Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Depending on local state laws, they may not have had such things. When I was in Maryland in the early 90s you couldn't buy booze in supermarkets, you had to go to 'liquor stores'. 

Tbh I've only been to the USA once and I don't think I ever set foot inside a Supermarket or a Liquor Store

There's a small part of Antarctica that's closer to Norway's Northernmost point than to its Southernmost point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

There's a small part of Antarctica that's closer to Norway's Northernmost point than to its Southernmost point.

Still trying to visualise that one... 

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nope.

It's going to be something to do with Norwegian territories outside of Norway I'd guess.

Edit - nope! Trying to be too clever. Interesting.

Edited by Chindie

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wish I still had that globe I used to have when I was a kid. 

That's outdated you need one of those new flat ones that everyone is talking about again

17 hours ago, phily85 said:

That's outdated you need one of those new flat ones that everyone is talking about again

In all seriousness, Flat Earth is absolutely fascinating.

Absolute bat shit mental bullshit, of course. But still fascinating. I could watch YouTube videos of flat earthers being debunked for hours and hours

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In all seriousness, Flat Earth is absolutely fascinating.

Absolute bat shit mental bullshit, of course. But still fascinating. I could watch YouTube videos of flat earthers being debunked for hours and hours

I've been watching one on netflix that's what prompted the post.

Like you say fascinating. I've not watched it all yet but they have been doing experiments to test there theory and up to now 2 of them have failed so they they are trying again 😂

5 minutes ago, phily85 said:

I've been watching one on netflix that's what prompted the post.

Like you say fascinating. I've not watched it all yet but they have been doing experiments to test there theory and up to now 2 of them have failed so they they are trying again 😂

Is it "Behind the Curve" by any chance?

Very famous amongst the flat earth debunking community, mainly because as you say they do their own experiments to prove flat earth, and end up proving the globe instead :D 

If you're interested there's a YouTube channel called "SciManDan" and most of his videos are debunking flat earth. Just search SciManDan Flat Earth Fridays and there are loads and loads of videos of him debunking this shite.

He's kind of a dick, and not that great at presenting YouTube videos. But I can't stop watching

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is it "Behind the Curve" by any chance?

Very famous amongst the flat earth debunking community, mainly because as you say they do their own experiments to prove flat earth, and end up proving the globe instead :D 

If you're interested there's a YouTube channel called "SciManDan" and most of his videos are debunking flat earth. Just search SciManDan Flat Earth Fridays and there are loads and loads of videos of him debunking this shite.

He's kind of a dick, and not that great at presenting YouTube videos. But I can't stop watching

Yeah that's the one! I couldnt remember the name.

Thanks I'll have a look at that, always enjoy watching theories can debunked and then the goalposts being moved 

(Reminds me of a few threads on here)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I still can't believe that 99%+ of flat earthers aren't just trolling. 

I'm sure it's just a grift for a lot of them. I'm sure they started off believing it, but they know they make money off the nonsense.

It's just so easily debunked that it's impossible for them all to believe it

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I still can't believe that 99%+ of flat earthers aren't just trolling. 

WHAT,you mean that you believe the earth is not flat,hahahahaha.If thats true then what really happened to the Marie Celest,Titanic and all sorts of other stuff that just goes missing ?

Â