Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not too clued up about it but seems like an idiotic decision.

Might appear that way, but it isn't. She was the starting left back for England in the Euro's final, for example. 

Edited by hogso

If she is at left back she can certainly do the job.  No different to last year, I suppose, when she was left back for England but a striker for Dash.

But I can't help but think it's a waste.  As Villa fans we're all biased of course but as far as I'm concerned, and the stats prove it, she's our best striker and should be starting up front.

Either way, if the strikers have to feed on scraps, as they did against Haiti, then it will be a difficult game.  That midfield have to create more. Daly at left back, getting forward whenever possible, might also help that.

Edited by Villanbee
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Might appear that way, but it isn't. She was the starting left back for England in the Euro's final, for example. 

I know she was, but that doesn't mean she should be, or should've been then either.

But she has an assist now from that position so maybe it was an inspired decision after all.

Daly is England's best left-back from what I've seen, if she's not playing upfront she should be starting there, but also she scored twenty-two goals and got five assist in the WSL and was WSL player of the season, she should be starting as the striker as she's the best striker England have, if Russo played for us scored ten and assisted one and Daly played for Man Utd scored twenty-two, assisted five and was player of the season she would be starting upfront no question no debate.

• Like 2

Â