January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

We wouldn't be signing Eze or Olise as they were when they were in the Championship, they're both now proven Premier League players, and if eiher were to leave Palace they would likely have many top clubs wanting to sign them.

That's why I don't really get Philogene as an alternative, if we wanted to sign say Eze but then found we couldn't, we wouldn't go from him to Philogene, as the point of signing Eze would be to come into our first team, so if we couldn't get him we would go for a player on a similar level, which Philogene isn't yet, if we were to bring Philogene back it would be more as a back-up player.

Eze would actually be a signing that would make a lot of sense, would be the closest we've had to Grealish since he left, can play on either wing, or centrally as No.10, second striker, or as a third midfielder, would be pretty much ideal, but given he only signed a new contract with Palace a month or so back I doubt he will be leaving them in January, and if he was to do so would have a lot of clubs interested.

I wish we will sign Nico WIlliams

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but JPB was with us only four months ago, he’s now not magically ready.  Let him continue to develop in the Championship for longer.

We wanted to keep him, he wanted first team football. I think that shows he was pretty close to being ready. He may not be ready to start week in week out but getting 1500 minutes across all comps seems doable at least for next year. 

Sidenote we don't even know when we can trigger the buyback so Jan seems out of the question. Plus a winger isn't where we need to be spending unless zaniolo goes back to gala. 

Don't think anyone's posted but seems to be a RB/RM/CM type. Personally I'd prefer someone like Geertruida or Boey but that might be a bit beyond our price range in Jan as they'd probably cost somewhere between 30-40 mil

Edited by MotoMkali

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Don't think anyone's posted but seems to be a RB/RM/CM type. Personally I'd prefer someone like Geertruida or Boey but that might be a bit beyond our price range in Jan as they'd probably cost somewhere between 30-40 mil

Pretty sure that twitter account has been outed as a fraud about 100x over though

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Pretty sure that twitter account has been outed as a fraud about 100x over though

That would be the case if he was claiming to be itk about comings and goings at villa park. He's claiming to be a sports agent in basketball or something and he talks to his friends who are agents in football about the rumours about Villa as a whole. The issue is it is all hearsay so saying definitively that he is or isn't just isn't possible. 

Edit: Also I'm just saying putting it out there as we haven't really been linked to anyone so we may as well discuss something. 

Edited by MotoMkali

44 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We wanted to keep him, he wanted first team football. I think that shows he was pretty close to being ready.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He may not be ready to start week in week out but getting 1500 minutes across all comps seems doable at least for next year. 

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Sidenote we don't even know when we can trigger the buyback so Jan seems out of the question. 

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Plus a winger isn't where we need to be spending unless zaniolo goes back to gala. 

I agree but it also wouldn’t surprise me if we did, even with Zaniolo plus Ramsey coming back.  I think if the right player comes available I don’t think Emery/Monchi will hesitate.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I agree but it also wouldn’t surprise me if we did, even with Zaniolo plus Ramsey coming back.  I think if the right player comes available I don’t think Emery/Monchi will hesitate.

Yes I'm pretty confident we wanted to keep him, he'd have just been on the fringes of the squad. There was a reason why he played in all our preseason games. He was clearly part of our plans.

On 09/12/2023 at 15:24, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really like the look of Semenyo, been saying it since our game with Bournemouth.

Consistency is key for us.....but there are some, really decent players, strutting their stuff in the Prem, at lower clubs.

We must remember its for the squad (25) not necessarily the team(11)...if a player wants guaranteed first team football, we move on, they have to back their own ability to get in the first 11, not hold a gun to UE's head in talks....I don't want them players, I don't think he does either.

If someone had of mentioned Ivan Toney, when he was at Peterborough, or Vardy when he was at Fleetwood, folk would think you was mad.....Sometimes you have to take a (calculated) gamble, and if it comes off, these type of players, fit perfectly in to the spirit of the camp we have.....We don't want any Primma Donna's no matter how attractive their talent is.

Our players have all grown in stature together, that is precious....they have all seen Emi go from Arsenal seconds to World cup winner......That is magic, that is hard to comprehend, but at the same time contagious....Our players improvement is mind blowing and very hard to replicate, but at the same time a platform to invite, the ambitious souls in to....Players who want to improve their stature, BMH is the Mecca....and that has to be the message.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

We wouldn't be signing Eze or Olise as they were when they were in the Championship, they're both now proven Premier League players, and if eiher were to leave Palace they would likely have many top clubs wanting to sign them.

That's why I don't really get Philogene as an alternative, if we wanted to sign say Eze but then found we couldn't, we wouldn't go from him to Philogene, as the point of signing Eze would be to come into our first team, so if we couldn't get him we would go for a player on a similar level, which Philogene isn't yet, if we were to bring Philogene back it would be more as a back-up player.

Eze would actually be a signing that would make a lot of sense, would be the closest we've had to Grealish since he left, can play on either wing, or centrally as No.10, second striker, or as a third midfielder, would be pretty much ideal, but given he only signed a new contract with Palace a month or so back I doubt he will be leaving them in January, and if he was to do so would have a lot of clubs interested.

I wish we will sign Nico WIlliams

Something, tells me No.

They have to want to come, and for the right reasons.....Our camp/spirit is precious.

I don't want players, who think they might be doing US a favour....I want hungry souls, who see us as a chance to develop and improve.

I don't get the vibe, that Nico wants to come enough.....I must confess, I haven't seen him enough to know, if its worth a risk.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We already have Diaby on the bench due to Bailey's form, no way are we adding Williams to that too. 

some speculators do seem to like linking us with Wingers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes I'm pretty confident we wanted to keep him, he'd have just been on the fringes of the squad. There was a reason why he played in all our preseason games. He was clearly part of our plans.

Yeah but no!

Anyway, let’s assume your “confidence” is correct for a moment, then why bring him back if he’s only again going to be on the fringes of the squad. He’d be unhappy, won’t develop with no game time and will likely only get as much time as Timmy or Dendoncker at best. Surely we’d be wanting players that will add to the push for this season for whatever target we are aiming for.

We could really use a backup striker as cover for Ollie, but who would come? I read an article recently saying we had the same problem as Spurs with Kane - there's an in form striker blocking the way to the starting 11. The author surmised we would have to settle for youth (which we have with Duran) or an old head like Ings. I think he might be right. I see the suggestion of Solanke slated on here, but I really think we would do quite well to bring in that caliber of player to serve as Ollie's understudy.

• Like 1

Moving forward, the football intelligence of our team, is paramount, the quickness of thought, the reaction time, and the speed at which we identify an opportunity, has us where we are.

Unai, will be on it, like a stock trader.

New criteria, will be sought, in identifying new recruits, our next phase of development, will dictate that.

We are moving in to a new stratosphere, and the events to come, will endorse this.....The new breed will have to be bright and sharp, to qualify.