The 2023-24 (Finn Azaz) Loan Thread

Hornso

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary of the weekend - Seb stifles Small Heath

Louie Barry (Stockport County) 1st/24th [League Two]
Home to Accrington (4-2) - Substituted at half time [2-0]. 30 touches, 76.9% pass accuracy, 1 shot blocked, 3 key passes, 1 assist, 1 error leading to goal. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.30 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.7.

Ben Chrisene (Blackburn Rovers) 19th/24th [Championship]
Home to Sheffield Wednesday (1-3) - Came on in the 84th minute [1-3]. 8 touches, 100% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.98 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.5.

Blackburn are 3 points clear of the relegation zone with 2 games remaining.

Leander Dendoncker (Napoli) 8th/20th [Serie A]
Away at Empoli (1-0) - Unused substitute.

Josh Feeney (Real Union) 12th/20th [Spanish Primera Federación]
Home to Unionistas (3-1) - Came on in the 90th minute [2-0].

Real Union are 2 points above the relegation zone with 6 games remaining.

Filip Marschall (MK Dons) 4th/24th [League Two]
Away at Harrogate (3-5) - Unused substitute.

Locked into 4th spot.

Kosta Nedeljkovic (FK Crvena zvezda) 1st/16th [Serbian Super Liga]
Home to Partizan (3-2) - Not in the squad (hip).

Tommi O'Reilly (Real Union) 12th/20th [Spanish Primera Federación]
Home to Unionistas (3-1) - Came on in the 90th minute [2-0].

Sebastian Revan (Rotherham) 24th/24th [Championship]
Home to SHA (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 60 touches, 75.8% pass accuracy, 1 shot on target, 3 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.42 / Sofascore.com rating of 7.7.

Rico Richards (Stockport County) 1st/24th [League Two]
Home to Accrington (4-2) - Came on in the 74th minute [3-1]. 7 touches, 0% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.02 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.2. 

Teddy Rowe (Gloucester City) 23rd/24th [National League North]
Home to Scunthorpe (1-2) - Came on after half time [1-0].

Viljami Sinisalo (Exeter City) 12th/24th [League One]
Away at Northampton (1-2) - Played 90 minutes. 70 touches, 74.1% pass accuracy, 6 saves. WhoScored.com rating of 7.36 / Sofascore.com rating of 7.6

Lino Sousa (Plymouth Argyle) 20th/24th [Championship]
Away at Stoke (3-0) - Unused substitute.

Plymouth are 2 points clear of the relegation zone with 2 games remaining.

Oliver Zych (Puszcza Niepolomice) 13th/18th [Ekstraklasa]
Away at Cracovia (0-1) - Played 90 minutes. 42 touches, 50% pass accuracy, 2 saves. Sofascore.com rating of 6.9

Two points above the relegation zone, 5 games to play.

Slightly confused how Louie Barry managed to make an error leading to a goal if he was subbed off at 2-0?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Slightly confused how Louie Barry managed to make an error leading to a goal if he was subbed off at 2-0?

Trust you to pick out the tiniest of errors! Haha. It was 2-1 at half time, rather than 2-0. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good point. @Tayls is correct.

Apologies for Morgan Sanson who I've just ignored for a week (where were you on that one @HanoiVillan 😉):

Morgan Sanson (Nice) 5th/18th [Ligue 1]
Home to Lorient (3-0) - Substituted in the 71st minute. 46 touches, 80.8% accuracy, 2 shots off target, 1 shot on target, 1 goal, 2 key passes, 1 big chance created. WhoScored.com rating of 8.14 / Sofascore.com rating of 8.2.

Please let me know if you can't get the video in your region!

Also, 

Teddy Rowe (Gloucester City) 23rd/24th [National League North]
Home to Bishops Cleeve [Gloucestershire FA Challenge Cup Final] (2p-2) - Played 90 minutes. Missed penalty in shootout.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Any Ekstraklasa fans? There's been lots of talk of Sinisalo having a  good season, but Zych seems to have become guaranteed starter for Puszcza, Ekstraklasa seems to be about Championship level I'd think, definitely better than League 1 I think, just judging on Polish results in Europe lately. Hopefully another promising keeper 

14 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Any Ekstraklasa fans? There's been lots of talk of Sinisalo having a  good season, but Zych seems to have become guaranteed starter for Puszcza, Ekstraklasa seems to be about Championship level I'd think, definitely better than League 1 I think, just judging on Polish results in Europe lately. Hopefully another promising keeper 

Ekstraklasa is barely Sunday league standard :D 

• Haha 1

With the Championship season over, are our loan players able to rejoin our first team squad for the remainder of the season? I think I remember Grealish doing similar when his Notts County loan ended years ago? 

