Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I agree. His best season possibly of his career. On the whole he's been outstanding and definitely my unsung hero of the season. The amount of games he's had to play due to lack of options that side and his consistency. If he's willing to take a bit of a pay cut aid definitely offer him a new deal.

Na… he was highly rated when he was younger. Also, partly why we had to pay such a big fee and wages for him in the first place (was a good sale for Everton really, they probably got the best possible deal… also for Lucas, nice wage packet. CP and SG cocked up imo. Even more with the Coutinho and Dendoncker deals 🤦‍♂️). 

He had done well there and looked dangerous.

Played for Barca, PSG, Roma…

I respect and value his experience, but he’s not the player he was.

Fullbacks are asked to do more and the demands are higher these days…

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf I think that's not a good interpretation of what happened. Digne was in a stretch of bad form and was our only LB. So of course we signed a LB. 

I agree with @Jas10, Digne was halfway out the door. If transfer target Acuna hadn’t got injured I think we’d have signed him and Digne would have been sold. But credit to Digne, as he performed well this season, but I can see him moving on.

• Like 2

Just now, duke313 said:

I agree with @Jas10, Digne was halfway out the door. If transfer target Acuna hadn’t got injured I think we’d have signed him and Digne would have been sold. But credit to Digne, as he performed well this season, but I can see him moving on.

I would pick last season’s Moreno over Digne and I think Unai would too… Digne never displaced a fully fit and firing Moreno either - that’s the player Unai wanted. Although he was brought on and used more against different opposition, allowing us some flexibility… Unai likes to mix it up and change things according to who we are playing. JJ and Moreno… that partnership was massive for us but we were sadly deprived of it this season.

I respect Digne though and appreciate and admire how well he has done, especially at a time of such need, but we have to look to the future and can’t carry players on massive wages unless they are absolutely vital for us… 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

And we have no clue what any of the players are like so don't speculate. 

There are clues and if I want to speculate then that's my choice not yours. 

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How good was Barkley at Luton?  Lots of shouts for an England call up, but was that due to a run of form or due to a sustained quality throughout the season 

No idea if we are interested in him but he was really good this season. Playing much deeper than he did for us which would suggest he could comfortably cover in our more defensive midfield roles as well as be an option further forward. Don’t think he pushes for a place in the first team but I can see the logic as an option several levels above, say, Dendoncker.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder who’s available?

Basket case:

As opportunist as it is to get some quality players from Barca, I’d have say no to them all. 
the wages they’ve dished out too all their players is ridiculous. Even for most perfect fit player, the wages needed to sign them wouldn’t be worth it

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder who’s available?

Basket case:

Kounde would be nice!

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

As opportunist as it is to get some quality players from Barca, I’d have no to them all. 
the wages they’ve dished out too all their players is ridiculous. Even for most perfect fit player, the wages needed to sign them wouldn’t be worth it

Yeah I’d tend to agree… wonder if there’s a “steal” in there though… especially for younger players or potential stars…

No need for us to help them out though, only if it benefits us.

Just now, Xela said:

Kounde would be nice!

Regular starter… would he want to join us? Not sure who they’re willing to sell and who’d be interested… but who knows with their financial situation?

Another problem is that they’ve been so stupid with their finances and put players on big contracts/wages… who is going to pay them anything similar?

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I’d tend to agree… wonder if there’s a “steal” in there though… especially for younger players or potential stars…

No need for us to help them out though, only if it benefits us.

There could be a steel in there, surly not all their players are on €14324433 a week.

but yes, only steel players that benefit us

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

There could be a steel in there, surly not all their players are on €14324433 a week.

but yes, only steel players that benefit us

Raid La Masia 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yes here is the total cost of the expensive players we will look to move on.

Dendonker = £8m per year

Coutinho = £11.25m per year

Digne = £12m per year

Carlos = £12m per year

If we can move those on and only book a loss on their remaining book values of  ~8-9m that would be a massive effort by Monchi. That would save ~£35m in cost in next seasons accounts. I think Loans with Obligations to buy will be used instead of straight sales 

I’ve done the figures on this, it’s less than that.

• Sad 1

Yes here is the total cost of the expensive players we will look to move on.

Dendonker = £8m per year

Digne = £12m per year

Carlos = £12m per year

If we can move those on and only book a loss on their remaining book values of  ~8-9m that would be a massive effort by Monchi. That would save ~£35m in cost in next seasons accounts. I think Loans with Obligations to buy will be used instead of straight sales 

Thats massive savings and helps with the long term aspirations of the club

Posted (edited)

Dendonker = £8m per year

Digne = £12m per year

Carlos = £12m per year

Slightly off topic but what an absolute ******* Gerrard was.

We all knew the Grealish profit on the books would run out this summer. Genuinely his plan was to leave us in an FFP hole, mid table with a load of 32 year old unsellable assets- and about now he would be be announced as Liverpools new manager.

Edited by pas5898

1 hour ago, regular_john said:

Lenglet is on £150,000 per week?? Blimey!

Think it’s half his 300k a week Barca wage

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder who’s available?

Basket case:

I’ll have a look later but I doubt there would be many which wouldn’t be crazy wage/fee

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/18/aston-villa-interested-signing-chelsea-conor-gallagher/

Aston Villa interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher

Matt Law, FOOTBALL NEWS CORRESPONDENT

Aston Villa are among the clubs to have shown an interest in Conor Gallagher as he prepares for what could be his Chelsea farewell.

Gallagher is in line to captain Chelsea for the final game of the season against Bournemouth on Sunday, which may also be his last appearance for the club. There has been no progress between Chelsea and Gallagher over a new contract, which has left the door open for clubs to make offers for the midfielder when the transfer window reopens. Tottenham Hotspur have been at the front of the queue of clubs looking at Gallagher and retain a strong interest, with head coach Ange Postecoglou understood to be a big admirer.

But Telegraph Sport understands that Aston Villa, who have qualified for next season’s Champions League, have expressed an interest ahead of what will be an important summer for the club. There is understood to be a good relationship at board level between Chelsea and Villa, whose young striker Jhon Durán was a target of the London club in January. It is unclear whether Chelsea retain an interest in Durán, but it is highly unlikely they would consider any sort of swap deal for academy product Gallagher given his sale would count as 100 per cent profit in terms of profitability and sustainability rules.

Like Chelsea, Villa have to be wary of staying within PSR restrictions, which may well limit their summer budget. It could be that any firm move for Gallagher would be dependent on player sales. Chelsea have previously valued Gallagher at around £50 million and his excellent performances have not diminished his worth. But with one year remaining on his contract, Chelsea’s asking price may have to drop. Gallagher will be part of England’s squad for the European Championship and is not thought to be in a hurry to make a decision on his future.

While Chelsea will not want to risk him running down his contract, the 24-year-old has not ruled out staying at Stamford Bridge and is unlikely to be pushed into any move he is unsure about. Tottenham go into the final day of the season only three points ahead of Chelsea and having failed to qualify for the Champions League, which raises the issue of just how attractive a move across London might be at this particular time.

Villa and Spurs are not the only clubs to have registered an interest in Gallagher, who could start speaking to foreign clubs in January about a free transfer move next summer if he did remain at Chelsea. Gallagher has impressed Stamford Bridge chiefs with his attitude, both on and off the pitch, this season. But, despite his superb displays, there is an expectation he will face greater competition for his place next season.

• Like 1

Â