Change Two Football Rules

Marka Ragnos

I'd like how players speak to the ref to be handled basically just like Rugby. Only the captain and they address him with respect or they get yellows.

But my 2 rules changes would be:

1. Scrap all the silliness about whether a player is "in play" or not. If you're within 30m of the ball, you're offside.

2. Penalties should be like those MLS penalties from the 90s where you start 35 yards out and have 5 seconds to shoot, but you can dribble first.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 16:54, VillaJ100 said:

Its not infalliable but mostly would make for some great seasons haha

It's literally completely unworkable: the main impact would be to make it so every team, as soon as they realise they can't win the league, would be incentivised to lose every game for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Tye one thing i would like to see is some punnishment for players who fake head injuries just to stop the game or stop the opposition from scoring. It must be easy to work out who is faking and who isn't. 

How is it?

• 3 weeks later...

The rule change I wanted to post, but couldn't remember when this thread was started has just popped into my head (slow work day), and it doesn't look as though anyone else has suggested it so I'll revive the thread.

A penalty kick should be just that - one direct shot on goal from the penalty spot. If the keeper saves it, the ball is automatically out of play and the game restarts with a goal kick. The odds are already massively stacked against the keeper and IMO its unfair that a keeper can save a penalty and then concede if the ball rebounds to an attacking player

• Like 1

Â