Match Thread: FAC4: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Just now, Leeroy said:

Yes but it goes on for weeks and weeks and weeks. Why he'll never be a top striker sadly. Top strikers might have 1,2, maybe even 3 off days in a row but not 7-8 games of no shows like Watkins.

So we have a question to answer. It has been said numerous times on here that the team have generally been poor in the last 7-8 games, is that because Watkins has been shit or has Watkins been shit because the team have been below par ?

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You do know we don’t get any points from cup matches?

Oh for god sake why didn’t anybody say this earlier!

no, but It’s against prem opposition with what is likely to be our starting 11 for most matches. It’s a pretty good indicator of form along with the other matches since Christmas. 

Edited by Tayls

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

I think digne is missed quite a bit, he was crucial during our best run of games this season, his defense is greatly underrated as well as his distribution 

Has been our second best player this season. Underrated.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He needs to do more to recieve the ball, shout, get into space, look interested maybe, remember he's a striker.

He's told not to do that. He's told to stay central and await his chance. Blame Emery for that if you like. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The ability is there, in spades… but performances have dropped off… I expected better after the break we’ve had…

Unai will sort it but… we need to liven up quick…

Weirdly, the players look kind of tired… a real lack of sharpness and concentration…

Yeah I think I more meant a lack of composure and good decision making from the likes of Cash at times.

Probably chose the wrong phase.

In fairness Chelsea have been pressing us very hard so have a part to play in this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN