Ticket Info

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Keeps showing as "available soon" when I look at buying a ticket - the game is 4 days away lads 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you logged in? It did that with me. It was showing Brighton game as buy now but this game available soon . 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Yep, logged in. I can buy a ticket for the U21s game against Hull though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Strange 

it’s like I had to log in whilst already logged in if you know what i mean.  Other games were showing up as buy but that game wasn’t so I clicked on log in and put my details in then game came up .

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There are still over 8k tickets available for this. I thought given the reasonable pricing, and the 3 match package, that this would at least get close to selling out but it will get nowhere near.

Disappointing. Our first 'proper' European game at Villa Park since 2010 and we aren't close to selling out. And yet we got 39,000 v Hibs in the qualifying round.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Disappointing. Our first 'proper' European game at Villa Park since 2010 and we aren't close to selling out. And yet we got 39,000 v Hibs in the qualifying round.

I think it might be a mixture of:

a) Hibs are a team people are aware of. A lot of people won't have even heard of the team we're playing.

b) Lots of home games in a row recently - people can only afford so much.

c) If you're going to miss one of the European matches (time/money) this would probably be the one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

a) Hibs are a team people are aware of. A lot of people won't have even heard of the team we're playing.

c) If you're going to miss one of the European matches (time/money) this would probably be the one.

I don't think we have had a 40,000 plus crowd for a home European match since we lost to Juventus in the 1983 European Cup quarter final.

We need a big crowd on Thursday and I think the ticket prices are reasonable. It is almost a must-win game already.

• Like 1

Don’t look like I can make this now. It’s just come to my attention that  the wife is out Thursday day/night with her work colleagues and it’s been planned for months. Babysitter looking unlikely as it’s a school night and a big ask. Will give it a couple of days but looks like I’ll be sending tickets back. 

12 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I agree with this - we are playing a nothing club, although Zrinjski Mostar came from 3 down against AZ to win 4-3.

I’m interested to see what fans they bring, maybe UK based one’s probably. And if they do get fans that fly from Bosnia, it wouldn’t surprise me if they make a 2 or 3 day city break in Birmingham.

For myself, I’m looking forward to this as this is my first ever time watching us in a Europe competition. However, I am disappointed about how our tickets are selling for this, so I would expect at least 35k or less I’m afraid.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 21:14, Brumstopdogs said:

I think that’s probably about right. It’ll be the third home game in 8 days. And a lot of games in general, by the international break it will have been 7 in 22 days. Fatigue isn’t the right word, but I think the thick and fast nature of this season’s schedule is a step up.

Also I think a lot of people treated Hibs as the first game back in Europe. If we hadn’t played that game, then more are going to this.

On a personal level I’m a bit annoyed as normally I would be available on a Thursday and I’d be well up for going but of course THIS Thursday is the exception to my usual availability.

• Like 1

So 8k tickets left yet the club are insisting on having a booking history to buy one.

May help explain why you would think. Just put them on general sale you idiots, it's almost like they don't want to make money.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

59 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just put them on general sale you idiots, it's almost like they don't want to make money.

Can't see it making much difference to be honest, if someone has never bought a ticket in the last 40 odd years of client reference inception then I doubt they would want there first one on a Thursday night against a team from Moldova. 

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So 8k tickets left yet the club are insisting on having a booking history to buy one.

May help explain why you would think. Just put them on general sale you idiots, it's almost like they don't want to make money.

I'm not sure they have any choice. UEFA ticketing rules probably require this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really? Didn't know that!

I don;t either which was I used words like "probably" :mrgreen:

Reading the articles doesn't even point to why we had the rules around away ticket collections for Hibs. They probably make it up as they go, but if there is a single rule, it's got to allow for matches in the later stages and you wouldn't want away fans in home areas for those.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybw so away fans dont wnd up in home end

On 01/10/2023 at 23:36, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think we have had a 40,000 plus crowd for a home European match since we lost to Juventus in the 1983 European Cup quarter final.

We need a big crowd on Thursday and I think the ticket prices are reasonable. It is almost a must-win game already.

I think we did we had a big crowd vs ajax if im not mistaken

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just seems odd that apparently we have a 31k season ticket waiting list, yet we can't sell this out. Seems to be that not everyone who may want a ticket hasn't been given access yet.

Ive never believed there is waiting list of that many tbh hank

• Like 1

Â