Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The more I discover about Nedeljkovic, the more the more I think he'll be starting sooner rather than later, He seems to have it all except experience.

Not sure what you are discovering please pass on any info, I'm not having a pop but how many teams have an 18 year old playing in defense?

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

As good as Konsa is at RB when called upon he is a CB and a very good one at that, Torres LCB Konsa RCB is what makes sense as a starting CB pairing next season, Carlos will either be a squad player or moved on, Lenglet will not be here so will need replacing depending on how TM recovers. What happens at RB will be interesting same with LB if Digne goes. 

I wouldn't be surprised if both Digne and Cash are moved on if they have suitors.  Digne was close to leaving last summer but stayed because the deal for Acuna fell through, he'll have done his value no harm with his performances which have been great, but due to his salary he'll be sold.  Cash has been hit or miss this season; I think we can do better than him and will be sold if anyone is interested in him.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not sure what you are discovering please pass on any info, I'm not having a pop but how many teams have an 18 year old playing in defense?

Red Star play in a weak two horse league with only them and Partizan the only half decent teams, they can quite easily play a few youngsters against most teams without much of an impact performance wise. But Nedeljkovic has also played for them in the Champions League and will supposedly feature quite a bit for Serbia in the Euros this summer, so despite his age seems more than capable with first team football.   

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if both Digne and Cash are moved on if they have suitors.  Digne was close to leaving last summer but stayed because the deal for Acuna fell through, he'll have done his value no harm with his performances which have been great, but due to his salary he'll be sold.  Cash has been hit or miss this season; I think we can do better than him and will be sold if anyone is interested in him.

Which begs the question why get rid? Other that the wages argument which aren't as high as some like to speculate on here him and Moreno as LB choices is pretty damn good. (other than both being over 30 but does that really matter?)

Cash I can see the reasoning he's not pulled up trees this season.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Red Star play in a weak two horse league with only them and Partizan the only half decent teams, they can quite easily play a few youngsters against most teams without much of an impact performance wise. But Nedeljkovic has also played for them in the Champions League and will supposedly feature quite a bit for Serbia in the Euros this summer, so despite his age seems more than capable with first team football.   

But that is what happens when shit leagues get Champions League places and shit teams get to play in the Euros!?

Not saying he won't become a great player but lets put things into perspective a little.

Edited by zab6359

On 19/02/2024 at 08:57, paul514 said:

Maybe.

Here is a fun exercise for fellow posters to give grief over.

Assuming you have zero FFP spending room but the owners want to spend money….

Who would you sell to free up FFP room and who would you buy with that room?

I’ll do mine tomorrow, if some others do there’s, I already know a load of you are going to HATE mine.

Have you posted yours Paul?

54 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Which begs the question why get rid? Other that the wages argument which aren't as high as some like to speculate on here him and Moreno as LB choices is pretty damn good. (other than both being over 30 but does that really matter?)

Cash I can see the reasoning he's not pulled up trees this season.

He's on £120k per week, so whilst it's not quite the highest, it puts him in that bracket.  Add that to the amortised transfer fee and he's second only to Diaby.  Selling Digne for anything more than around £5m, not only gets a £12m annual cost off the books, but it then technically represents a profit on the P&L at this stage.

If we were to able to shift Digne, Carlos, Coutinho and Dendonker this summer, that's close to 25% of the annual squad cost saved (when viewed as wages + amortised fees).  

To put it into context, that would give us the room to sign 6 new players on free transfers, each on £140k a week and still have change.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

That's why I'm advocating keeping Torres there. The Mings L(C)B formation is the opposite of the Konsa R(C)B one, as in now we sometimes play:

Moreno - Torres - Carlos - Konsa

if we want to reverse that with the attacking impetus down the right instead of the left for tactical reason occasionally, then we could go (assuming Mings does get back to his old level):

Mings - Torres - Konsa - Kosta

But either way I assume the plan for this season and what we will hopefully see next season is this as our first choice back 4:

Moreno - Mings - Torres - Konsa

Which side Mings and Torres would actually play in that scenario, I'm not sure.

are you left handed, only reason I ask is the back 4 seems to be different from the usual way I see it quoted

Konsa - Calos - Torres - Moreno  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Not many, I know but some players are ready at 18. He's equally good going forward and in defence, tall, fast as ****, has a good range of passing and composed. It's pretty much every you'd wish for in a fullback and although the Serbian League maybe uncompetitive, he's come up against big players in the Champions League and looked at home.

I'm just saying this guy is much more promising than I initially thought - to be fair I knew little about him - and he may well be in the starting XI sooner than you think.

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Lille have Leny Yoro -18, Ajax have Jorrel Hato - 17, Rico Lewis Citeh - 18 … Plenty of other examples of players who were playing regular 1st team football at 18 for big clubs … It’s not the age it’s are you good enough … 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Not many, I know but some players are ready at 18. He's equally good going forward and in defence, tall, fast as ****, has a good range of passing and composed. It's pretty much every you'd wish for in a fullback and although the Serbian League maybe uncompetitive, he's come up against big players in the Champions League and looked at home.

I'm just saying this guy is much more promising than I initially thought - to be fair I knew little about him - and he may well be in the starting XI sooner than you think.

I think the Serbian lad will be loaned out or kept as maybe a 3rd choice initially, unless he really impresses in pre season

If the plan was to use him in the Prem next season I don’t think we’d have wasted the opportunity to bed him to the club for a half a season or to loan him to a higher level. That’s just a guess though, could be totally wrong. 

16 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I think the Serbian lad will be loaned out or kept as maybe a 3rd choice initially, unless he really impresses in pre season

If the plan was to use him in the Prem next season I don’t think we’d have wasted the opportunity to bed him to the club for a half a season or to loan him to a higher level. That’s just a guess though, could be totally wrong. 

He wouldn’t have been able to play for us this season, he’s already played for two clubs. He’ll be assessed in the summer, and if deemed not ready he’ll be loaned out. Remember, Unai played 18 year  old Yeremy Pino in the EL final, if you’re good enough your old enough.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

All these little things add up. Freiburg coming from 2-0 down the be 2-2 with Lens.

Lazio winning, Arsenal losing etc.. you know it in your gut when the tide means PL won't get the 5th CL spot

I mean Lazio eliminating Bayern would be tremendous help. Italian teams look extremely strong, it's gonna be close 2nd between Germans and us. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah and Freiburg winning and Frankfurt winning later today is closer to nail in coffin for us

Wrong thread, I thought you’d written off our season anyway? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Have you posted yours Paul?

I haven't I said I would and post a full FFP explanation, I got two reacts both laughing 🫥 so I didn't bother. I am bored so I will type it out now 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

So he's tearing his ACL at the Euros.

Confirmed.

29 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Jeremie Frimpong, 23 - Right back (YES HE IS ONE), Leverkusen, 38m (Release Clause)

Straight in for first choice, the guy is excellent at going forward and at least as good as Cash defensively, he can play right back, right wing back or even in midfield. I expect this would be a hard signing for us to make.

He's not played full back for several seasons. RM in a 343 is not full back. His defensive numbers compared to Cash and other FBs are poor. 

Tackles and Interceptions bottom 3% of FBs Cash 87% and 41%

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's not played full back for several seasons. RM in a 343 is not full back. His defensive numbers compared to Cash and other FBs are poor. 

Tackles and Interceptions bottom 3% of FBs Cash 87% and 41%

Why would you expect his defensive data to be the same as Cash when he isn't playing the same role? Regardless, I have watched him for years, he is a right back

Â