Jareth

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's no doubt tired legs will catch up with us. If they do, let's stay calm.

If we can just go for one more day...

That’s why our bench is stacked. Start the same team and bring on Moreno, cash, Ramsey and Duran to see the game out 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There's no doubt tired legs will catch up with us. If they do, let's stay calm.

If we can just go for one more day...

Unlike MON, Emery is actually very good at rotating his squad

• Like 1

We won't win the league but I would love to see us go top one time at least. We will have to win today to have any chance of that happening anytime soon though. 

We are a Watkins or Martinez injury away from being very vunerable indeed and we also need a new right back. 

Monchi will do his work, but we wont be getting ALL thats required in January. We will have to wait til the summer to see what he's really capable of. 

Top 4 race 100%. Title? We arent ready yet, but it's incredible to even be having such discussions.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We won't win the league but I would love to see us go top one time at least. We will have to win today to have any chance of that happening anytime soon though. 

We are a Watkins or Martinez injury away from being very vunerable indeed and we also need a new right back. 

Monchi will do his work, but we wont be getting ALL thats required in January. We will have to wait til the summer to see what he's really capable of. 

Top 4 race 100%. Title? We arent ready yet, but it's incredible to even be having such discussions.

Every team in the league is an x player and x player injury away blah blah blah. The 442 video about how we beat Man City highlighted our box midfield destroyed Man City box midfield because we had 4 midfielders vs 2 CBs a right back and an attacking forward as their box 4. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Every team in the league is an x player and x player injury away blah blah blah. The 442 video about how we beat Man City highlighted our box midfield destroyed Man City box midfield because we had 4 midfielders vs 2 CBs a right back and an attacking forward as their box 4. 

Not really, I think when Man City have Rodri, Doku, KDB, Grealish et al available they will walk the league. Especially KDB and Rodri as they are such quality players. Yes we have Mings and Buendia out too, but their squad, their treble winning squad, is a fair bit better than ours.

Their cheating has allowed them to be so stacked in most positions and expect them to win it by 10 points.

No reason we cant stay in the race for a while though. And as I say, top 4 is a real possibility. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

Another really exciting thing about our team, and well first 16 to 18 players if we include subs, is that it's actually quite young.

But not inexperienced young, more collectively approaching their peak years. 

You could have that team and subs that played against man city play the same game in 2 years time, and the output would be pretty similar.

It's good knowing that we will be improving on players with transfers rather than replacing, and receiving fees in too.

The owners have worked to put us in a fantastic position over the last few years. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not really, I think when Man City have Rodri, Doku, KDB, Grealish et al available they will walk the league

Quote me end of season. City aren't winning the league. They haven't replaced Gungogan and their backline is trash. Ederson kept the score down against us

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Their cheating has allowed them to be so stacked in most positions and expect them to win it by 10 points

Stacked in so many positions but couldn't play 1 midfielder in midfield against us. Kalvin Phillips another trash buy

I'm not going to write City off, but more teams are at the races this season. Last season it was really only Arsenal and they arrived a bit ahead of schedule.

It's a different Arsenal this season, Liverpool have regrouped and then there's the raging underdogs riding the crest of confidence.

Now City might win the next 10 in a row but at this moment I think they're more likely to drop another 12 points over the next 10 matches and slip a little bit further off the pace.

Yes they are a bunch over funded cheats, but money doesn't guarantee success. 

• Like 1

IF we beat Arsenal, then we are slap bang in the middle of the title race IMO. 

I by no means expect to be saying that come March/April, I'd like to think we will be top 4/5 by then but how many times did people say about Leicester City the year they won, I know myself every weekend I'd think 'surely they can't keep this up' but they did. 

Keep getting results like we are and you can't ignore us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

If Unai can find the recipe away from home we absolutely can win the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If Unai can find the recipe away from home we absolutely can win the league.

Yep. IF that happens I'll agree. We arent bad away, just not good "enough" in my opinion.  I do think we can be good enough for a CL place, but when the games come thick and fast in March and April, the likes of Man City will just be too strong squad wise. 

I also think Arsenal and Liverpool will finish above us. But after that, we have a good chance of 4th.