Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, burchy said:

I quite like the look of Hugo Larsson at Frankfurt for the DM role. Young but already played 19 senior games for them this season. 

Frankfurt are apparently quoting 70 million for him

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, burchy said:

Stupid question but do loan fees go against FFP?

Yes. I’ll do a post later on of my summer suggestions but I’ll do some sort of FFP figures with it when I have time to explain it. Maybe that will make it clear to posters who don’t understand 

• Haha 2

I think we've already signed our new RB and LB with Cash and Digne to be sold. The starting backline, as intended this year after phasing Pau in more slowly than he had to be, will be Moreno - Mings - Torres - Konsa. Lino will be sub or Mings can switch to LCB with Kosta the attacking full back in place of Konsa.

We should probably replace Carlos with a younger right-footed CB option, but otherwise we're done assuming everyone is fit at the same time ever.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

the stadium was part of Everton's FFP issues.

The opposite actually. If they’d taken on debt around the stadium, they’d have been fine as it wouldn’t have counted towards FFP (or the PL equivalent at least). The owner instead decided to fund the stadium directly, and take the debt to support day-to-day operations - meaning it did count. Absolute financial incompetence.

36 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I think we've already signed our new RB and LB with Cash and Digne to be sold. The starting backline, as intended this year after phasing Pau in more slowly than he had to be, will be Moreno - Mings - Torres - Konsa. Lino will be sub or Mings can switch to LCB with Kosta the attacking full back in place of Konsa.

We should probably replace Carlos with a younger right-footed CB option, but otherwise we're done assuming everyone is fit at the same time ever.

Think I’m missing something obvious here but who’s the backup/rotation LB if we sell Digne and don’t sign anyone?

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

The opposite actually. If they’d taken on debt around the stadium, they’d have been fine as it wouldn’t have counted towards FFP (or the PL equivalent at least). The owner instead decided to fund the stadium directly, and take the debt to support day-to-day operations - meaning it did count. Absolute financial incompetence.

oh right, fair enough, thanks.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why would our revenue catch up quicker?  I think it would likely be further away as they mostly have bigger global fan base and thus attract bigger commercial contracts, so likely we’d be even further away.

I agree on the first line.  I don’t on the second line.  I don’t think the answer is looser financial restrictions but the rules need to change.  

Losing restrictions will aid the bigger teams more, what we need are restrictions that don’t let the big clubs wash the competition out but does let the smaller clubs to invest if the capital is there in the background that is secured and doesn’t potentially put in the club at risk long term.

Don't agree, I think we could grow quicker with more investment and this would lead to bigger revenues. But it would also lead clubs with bad owners to have more chance of getting into huge debts and administration.

Yes, changing the rules is better than laxer financial restrictions for the reasons above but getting clubs to agree to them is another thing.

Edited by Leeroy

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

cant Hermoso also play that defensive left back role? (ie: left back in back 4, coming inside to form part of the back 3 when we attack?)

Yes he can if Unai wants to mix up attacking via the left back or right back but he plays centre back a lot more. On a free he's not a bad option at all but not exactly what we need IMO.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Think I’m missing something obvious here but who’s the backup/rotation LB if we sell Digne and don’t sign anyone?

The one we buy in the summer.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

City are doing well because of Pep.

Chelsea have spent billions and are average

Man Utd have spent billions and are average

Liverpool doing well because of Klopp

Arsenal doing well at the moment is it sustainable.

Spurs a bit like us.

Newcastle a bit like us

Brighton punching above their weight

I would back Unai to mold us into champions if allowed it would not take billions.  He just needs to able to keep his best players and add one or two.

Money only gets you so far its the infrastructure and team behind the scenes that propels clubs forward.

The fact its not a level playing field needs to be looked at.  It never will be with oil states but clubs should be able to grow somehow.  Current rules protect those clubs that benefitted prior to the rules coming in.

Pep isn't dominating without his 10 £50m defenders to be fair. Money only gets you so far, yes...but in the right hands it's pretty damn far.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pep isn't dominating without his 10 £50m defenders to be fair. Money only gets you so far, yes...but in the right hands it's pretty damn far.

But he is the one that keeps them all happy once he goes let's see what happens!

Â