Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I think we can upgrade our squad without spending much,

Hermoso for free, Ugarte on loan (not sure if PSG will accept though). That would give us much space to move. 

Selling Duran would mean that we need to buy a new striker, that itself would be tough, not easy to get someone good and used to the system, well maybe Mateita. 😁

I think we have a good chance getting Summerville (if Leeds failed to win). Might not be that expensive. 

RB might be another issue, how much will Cash get us? With the new issues I doubt we can get more than 20m, but that might help in gettin mg a new player, while have Kosta back from loan. That would give a better balance. We’ll also have Konsa around who can rotate.

I’d sell Archer, Tim and Kesler as Unai don’t seem to rate them much, doubt they’ll get 15m-20m, but even that could help. Maybe Ipswich can get some of our players or even Leicester (but with their financial issues I’m sure). 

I’m not sure who might take Chambers, but maybe some promoted side does (even a loan with his wages can help as it’s his last season).

Not sure if we’ll be able to shift Coutinho, but if we did that would really help.

• Like 1

Still don't know which younger players we can expect to see coming through next season:

• Sinisalo, Zych, Marschall, Emery jnr - any one of them could mean we can shift on Olsen, and his wages, especially with Gauci signed.
  • Does Chrisene, Monroe or Sousa give us an option at LB, meaning we can shift one of Moreno or Digne?
  • We have potentially 4 very well regarded CBs  in Feeney, Swinkels (who has just signed a new contract), Bogarde, and Smith - can we shift Carlos and rely on these? (I am old enough to remember when Big Ron announced Ugo was now first choice during pre-season - when we have Teale and God in the squad!).
  • Kellyman, Louie Barry and Kadan Young had injuries this season, but can any of them, alongside Buendia's return mean we can save on bringing in CAM, or wingers?
  • Is Rory Wilson ready? Or Moore, or Patterson?

Most clubs seem to have their established first teamers, and have another bunch of U21s to bring in, and they actually play them. This was a big thing for Klopp a few months ago, but they ran out of steam.
Given our investment, I would expect some of them to be ready to play a part next season.

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Still not sure why were not in for Tosin from Fulham.

Rather have him than Chalobah and he would be free.

He's going to Newcastle isn't he? They're signing him and Lloyd Kelly on free transfers by sound of it.

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Still don't know which younger players we can expect to see coming through next season:

• Sinisalo, Zych, Marschall, Emery jnr - any one of them could mean we can shift on Olsen, and his wages, especially with Gauci signed.
  • Does Chrisene, Monroe or Sousa give us an option at LB, meaning we can shift one of Moreno or Digne?
  • We have potentially 4 very well regarded CBs  in Feeney, Swinkels (who has just signed a new contract), Bogarde, and Smith - can we shift Carlos and rely on these? (I am old enough to remember when Big Ron announced Ugo was now first choice during pre-season - when we have Teale and God in the squad!).
  • Kellyman, Louie Barry and Kadan Young had injuries this season, but can any of them, alongside Buendia's return mean we can save on bringing in CAM, or wingers?
  • Is Rory Wilson ready? Or Moore, or Patterson?

Most clubs seem to have their established first teamers, and have another bunch of U21s to bring in, and they actually play them. This was a big thing for Klopp a few months ago, but they ran out of steam.
Given our investment, I would expect some of them to be ready to play a part next season.

I could see Sinisalo or Zych possibly stepping up to 3rd choice keeper, if Olsen leaves or Gauci goes on loan. That would help us with our club trained quota for Europe.

Kellyman could be kept around as an extra option in wide/attacking midfield and number 10 positions until January, if Emery wants to keep working with him. Not in place of one of our seniors, in addition to.

None of the other players you mentioned are anywhere near ready to replace a senior player as a full squad member at the top end of the Premier League and Champions League. Some of them will make the bench while playing regularly for the U21s, some will go out on loan, some will be released.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Has anyone made the original and hilarious joke of - "Season is over and no players signed yet? EMERY OUT!" lololololol?

If this was Football Manager, after yesterday's performance I be right clicking and selecting the 'Release on a free' option to Chambers and Olsen.

Edited by Pongo Waring

Baena  & Frimpong for some proper money  .. 

Veiga  as the player who we take a gamble on and Jesus his career 

Hermoso ( Leglet replacement)  and Barkley ( Chambers replacement)  on a free 

and if there is any change down the back of the sofa tempt Doris the tea lady out of retirement  to be Olsen's replacement 

that just leaves a decent  backup striker , who just happens to be happy being a backup whilst able to score 20 goals a season ,   to find  :D 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If this was Football Manager, after yesterday's performance I be right clicking and selecting the 'Release on a free' option to Chambers and Olsen.

I'd have just rebooted my machine until we won the league...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Barkley played well this season, I’m assuming he’ll be cover for Douglas Luiz? 

Kamara as he's been playing CDM pretty well for Luton.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Barkley played well this season, I’m assuming he’ll be cover for Douglas Luiz? 

How good has he been defensively? Because defensive nous and steel is what we most need in midfield…

Not a big fan of his but happy for us to add depth in an area where we are light, as long as it’s a free transfer and low wages - not a player that deserves to be anywhere near our highest paid ones. Or anywhere near a guaranteed starter.

Maybe just a backup option to our higher priorities…

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Barkley: Hi Villa

Villa: Hi Ross, how's it going

Barkley: Good ta mate, you?

Villa: Great thanks.  Seeya

Was waiting for this 😆

Ironically his Fbref is comparable to McGinn, Douglas Luiz and Fofana (who we’ve been loosely linked with). I can’t post the screenshot of the rest of the players Fbref have compared him with this season.

If we are confident Barkley can keep his form from last season then he'd be a very good pickup as he was very good for Luton and was a very good all rounder in CM where we are light with Kamara injury. 

Â