Posted (edited)

Technically our players will still be contracted to their loan clubs until June 1st, the loan can be cancelled but if that happens outside of a transfer window, they're not allowed to play for our first team, I could be wrong but I think they would be allowed to play for the academy, Dylan Mitchell played for our U18s in the week after his loan with Alverchurch ended last weekend.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Summary of the weekend - Rovers & Plymouth survive on final day. SHA drop down.

Ben Chrisene (Blackburn Rovers) 19th/24th [Championship]
Away at Leicester (0-2) - Played 90 minutes. 36 touches, 68.8% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.90 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.6.

Philippe Coutinho (Al-Duhail) 6th/12th [Qatar Stars]
Home to Al Shamal [Amir Cup R16] (3-1) - Substituted in the 88th minute [3-1]. Scored a penalty.

Leander Dendoncker (Napoli) 8th/20th [Serie A]
Away at Udinese (1-1) - Not in the squad.

Josh Feeney (Real Union) 12th/20th [Spanish Primera Federación]
Home to Cultural Leonesa (0-0) - Came on in the 65th minute.

Kosta Nedeljkovic (FK Crvena zvezda) 1st/16th [Serbian Super Liga]
Home to TSC Backa Topola (2-1) - Not in the squad (hip).

Tommi O'Reilly (Real Union) 12th/20th [Spanish Primera Federación]
Home to Cultural Leonesa (0-0) - Unused substitute.

Sebastian Revan (Rotherham) 24th/24th [Championship]
Home to Cardiff (5-2) - Substituted in the 91st minute [5-2]. 34 touches, 69.2% pass accuracy, 1 shot off target, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.74 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.5.

Lino Sousa (Plymouth Argyle) 20th/24th [Championship]
Home to Hull (1-0) - Not in the squad.

Oliver Zych (Puszcza Niepolomice) 15th/18th [Ekstraklasa]
Away at Pogon Szczecin (1-0) - Played 90 minutes. 36 touches, 41.4% pass accuracy, 3 saves. Sofascore.com rating of 6.8

One point above the relegation zone, 3 games to play.

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Summary of Tuesday night

Filip Marschall (MK Dons) 4th/24th [League Two]
Away at Crawley [Playoff Semi 1st Leg] (3-0) - Unused substitute.

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 1

I haven't really followed the loans that closely - how would we rate this seasons loan success? Any players looking like potential stars? Any of the old boys looking like they might be moving on? Thank you

2 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I haven't really followed the loans that closely - how would we rate this seasons loan success? Any players looking like potential stars? Any of the old boys looking like they might be moving on? Thank you

It's not been great. Sinisalo at Exeter has been the most succesful - played most games and helped them out of the relegation zone to mid table.

• Like 2

Barry started excellently until his injury killed his season too.

I'd say Chrisene has done well to pick up regular starts in the Championship as has Revan even if he was losing most weeks. 

• Like 1

It's easy to forget how young Feeney and Sousa are, for a first loan and at such a young age, even more so for a central defender, Feeney has done fine, for him it's just about getting some experience playing senior minutes at any level in preperation for the next step up.

Sousa had only just turned nineteen and he went straight to the Championship for his first loan, that's an achievement in of itself, our only other academy players to get loans straight to the Championship have been Philogene and Iroegbunam, and those two were older than Sousa, the others who have had Championship loans had work their way up from a lower level first, so for him to get the minutes he did was a good achievement

Rico Richards also did well to come from where he did to get a decent amount of minutes for Stockport, their fans seemed to like him too, or at least I had seen them naming him in their line-ups that would like to see before games, he's actually in the video the club posted today training with the first team, I think Emey and the coaches taking a look at him and Barry

• Like 4

Â