this year but we need money & space.  They are in the latter stages of their careers, earning a hefty wedge but still have enough quality to get some suitors willing to pay for them. 

Players like Dendoncker & Chambers could be more challenging to move, as demand will be low. It is essential they are both moved on though as they are nowhere near good enough to be taking up any squad space next year. 

• Like 1

It's the relationship between the wages and the performances, that's the issue......and lengthy injury time out, is another issue. It challenges the effectiveness of the deal.

Value for money, is the benchmark of efficiency here.

Big wages, for average performances is not a good metric.

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

DIGNE- OUT
CARLOS- OUT
OLSEN- Release
CHAMBERS- Release

Lets start from there

Agree with 3 of those (unless we can get money for Chambers and Olsen!)
But I think Digne gets a bad rap on here.

His wages are reportedly high, but for 75% of the season he was outstanding.
He got little rest due to Moreno's injuries and form, and in the full back role Emery wants, I think by April he was exhausted but could not be rested.

Given his wages, he won't command a large fee (unless Saudi suddenly decide he's a marque player) - so financially, we might just be best to keep him and allow Monroe, Sousa and Chrisene another season of development, so that we never need to buy a replacement. 
Of course, Unai might get Hermoso, changes system and/or decide the 3 youngsters are ready!

• Like 3

Â