Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Who is the only player to play for 8 Premiership teams?

Marcus Bent. Palace, Blackburn, Ipswich, Leicester, Everton, Charlton, Wigan & Wolves.

Wouldn't it be more like because there's no gravity, everything is upside down? (or more similar to what upside down is?)

i.e. you don't have any gravity pushing ink down the pen

And no, because on Earth if you try to write upside down you have gravity pulling the ink away from the tip of the pen.

Marcus Bent. Palace, Blackburn, Ipswich, Leicester, Everton, Charlton, Wigan & Wolves.

Wouldn't it be more like because there's no gravity, everything is upside down? (or more similar to what upside down is?)

And no, because on Earth if you try to write upside down you have gravity pulling the ink away from the tip of the pen.

But in near-zero-g, the ink simply won't go anywhere (object at rest stays at rest etc.).

True.

But the point is, you need gravity for the pen to work, to push ink down the pen.

With gravity going against it, or jsut an absence of gravity, the pen won't work, in theory.

So I'd say in this situation, no gravity is more like being permanently upside down than right way up.

That's a bizarre last sentence

True.

But the point is, you need gravity for the pen to work, to push ink down the pen.

With gravity going against it, or jsut an absence of gravity, the pen won't work, in theory.

So I'd say in this situation, no gravity is more like being permanently upside down than right way up.

That's a bizarre last sentence

The pen will work upside down with no gravity to an extent.

You don't need gravity to pull the ink down, as long as the ink starts next to the ball friction will do all the work. As the ball rotates as you write the ink sticks to the ball, and gets pulled down as a result of the cohesion of the ink.

With gravity though the friction alone isn't enough to overcome gravity, so a pen will work upside down in space far better than it works upside down on earth.

Every British tank and almost every other British armoured vehicle since 1945 has been built fitted with the facility to make a cup of tea. :)

It's main function is to heat those ration packs they carry, but I suppose making a cup of tea is a nice side effect!

• 3 weeks later...
Â