Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am sure this thread is winding to a close now and I just want to say I thoroughly enjoyed your posts and your passion. 

UTV mate

Mate… I wanted to be positive and take a wait and see approach…

what we have ended up with is the worse case scenario imo…

we have ended up with that flat, yellow, drop shadowed shite…

kind of shocked…

and why did we trademark the detailed lion versions? If we’re not going to use them?

I was hoping for better…

Anyway, it’s just my opinion and it’s in the relevant thread. Stupid for anyone to complain about anyone expressing their view in the relevant thread. Everyone is allowed to have a say and vent if needed. I’ll never be a “happy clapper”.

When this shite was first revealed and leaked, as a trademark, the negative reaction was almost universal. It was laughed at.

Again, we have been worn down.

We just have to move on… whether we like it or not. A shame.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

The badge is mostly disliked, but that's beside the point. We've just been magnificently lied to and gaslit by the man steering the ship; to say there's a load of whingeing Villa fans who don't understand how to run a football club is not going to put things right. Firstly, it's a forum where you get, naturally, some of the most passionate fans hanging about discussing things so yes, there will be a lot of that.

Being lied to and not even bothering to announce a new crest to the fans is just cack. I don't know how to run the United Kingdom, but I can still judge Boris Johnson for being a massive willy.

Probably the most accurate and relevant comment on here. It’s just true.

My tin-foil hat/conspiracy angle is this all a genius ploy to shift remaining Castore stock; don't like the new badge?  Well, here's your last chance to get something else for a while!  Loved that round badge?  Better get on it now!

If this were some diabolical scheme, then it's absolutely worked on yours truly as I plumped for the home and away shirts last week, and I haven't done that in years. 😅

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was going to say... I eventually just moved into the acceptance phase.

I can now live with it and have no choice.

What I was trying to say is that I feel the broader design package and placements/utilisation will probably eventually offset any " anger " about the badge.

I'll definitely be getting some merch.

Again though, I'm happy it doesn't look like any of the other Claret and Blue team badges, and feel this will be a part of the reasoning

Like most of us… it’s apparent that you’ve been worn down and drained by all this. You’ve been blunted…

Before any of these questions or consultations, I distinctly remember you being the most vocal and critical of what we had and especially the stupid yellow on blue combo. You were the main man on this 😂

You’ve really quietened down on that and I can understand why… but… your original critique still stands and now more than ever. We haven’t improved anything and still have the same shitty problem we did in the first place.

I prefer the AVFC badge…

We should’ve gotten something better… not equivalent or worse.

And we shouldn’t have been lied to, misled and treated like fools.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can see where some people are coming from that a predominantly claret badge on a claret shirt isn't ideal. In which case it was really daft to give us the option if they were just going to ignore the response.

It's not really a problem on the home kit anyway with a proper border and different coloured main elements, but more importantly the home kit is a tiny proportion of where the badge is actually displayed or shown, only about half of our matches for a start and elsewhere (let's say 90% of the time) it's more likely to appear on a white background or otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I better not see you post an opinion on the latest album you’ve heard, because what do you know about being a musician?

Ooft, this one hurt me square in the off-topic.

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Some of the most popular brands in the word are simple Word Art Font and Images. 
You guys nothing about branding!

What Do World's Top Brand's Logo Designs Have In Common?

Any football clubs in there?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is a bit rich coming from you to be honest mate. how much bitching and moaning did you do this season about the team when things were better than ever :D 

We're not entitled to know. but we're also not entitled to be lied to.

Heck came out and told us that we didn't want the round badge and it was as internationally penetrating as it shoul dbe (or whatever jargon he used)

If it's not that and it's about cost then that's fine. i'd like the club to make those sensible decisions. but **** tell the truth about it. Don't pretend it's for another reason and try to gaslight the fanbase into thinking they didn't want something we voted for when it's actually about saving money

Exactly… we’ve been treated like irrelevant idiots and it’s so hypocritical coming from the biggest whiner and cry baby we have seen in this forum this season.

If we just keep quiet and just happily accept whatever the club proposes and does… we will have less and less worth and become more and more ignored and treated like shite, getting ripped off etc. if that’s the way it’s going to go, it’s gonna be rough…

At least Unai gets it, “the fans are the heart of the club”…

treat us like that then…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Any football clubs in there?

Mildly amusing that the one logo that looks most like a football club badge is also the most detailed. So not quite sure what the point was being made. 

Maybe they think we should just have “ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB” in Times New Roman. That would be super simple.

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Old School Panini: McDonald's Vienna FC 1991-92

Please no, not more Vienna teams, not this close to European competition!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

The ignorance of people in this thread has been off the charts. As the Price of Football explained in a recent episode. The cost of rebranding and marketing the new crest (the one we've got for this season) is very expensive. People don't realise that. 

Described as "the salary of a senior player for a whole season". As we are close to PSR limits the club made the financial decision to keep the same badge we've had for years and make a minor update to it around the text.

The reason we have done this is because of PSR the same reason we've not go e ahead with the North Stand redevelopment. Yet we get never ending whining by perpetually ignorant fans in this thread.

You don't have a clue how to run a football club. The people on charge of Villa do and focussing on PSR is the right thing to do at such a critical time

Either do it properly or don't bother. We spent money on rebranding only for Heck not to like it. That was his decision. 

I'd rather we kept Lerner's badge or done it properly if we are so short of cash with what coming 4th in the league and being owned by two billionaires.

Doing everything inhouse and on the cheap feels like Doug Ellis is back at Villa Park again. Cornershop mentality.

But there you go, a underwhelming result but Heck should now focus on his main priorities of squeezing as much money as he can inside and outside of Villa Park for the next 3-4 years before he moves onto his next job.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I don't for one second believe he didn't know a badge chanhe was imminent when he started in the job. And ss for the claim there wasn't enough consultation on the round badge, absolutely BS compared to the lack of consultation on this one.

People don't like me criticising Heck so I will desist from now on but come on? It's been quite a mixed bag and that is being kind. That there is gaslighting.

It was a change he was not aware of, claims Heck, who had initially planned to spend the first six months in his new job “diving in, observing and laying out a three-year plan.” His plans changed quickly.

There's no way he didn't know the crest was changing

This time, Aston Villa has consulted its fanbase in depth, after complaints the options they received last time around didn’t offer much choice. 

Did many people complain about that? And how is a solution where we have zero choice the right thing to do?

In Aston Villa’s case, Heck says fans complained they had not been adequately consulted on the move to a circular logo.

Yet were consulted far more about that circular badge than we have been about this one

He hadn’t intended on changing the club’s crest before he joined, given the previous shield had been in place for 31 years and the “continuity” it brought to the Villa brand was important to him.

Not remotely true :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All this talk about whether we're qualified to judge the new badge is nonsense really because we're the consumer. Of course we are qualified to judge it. It's meant for us, and those of us as yet uninitiated to the cause (but still football fans and not marketing gurus).

McDonalds doesn't make a burger that everybody hates, just to issue a statement saying that 'the customer is not qualified to judge the viscosity of the bovine component', and carry on selling it. It sells or it don't. People like the brand or they don't.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no way he didn't know the crest was changing

Did many people complain about that? And how is a solution where we have zero choice the right thing to do?

Yet were consulted far more about that circular badge than we have been about this one

Not remotely true :D 

It's a work of art in the form of a puff piece. There aren't any positive elements/factors to accentuate, so they make them up. 

Brilliant.

Â