Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

Real dilemmas over captaincy this week, 5 mins before the deadline I was on Palmer but shit out and went Haaland.

Also dropped Dougie to the bench to play Watkins / Haaland / Solanke up front and chose Estupinan over Botman but given Gomez is in the starting line up and is likely not to play (he’s one of the ones with Flu apparently), Botman likely to come in anyway. First time for weeks I've had choices tbh, freaked me out a bit

Went Gordon to Foden and rolled my other FT, again wasn’t sure between Foden and Jota but Liverpools upcoming blank decided that for me I think. Still have 2mil in bank (was 4)

I know Liverpool have a double coming up next week but the blank the following week would have meant a potentially very weak team for the blank given I have others blanking that week too

Brought in Konsa last week (I know...) which forced me into another DEF change this week. Knew I needed an extra body for BGW26 so went with Walker even though I knew there was a very high chance of getting rouletted...

i really hate owning city players. good that we got the team leak but pep leaving players like KDB on the bench is always such a risk. yes they have the double coming up but there's just not many of their players you can say are absolutely nailed on to start both games

i benched KDB and of course he got an assist. i just can't bring myself to put players into my 11 if i know they're not starting, even if you know there's a chance of them coming on and returning. just reduces the chances of points massively. could've been worse i guess

22 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i benched KDB and of course he got an assist. i just can't bring myself to put players into my 11 if i know they're not starting, even if you know there's a chance of them coming on and returning. just reduces the chances of points massively. could've been worse i guess

It’s one of those situations where early team news is a curse sometimes. 

I remember when Salah was benched a couple Of seasons ago against palace. Everyone who got the team news leak benched him. Most “casuals” kept him in and had him as captain. 

He came on in the second half and got a hattrick. Massive swing

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s one of those situations where early team news is a curse sometimes. 

I remember when Salah was benched a couple Of seasons ago against palace. Everyone who got the team news leak benched him. Most “casuals” kept him in and had him as captain. 

He came on in the second half and got a hattrick. Massive swing

Yep definitely the risk you take. As it happened the team leak meant I started gross and schar over kdb and walker so worked out OK!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished on 85. Back to 100k

This is the year

you and i must be pretty close.

i went from 41k to 168k with 5 consecutive red arrows but back inside top 100k now, more by good fortune than anything else.

• Like 1

I'm only going to brag because it's a bit bizarre. The gap between me and 2nd place in the h2h is more than the gap between 2nd and 23rd.

Nah, to be quite honest I say do whatever's fun. If your season is petering out or you're losing interest then do the thing that makes it fun again. The thing that; if it goes well; could resurrect your season or your interest. I did it with an early wildcard at the start and it saved me.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nah, to be quite honest I say do whatever's fun. If your season is petering out or you're losing interest then do the thing that makes it fun again. The thing that; if it goes well; could resurrect your season or your interest. I did it with an early wildcard at the start and it saved me.

I'm planning on potentially WC'ing before GW29 anyway. We will see how this weekend goes. Big potential :D 

I was rolling. Now I'm not. But I'll use it to ease my GW26 and free some funds. But it'll probably be another **** -4 in GW26 now.

Â