Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think the Saudi links are a load of carp and eel be making a big mistake if he does go there

not a "Missed Hake"....He has been hooked.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zero7 said:

I bet half this Saudi nonsense about him is made up. 

It does seem strange that a club with access to practically limitless wealth is pissing about in a bidding war with us. Surely they would just pay what Leverkusen want straight away to get the deal done. As that hasn't happened it makes me think this might be more to do with BL looking to panic us into putting in a higher bid than genuine Saudi interest. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

It does seem strange that a club with access to practically limitless wealth is pissing about in a bidding war with us. Surely they would just pay what Leverkusen want straight away to get the deal done. As that hasn't happened it makes me think this might be more to do with BL looking to panic us into putting in a higher bid than genuine Saudi interest. 

If they can get us to spend more money, than necessary on one player.....It is an advantage, to Newcastle.....to scupper us from spending more on other players.

It could be a sneaky tactic.

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They did when?

It’s not the same english team winning the CL is it?

With the money. The thing you’re complaining about Saudi Arabia for. Saudi Arabia haven’t won the CL. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If they can get us to spend more money, than necessary on one player.....It is an advantage, to Newcastle.....to scupper us from spending more on other players.

Well if it keeps happening then it's agree. There was no hint of Saudi interest in torres or tielemans so might be a one off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Well if it keeps happening then it's agree. There was no hint of Saudi interest in torres or tielemans so might be a one off. 

could be....I am notoriously sceptical.

Very odd all this .... if Leverkusen want €60 million Euros why don't the Saudi outfit just pay the €60 million Euros & be done with it 💁‍♂️ they have endless amount of money there going to give him a monster salary but yet here they are battling over £4/5 million Euros with us  🤔 just don't add up, maybe Diaby has said he wants nothing to do with the Saudi outfit & only wants the Villa move, so Leverkusen are just waiting on us meeting there valuation, knowing that Diaby doesn't want the Saudi move, so in a sense there irrelevant in this bidding war, but its not a bidding war as it seems they only match our bid 💁‍♂️ it's all very odd & tiring 😩

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

That's a good shout 👍 

No matter how much blood money the Saudis throw at it they will never compete with European football.Who will watch it on TV ? The usual tourist hanger on’s from Africa and Asia definitely but what do they contribute to their club’s? Nothing apart from clogging up all the forums. Remember Samatha ? God help us we never have to put up with that again 

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Replace Newcastle with Leverkusen, leverkusen are using the media to leak stories and inflate the price as it benefits them

This conspiracy theory that the PIF and Newcastle are playing us because they think we're a threat is a complete load of bollocks (not that we're a threat, the idea that they've got that much about them)

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

If we don't get Diaby......Monchie could be deemed as a "Deepwater Flathead"

I'll get my coat.............

Edited by TRO

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bet you said the same about the Chinese league. 

How many years we talking ?   

China have unlimited wealth and massive influence over the PL like the saudis do?

When did the chinese nation own a PL club?

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Methinks Diaby is a Monchi target, not necessarily a Emery one.

I doubt it. Emery wanted Monchi in so he doesn't get transfers imposed on him that he doesn't want, like what happened at Arsenal. Lange was keen to keep doing 'club' signings like Duran and that goes against what emery wants. I know Emery agreed to it in the end but I get the impression he wasn't 100% keen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

With the money. The thing you’re complaining about Saudi Arabia for. Saudi Arabia haven’t won the CL. 

Yeah maybe because they cant enter the CL ita for European clubs 😃

Just now, Demitri_C said:

China have unlimited wealth and massive influence over the PL like the saudis do?

When did the chinese nation own a PL club?

when Xia arrived.

• Haha 1

IMO, he will be a Villa player by the end of the week. There is no way Monchi and UE would continue to pursue him if they had not received strong assurances that we are his favoured move. 

As for his ability, there is no doubting he has one thing  we are so sorely lacking - out and out pace. However, I also beleive that he is not just a speed merchant and has demonstrated consistent output from his recent seasons. Here is a relly in-depth and anayltical article on his time in Germany:

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/07/moussa-diaby-chase-huge-statement-of-intent-by-ambitious-aston-villa/

Every signing has risk....but i see more chance of Diaby being a success than a failure if he continues to progress the way he has.

Â