Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah most probably we’d sell for £100m but if we got offered £50m for JJ and £40m for Duran then I’d take those deals over the Luiz deal, that was the point of discussion to the original post.

Yeah fair enough each to their own brother. Don’t get me wrong I think Dougie is a great player and has moments of brilliance but tbh I think Rogers has a higher ceiling. There’s just something with Dougie that sometimes makes me cringe in the way he plays. He’s prone to being unaware and what’s around him, gives the ball away cheaply and I think JJ and Duran have so much more growth in them. 
but that’s just my opinion, watch him score ten worldies next season and win the Ballon’dor to really put a carton on eggs all over my face hahahha

Even Leeds fans don't rate Summerville that highly and talk about how he was easily nullified at Premier League level. Jonathan Rowe's all round game is much much better, and he has bigger potential, and I'm pretty sure we will see that played out

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

There's a lot of heavy lifting here about our wages and finances. Our transfer plans. The language is vague for a reason - it’s pure guesswork.

“Champions League football will help Villa but this will be a busy summer. Emery is expected to target a full-back, another central midfielder and a forward, with back-up striker Jhon Duran a possible candidate for the exit door. While there is little appetite at Villa to sell a key asset, Premier League spending rules must be obeyed, which means homegrown star Jacob Ramsey, valued at about £50million, could also depart.

With a high wage bill and not a great deal of wriggle room within profit and sustainability rules, it may be difficult for Villa to do expensive deals. More transfers like the initial £8m they paid Middlesbrough for Morgan Rogers would go down very well indeed – while the Champions League remains the best selling point in the game.”

”could also depart” as big deals “might be hard to come by”. Again, it’s vague language in case we do spend. What’s a big figure? Just because we spend low it doesn’t mean we won’t find deals. It’s as speculative as the Athletic was in Jan about selling JJ and Jhon. It doesn’t present any new information. It speculates. 

Yeah I agree I don't think there is any real reason to think we need to sell unless someone has detailed access to accounts and can explain why player amortisation increased 825% last season. 

Our losses were 120 mil last season and player wages increased by 60 mil and player amortisation increased by 82.5. Logically there is no way our wage bill increased by 60 mil off of a few signings digne excluded. So that was presumably European bonuses. I assume that the 80 mil was also European bonuses but this time for player signings? That would probably be the only logical reason?

In which 80 mil of the 120 mil was a one time cost, we increased our sales this year by 40 mil, increased our revenue by another 20 or so mil and have European prize money which is 10-15. Imo we should be fairly comfortably within regs for this season. And a bunch of amortisation will now be minimal with Konsa, Mings, Luiz, Watkins' contract extensions. 

Also premier league spending rules must be obeyed - I'd obey uefa ones, but premier league ones can do one. If its only 4 points for a breach, I'd rather just flaunt the psr stuff and sign better quality players and get a really strong squad. You can't tell me that we wouldn't have finished more than 4pts higher this season if we had like 3 more players available for the last 5 or so games. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Champions League will get us a minimum of 50 million from what I've seen... And this is also the rumoured " hole " so I don't see why we would NEED to do anymore than offload/sell fringe players and high earners to be able to wheel and deal.

We also need to take into consideration all the new sponsorships we have and will secure.

PLUS I'm sure our people are smart enough to know how to manoeuvre account. Savvy one year loan to buy deals etc.

Plus it feels like people are operating under the assumption that the hole is the amount of money we lsot last season. Surely those losses come from paying European wages without Europe (which would have been bonus payments - ofc we are paying them this season too but we got prize money and gate receipts to help offset this) and having to pay bonuses on transfer fees because of getting European football.

Idk seems to me like 80 mil of those losses isn't at all transferable to this season, and the rest of the losses is offset by the things we have done to increase revenue. 

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe not - but our wages:turnover ratio is shocking and if we want to develop our squad further, we absolutely have to sell some players.

That I agree. We've been fortunate with the Grealish sale, being able to sell AJ, Jaden and Cam for profit. We've shifted Morgan today. I am not rejecting the possibility that we might need to sell a big name to balance the books. I just question that it happens now. If the situation changes, I'll accept it. But for now, I'm confident that the club is making the right financial moves to be compliant with PSR.

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

utd apparently want watkins

I want Sydney Sweeney, and that's never gonna happen either.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, useless said:

No he's not, watch what happens

Summerville scored more which is rowes real strength.

Then summerville is a better playmaker, dribble, passer, better at receiving the ball, involved in play more. 

Rowe is over a year younger and is a better finisher, but summervilles all around game is so far ahead that comparing them is silly. 

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe not - but our wages:turnover ratio is shocking and if we want to develop our squad further, we absolutely have to sell some players.

Which was because of massive European bonuses. Without European football to offset their costs nor were we benefitting from sponsors who knew we were in Europe either. 

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I want Sydney Sweeney, and that's never gonna happen either.

5ft 3, she'd be terrible in the PL. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This makes him likelier to be transferred now or the contrary? Nice player, I'd much rather get him than Eze.

Don’t believe we’ll sell anyone important unless we receive big or crazy offers and the player is interested (which I would be surprised and disappointed by tbh)…

We can make money on decent or replaceable/upgradable players like Cash and Digne… Carlos… 

and have players that we need to offload anyway to free up space and wages… like Chambers, Dendoncker who have no future at the club. Olsen too.

More youngsters too… like Archer and Iroegbunam… Kesler…

Sanson’s gone… Coutinho is being linked with a move back to Brazil (mainly Vasco)…

Hause is one we will probably have to rehabilitate and move on for next to nothing for the sake of his career… a bit like we did with Wesley…

Lenglet and Zaniolo are gone.

With CL qualification and all the revenue stream we are creating and boosting (loads being done and worked on in the commercial side… deals with new and existing partners etc)… we must be in a really good place… we don’t need to sell anyone or raise funds… there is no crisis or problem to solve…

We have to step it up and increase both the depth and quality in the squad if we want to remain competitive in both the league and CL…. we will be shopping at a higher level now… it’s time to get serious!

UTV 🟣🔵

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

This makes him likelier to be transferred now or the contrary? Nice player, I'd much rather get him than Eze.

Dunno… just a player who’s regularly discussed on here…

I expect and would rather we identify talents and turn them into stars rather than pay big for more established or widely known or renowned players that will demand big fees and big wages… not to mention the competition and how that will raise those things..

Better to go abroad for players like we did with Pau and Diaby… and get them for good fees and lower wages… maybe target top talents whose contracts are running down to get more value…

PL and English tax is a thing too… can easily get ripped off…

Don’t think we can afford to spend massive fees on one or two players when we really need to boost the squad and avoid the sort of situation we had this season with all the injuries and suffering after suspensions and fatigue… quality depth and options are required.

But… whatever Unai wants is fine by me. There’s a reason we have Monchi and a big scouting network though…

Edited by Jas10

Â