Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

@Jas10 get the "twitter.co" link from the share option and it works

Mate.. you’ve lost me 😂

I see no such option… can only open link in browser n paste from there, but that’s long winded and a pain in the ass!

I use the app but it’s starting to become useless now 😆

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Mate.. you’ve lost me 😂

I see no such option… can only open link in browser n paste from there, but that’s long winded and a pain in the ass!

I use the app but it’s starting to become useless now 😆

Latest version of the app...

Screenshot_20230815_144712_X.thumb.jpg.c87a91d181661bf71c0d2eae920f1b89.jpg

Tap that button,  then select "copy link"...works for me :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maybe it will be a shrewd signing. It's not like we've never signed crocked, or "past it", or unwanted players that turned out to be great. 

But we more frequently sign potentially great players who soon become crocked or appear past it 😛

I have a feeling Zaniolo will be great though.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But we more frequently sign potentially great players who soon become crocked or appear past it 😛

I have a feeling Zaniolo will be great though.

It's about time our luck went the other way on this sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, allani said:

Apologies if someone else has already answered your questions.  In terms of what I have seen (as a Roma supporting Villa fan living in Italy) he was very much expected to receive the ball and look to take players on.  I'd say his touch is pretty decent - he certainly has a good habit of bringing a tricky ball under control without seeming to miss a stride.  He's pretty strong in terms of upper-body strength and so can hold players off the ball when they are alongside him - he's got the Gazza approach of managing to get his arms and shoulders out to keep defenders a bit further away from the ball.  He's quick - particularly over a short distance so if he gets past someone they don't often get a second chance to tackle him.  He will get fouled a lot and he'll try and beat his man meaning that he'll get tackled a lot.  But if he is tackled two or three times and then gets away from his man the fourth then he'll tend to make something happen that time.  He also has a whole bunch of tricks and the ability to do the unexpected - think of Bertie but a Bertie who doesn't surprise himself when it comes off (oh and without the blind cross/field passes to the unmarked opposition centre forward).  I am sure that he'll frustrate some on here but if / when he gets going he'll get people on their feet.  But he's definitely one of those players that if he gets on the end of a through ball you're expecting him to put it away.  I think I have said before that I'm sure he led Serie A in terms of the number of goals scored by a team after a shot by a specific player - so Ollie should be expecting to get a lot of rebounds heading his way.

Not sure about a natural finisher.  I mean he's definitely got an eye for goal and getting shots in on target.  What he does have is the ability to do the unexpected - when the ball is there looking like it needs bringing down and trying to round the keeper, he'll find some way of hitting it with the outside of the wrong foot and into the net (very much like Totti in that regard).  Again that will infuriate some (when the ball goes wide) but more often than note defenders / keepers aren't expecting it and so are often going the wrong way (to block the more obvious option).

Risk wise.  I mean obviously he's not played a full season for a while for various reasons - injuries, the fall-out with Mourinho, etc - so that is a concern.  He'll get fouled a lot (have I said that before?!) so we need to make sure that he gets protected by the referee (to avoid injury) and they don't assume that he's a wily Italian throwing himself to the ground all the time (booked for simulation).  (Remind you of anyone?)  And like Jack he can get wound up and frustrated if he's getting kicked to **** - so he'll pick up some clumsy yellow cards.  I think the biggest risk is how quickly he adjusts to the PL and whether the fans get frustrated with him in the meantime.  If we can get him firing and feeling like the fans and club love him then he could honestly be Jack level good (in a slightly different position).  But we need to give him some time and show him some love.  I think he's definitely a player who needs a friendly / fatherly arm around the shoulder sometimes - and Mourinho most definitely wasn't that.  I think that he will want to play on the shoulders of the defence - so with him, Ollie and Diaby a 4-3-3 is probably our best attacking option - so the question will be whether that unbalances  the side and how our midfield will cope.  So that's a risk  Obviously at times we will need to play more conservatively and stick an extra midfield workhorse in the team.  As I said on previous posts, you'd ideally want to have seen him churn out performances over a full season to show that he's properly back - but if he does that and you can almost guarantee that Inter and Juve would have been very, very interested indeed.  I think a lot of the big teams will have thought about it and decided that they needed that extra guarantee.

Personally, I think the deal that is being reported looks like a really good option for us to address some of those risks without a massive finanicial impact if it doesn't work out.  My gut feel says that we'll sign a permanent deal in the summer.  If we get Zaniolo back to his best then it will be seen as one of THE bargains of the season.  But the reason that we've got the opportunity is because I think it might take a couple of months to start seeing the best of him.  So I'm slightly worried that parts of the fanbase won't afford him the time and that he doesn't settle as well as we would like.  For the cost and the potential upside it is a great deal.  However, I'd be happier if we'd come into this situation on the back of a good opening day away score draw, with Ramsey and Moreno fit and without the two bad injuries last week.  Then we'd be in a great position to ease Zaniolo in gently - whereas it kind of feels like there's already pressure on him to come in and provide an immediate boost.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Latest version of the app...

Screenshot_20230815_144712_X.thumb.jpg.c87a91d181661bf71c0d2eae920f1b89.jpg

Tap that button,  then select "copy link"...works for me :).

Sorry to prolong this… but na, not the same for me. App already updated too.

Having to open in browser then copy from there…

Guessing you’re on Android whereas I’m on iOS?

Just now, Jas10 said:

Guessing you’re on Android whereas I’m on iOS?

Correct.  I'm not sure why I thought the apps might work somewhat similarly, more fool me for assuming technology giants could be consistent. 

I imagine the X infrastructure will catch up and provide innate incorporability in to other websites soon... shouldn't take much to make it backwards compatible from whatever they did with the twitter domain.

Enough of that anyway....

Is that picture of Zaniolo waving to the Gala crowd from today or yesterday does anyone know?

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Correct.  I'm not sure why I thought the apps might work somewhat similarly, more fool me for assuming technology giants could be consistent. 

I imagine the X infrastructure will catch up and provide innate incorporability in to other websites soon... shouldn't take much to make it backwards compatible from whatever they did with the twitter domain.

Enough of that anyway....

Is that picture of Zaniolo waving to the Gala crowd from today or yesterday does anyone know?

The game is tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â