General football related musings

Xela

• 1 month later...

Do fans not cry when their teams get relegated anymore.

Every Sky doc from 90s and early 2000s features a team getting relegated with world class players, a muppet in charge and fans bawling their eyes.

Those were the days.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Do fans not cry when their teams get relegated anymore.

Every Sky doc from 90s and early 2000s features a team getting relegated with world class players, a muppet in charge and fans bawling their eyes.

Those were the days.

To be fair it was hard to cry when we got relegated, we'd stopped playing since about November

This year most fans down their must feel resigned to their fate, there's the shock and jubilation when they stay up but going down is something that's more readily accepted 

Everton would be different 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Watching last night. Why dont players run back to where the away fans are to celebrate with them

If they all run back into their own half to celebrate, then the other team can technically kick off straight away while we are still celebrating.

I remember the noses trying to do it once when we were celebrating, and fortunately one player (can’t remember who) had the presence of mind to stay in the opposition half. 

On 01/02/2024 at 21:38, Marka Ragnos said:

Let it be said once and forever: Good parents do not clothe their little ones in Chelsea kit. 

My mate brought both of my boys Villa top for their first birthdays They still have the pictures in their rooms. Most teenagers get embarrassed when they see themselves as 👶 but my boys are proud as it shows the lineage of their Villa support, Villa from birth

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

If they all run back into their own half to celebrate, then the other team can technically kick off straight away while we are still celebrating.

I remember the noses trying to do it once when we were celebrating, and fortunately one player (can’t remember who) had the presence of mind to stay in the opposition half. 

I remember that! Think it was Glenn Whelan, wasn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was going to say the Scottish Cafu but think you are right and it was maybe his goal when he ran from Perry Barr 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am sure it was Jedinak and the ref told him about the rule

• Like 1

Why do footballers constantly touch their face and heads and look at their hands, often multiple times after any kind of little contact to check for blood? Even when there has been bare minimal contact.

What exactly are they expecting?

You're not bleeding mate. It takes an obscene amount of force to blunt force break the skin.

Â