Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Never in the history of football has the 2nd game of a season been a “must win”.

If Philogene ain’t good enough to play against Everton, then we might as well sell him because he’s never going to be good enough for PL. 

I'd  say our second game of the season in 19/20 (at home v Everton) was far more important. 

And even if we don't  win I won't  write of the season. There's adjusting we need to do for sure because of the injuries.  But we finished 7th last season after a really poor start under a really poor manager, and we have the cups. 

Injuries and adjustment may well mean we don't  make as much progress as we want in the league, but it's  still far too early 

So…?

Watkins     Zaniolo

Diaby    Luiz       Kamara      McGinn       

Digne         Pau       Carlos       Konsa 

Could switch McGinn and Diaby… persist with John on the left side if Moussa prefers to cut in otherwise this could work…

We will have a fair few left footers in the squad… although Ty.. 😭

Need to manage without Moreno and Ramsey for now…

Stop playing Bailey. Tielemans if Kamara is still off it… I think we could possibly do with a powerhouse option in midfield to help solidify and strengthen us. Some added steel and composure…

Cash needs major competition. Konsa gives us that added defensive cover but really needs to focus on CB now but I want to see the Pau and Carlos partnership shine…

More importantly - Pau needs to stick at LCB. No LB or hybrid business for him. 

Nico should hopefully make us more potent and dangerous in attack and add  some extra ball carrying ability, could be a great outlet for us… Diaby playing more as a winger than a forward now… keep Leon out of the firing line until he can get his head and body together…

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

None of that sounds plausible. Totally over convoluted. 

I assume it's a straight loan fee with salary covered and buy option clause as has been stated a few times. 

We'll know the details when Ornstein or the Athletic report it. I think they are such a good outfit. They haven't reported a thing on this yet because they probably don't have direct information they have sourced themselves yet to make it past their standards to report.

Slow down, I need to write all this down.

So Alan Nixon is good and knows about transfers, but Romano doesn't? If Ornstein reports the same is Romano good again?

Athletic had Gregg Evans as Villa reporter, they are a shambles.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So…?

Watkins     Zaniolo

Diaby    Luiz       Kamara      McGinn       

Digne         Pau       Carlos       Konsa 

Could switch McGinn and Diaby… persist with John on the left side if Moussa prefers to cut in otherwise this could work…

We will have a fair few left footers in the squad… although Ty.. 😭

Need to manage without Moreno and Ramsey for now…

Stop playing Bailey. Tielemans if Kamara is still off it… I think we could possibly do with a powerhouse option in midfield to help solidify and strengthen us. Some added steel and composure…

Cash needs major competition. Konsa gives us that added defensive cover but really needs to focus on CB now but I want to see the Pau and Carlos partnership shine…

More importantly - Pau needs to stick at LCB. No LB or hybrid business for him. 

Nico should hopefully make us more potent and dangerous in attack and add  some extra ball carrying ability, could be a great outlet for us… Diaby playing more as a winger than a forward now… keep Leon out of the firing line until he can get his head and body together…

I like it.  Will do for now until Moreno and Ramsey are back.  

I never want to see Bailey and Cash play down the right together again

I think he can play a few roles which is important under Unai. Winger, second striker, wide forward, in the half spaces. 

But he doesn’t look like a natural replacement for Buendia. Think we had him scouted before the injury. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I like it.  Will do for now until Moreno and Ramsey are back.  

I never want to see Bailey and Cash play down the right together again

I think it’s better if Digne holds back and focusses on defending… he doesn’t have anywhere near enough the speed, threat, mobility that Moreno offers… I don’t see the point of launching too many crosses into the box either… we’re much better and effective in our build up and passing patterns by keeping the ball on the ground and breaking through the opposition (although Buendia is a real loss in this sense but we still have a lot of quality)…

Let Diaby run riot… McGinn to help solidify midfield and bring the tenacity and aggression (completely and unusually absent vs Newcastle… a rare case for him).

Cash needs challenging, far too comfortable. Doesn’t seem to have adapted to our defensive strategy and offside trap…

Something is wrong with Leon… body language is off and he seems exhausted. Take him out of the firing line.

I’m really getting excited at the threat Zaniolo could pose and he can carry the ball for us as well as finish off chances, more potently than Ollie perhaps… and/or set him up for easier opportunities…

• Like 1

I think too, similar to Diaby, he seems to be a power and pace player. Given the way Unai wants us to play, we need players like Zaniolo who can carry over distance and go through the tackles 1v1. 

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think too, similar to Diaby, he seems to be a power and pace player. Given the way Unai wants us to play, we need players like Zaniolo who can carry over distance and go through the tackles 1v1. 

A front 3 of Zaniolo, Watkins and Diaby would be pretty entertaining to watch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A front 3 of Zaniolo, Watkins and Diaby would be pretty entertaining to watch.

I mean we had plenty of chances on the break against Newcastle. One of them go in and it’s a completely different game. 

Between Watkins, Diaby, Zaniolo, and the occasional Bailey, we have plenty of transition threats. 

• Like 1

Â