Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We're a top three Premier League team consisting of Watkins, Konsa, Mings and Cash. 

(All Championship players, FYI).

But we wasn't puching top 4 then, we were lower to middle table at best??

When your up the top, yes sign young players and players like Rodgers, but you also need proven quality. Anyway, the only reason we are looking to sign Rodgers is because of FFP you would think. If we could spend I'm sure we would be looking a bit higher profile. We ain't gonna kick on signing players for 5 million.

All those young players @villa4europe has mentioned that City have signed, are for the future, not the now, so that's irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When your up the top, yes sign young players and players like Rodgers, but you also need proven quality. Anyway, the only reason we are looking to sign Rodgers is because of FFP you would think. If we could spend I'm sure we would be looking a bit higher profile. We ain't gonna kick on signing players for 5 million.

All those young players @villa4europe has mentioned that City have signed, are for the future, not the now, so that's irrelevant.

Proven like Torres, Diaby and Tielemens? 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Nope, we're now punching for the league title with Championship players. 

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Proven like Torres, Diaby and Tielemens? 

If your happy to push for top 4 with bargain basement buys that's fine. 

Diaby, Tielemans and Torres I would think are better and more proven than Rodgers, but I guess we will see.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They're not for the future 

They're gambles that based on what city have done for the last 10+ years 95% don't pay off but they can shift them and somehow make them profitable 

Including our own Douglas Luiz... 

If we buy Rogers for let's say £5m + a load of performance related bonuses and additional fees, he doesn't make the grade and is shipped out on loan within 2 years and sold within 3 years, as long as we recover the £8m or do some fancy FFP trick then who cares, City and Chelsea are doing that with 20 odd players at any one time, all of it fairly quietly so no one says anything about it

The point was that where he comes from doesn't matter, man city, the best team in the world right now, are signing players from FK Cukariki... 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They're not for the future 

They're gambles that based on what city have done for the last 10+ years 95% don't pay off but they can shift them and somehow make them profitable 

Including our own Douglas Luiz... 

If we buy Rogers for let's say £5m + a load of performance related bonuses and additional fees, he doesn't make the grade and is shipped out on loan within 2 years and sold within 3 years, as long as we recover the £8m or do some fancy FFP trick then who cares, City and Chelsea are doing that with 20 odd players at any one time, all of it fairly quietly so no one says anything about it

The point was that where he comes from doesn't matter, man city, the best team in the world right now, are signing players from FK Cukariki... 

That's fine, but we need players who can slot in now, replacements, I doubt this guy is gonna be the missing link.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Diaby, Tielemans and Torres I would think are better and more proven than Rodgers, but I guess we will see.

You love a whinge 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Oh, you want signings akin to Torres, Tielemens and Diaby every transfer window?

How do you propose we do this within FFP guidelines?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Oh, you want signings akin to Torres, Tielemens and Diaby every transfer window?

How do you propose we do this within FFP guidelines?

Iv'e already said this signing is probably related to FFP. I'm hoping so anyway.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Iv'e already said this signing is probably related to FFP. I'm hoping so anyway.

So you want proven signings but understand that's not possible every transfer window?

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

So you want proven signings but understand that's not possible every transfer window?

It's getting all out of hand this.

My original post was I am underwhelmed by this signing, but understand if it's FFP related.  But there is no doubt, I would rather be signing players that have more chance of pushing us on, so makes this signing a bit meh!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm whinging because I have higher expectations and a different opinion??

Yes. You're not here to talk about Rogers. You've hijacked the thread to whinge about a player we haven't signed yet using completely unrealistic targets in comparison

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Yes. You're not here to talk about Rogers. You've hijacked the thread to whinge about a player we haven't signed yet using completely unrealistic targets in comparison

Iv'e not hijacked the htread at all, just think Rodgers (the thread title) if signed, would be a bit under whelming.

Is it a case again that I have to agree with the narrative he might turn out to be good?

Â