Weekends Football 4/6 August

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Has Steve Bruce ever managed a London team?

I don't think so. Earlier today I was looking at the long list of teams he's managed and i think they're all in the north or the midlands.

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

I don't think so. Earlier today I was looking at the long list of teams he's managed and i think they're all in the north or the midlands.

Wasn't he at Palace for a bit?

• Like 1

Decent game this, Leicester on top but can't find the final ball but Coventry look half decent, especially Palmer in Midfield. 

As others have said, Simms ain't been great. I've lost count the amount of times they've been in a promising position and he's given possession away. 

Needs an early goal in the 2nd half to spark it. 

cov just scored from a corner, their captain mcfadzean with a decent header, goalie beaten at near post. Simms has struggled in front of goal and when trying to take on defenders but he did work hard there and win that corner for the goal, i think he will be useful for them in that way, maybe not a prolific goalscorer but a hardworker who contributes in other ways

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Simms has struggled in front of goal and when trying to take on defenders but he did work hard there and win that corner for the goal, i think he will be useful for them in that way, maybe not a prolific goalscorer but a hardworker who contributes in other ways

So he’s basically Emile Heskey?

• Like 1

Vardy still playing? Was sure he was going to retire. Looked well past it last season and utterly uninterested. Guess he's sitting on a very well paid contract he didn't want to give up.

Leicester has so much money sitting on the bench, they will be bleeding money this season even if they manage to get rid of a few.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Has Steve Bruce ever managed a London team?

Palace. Tried to walk out after 3 months to join small heath. Simon Jordan (then Palace chairman) took him to court and made him do a notice period. 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Vardy still playing? Was sure he was going to retire. Looked well past it last season and utterly uninterested. Guess he's sitting on a very well paid contract he didn't want to give up.

His wife's lost court case against Colleen Rooney means that he'll need to keep playing for a while yet! That'll cost them millions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

His wife's lost court case against Colleen Rooney means that he'll need to keep playing for a while yet! That'll cost them millions. 

That explains it :thumb:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wagatha Christie 

Surprised Hamer is still at Cov tbh, great passing range on him and quite a combative midfielder. Would do well in the premier league, West ham could do worse than signing him, think he would do quite well there, they might be able to get him for 20 mil

Â