Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Bruno has about 18 yellows and he could easily have 10 more this season. 

On 9 yellows now in the league which is a bit annoying as if he missed our game that would mean their opening day midfield that completely overran us would be missing for the VP match and we'd walk all over the kids they'd have in that position.

He does gamble a bit with challenges when on a yellow so hopefully he picks up a second one late on.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

On 9 yellows now in the league which is a bit annoying as if he missed our game that would mean their opening day midfield that completely overran us would be missing for the VP match and we'd walk all over the kids they'd have in that position.

He does gamble a bit with challenges when on a yellow so hopefully he picks up a second one late on.

I’m sure we’ll be pumped up for revenge after that defeat whoever they have playing

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Or he'll get away with about another 5 fouls before being subbed in the 87th minute

Like most weeks

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Do cards in the cup count? 🤔

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That Grimsby / Notts County game sounds like it would have been entertaining 😁

Opening goal scored by Danny Rose (no, not that one)

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

Opening goal scored by Danny Rose (no, not that one)

Imagine the mental meltdown had it had been him!?

I know, bad taste, especially as I have issues myself (9 weeks off work with anxiety and on medicatio). Which is why I use dark humour to cope. So eff off lambasting me.

How Burn avoided a yellow but Silva was given one is a bit odd. 

Might be that Doku can't play on the right but him running at Burn feels like it would have worked for City.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

How Burn avoided a yellow but Silva was given one is a bit odd. 

Might be that Doku can't play on the right but him running at Burn feels like it would have worked for City.

Probably scared of pissing off the home fans, although Newcastle do tend to get away with murder…

The amount of technology in the game now is shining a glaring spot light on the issue of refereeing (human) consistency and bias. It has a huge impact on far too many games. 

Edited by penguin

Â