Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some would rather +£50m and £150k for Morgan Gibbs White

If we could get Morgan white for that it would be a great signing. He'll be off to a top team this summer for big money. He's a very good player. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If we could get Morgan white for that it would be a great signing. He'll be off to a top team this summer for big money. He's a very good player. 

If he came to us he’d be at a top team already before the summer. 

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I hope one of our "top team" rivals spunk £50m+ on him this summer 

That kind of thing is why £300m teams compete with £1bn+ teams in the PL 

Why scout and take risks on players with potentially lower floors and higher ceilings when you can over pay for someone on your doorstep that you know exactly what he is, it's the PL way 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And not on huge money at Forest apparently. Matty Cash would put a good word in for us as a former Forest player who’s made the move across the midlands. Sounds like a doable proposition to me, I’m sure Monchi and Unai will have cast their expert eyes in his direction so let’s see what happens. 

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Okay Carragher, I actually thought we were in the top 4.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Are we branching out into PPE contacts as well now?! 

I hope you’re not suggesting that Big Emi has to tell his little pal that the deal i off now? Rather you than me!!!

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Indeed he would, but I don't think we will be able to spend so much on one player this summer. We need four or five in to compete in the CL. 

I imagine we’ll double his wages, and give him about £2m per year, and if it’s about £8m fee, that would work out to about £3.5m per year in FFP terms (if his contract is until June 2029). When you consider that Traore is costing us £8.5m per year, it’ll be a smart move. Bringing in cheaper squad options (especially if they have scope to improve) is essential to make up for our shortfall in turnover compared to the Sky 6. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Man City and Liverpool have games in hand, our GD is 16, we are 4th as it stands.

But still joint second based on points.  The other components matter at the end of season if we are on the same points. 😜

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jayEm said:

I trust him but it's very interesting that Emery would be focusing our limited resources on this player.

Interesting but unsurprising this is classic Unai Emery & Monchi

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But still joint second based on points.  The other components matter at the end of season if we are on the same points. 😜

And Liverpool still have to come to Villa Park for their thumping like City and Arsenal did. A trip to the Emptyad to remind Jack what a big club looks like and we’re sailing in calm waters. 🤩

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

Well if what I am reading is right then I don’t want anyone who is an Albion fan and developed by that animal Paul Tait anywhere near a Villa shirt!!!

Picking professional footballers on who they supported when they were 12 isn't the way to go.

Â