Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

31 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I do really like the golden lion on brand for our 150 anniversary.

Yeah iw as thinking this is one of the reasons they are going for the Regal, Classic and Retro look.

Trust the branding experts and wait for the final product before passing judgement was my take on all this. Looks legit and alway doubted the trademarked version being the final iteration for the shirts etc. exciting to see the final package and what it looks like ITSOTP 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You don't understand AI generation at all if you believe that image on Twitter was AI generated.

Yep I don’t at all, I admit it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

All that detail on the lion is nice and everything, but you aren't going to see it at any more than a few metres away, at which point it'll probably still look like a yellowish smudge in a light blue background. Close up it looks smart though.

And the only place it’ll be is on the shirts. Everywhere else it’ll (presumably) be the shit, flat, pale lion we’ve already seen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And the only place it’ll be is on the shirts. Everywhere else it’ll (presumably) be the shit, flat, pale lion we’ve already seen

Why ? 

The old one looked OK on the shirts in person, with the texturised pattern.  The new one should be better if it's gold.  The problem was and still will be how it looks when it's represented digitally for 95% of its exposure.

The trademark image has it in yellow, but maybe its not a final version. Who knows. Hopefully they figure out a way to make it look better on screen and in the printed bill boards behind Emery during interview.

Get a move on and reveal it Heck, get it up for vote and see what the fans think.

• Like 1

It's really not hard to represent the 3d texture in flat, digital applications. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it. If they give the lion some contrast it completely changes the badge and erases one of its biggest issues. Not all of it's issues, but the biggest one. 

If we have a good digital version of the 3d lion and we primarily use that lion without the surrounding badge, we might just look good after all. 

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's really not hard to represent the 3d texture in flat, digital applications. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it. If they give the lion some contrast it completely changes the badge and erases one of its biggest issues. Not all of it's issues, but the biggest one. 

If we have a good digital version of the 3d lion and we primarily use that lion without the surrounding badge, we might just look good after all. 

It’s still not claret and blue….so little claret is a big problem still.  It’s not seen because it’s on a claret background but in isolation on media, graphics, away shirt, league tables it still will be predominantly gold and blue badge.  

We are Claret & Blue!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s still not claret and blue….so little claret is a big problem still.  It’s not seen because it’s on a claret background but in isolation on media, graphics, away shirt, league tables it still will be predominantly gold and blue badge.  

We are Claret & Blue!

And we remain claret and blue. There's claret and blue on the badge. Just because claret is not the primary colour there doesn't mean anything. Do you reckon people look at the Citeh badge and assume Manchester City play in white?

There is barely any red in the Palace badge. Very little white in the Spurs badge. No blue anymore in the Burnley badge used on socials. Barely any blue on West Ham's badge (the opposite "problem" to ours).

There's actually more claret involved here than Lerner's badge. They're not changing the club colours. Why is this such a big issue for you? Oh, I know. Because you just can't, and it seems you will never, let the round badge go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

And we remain claret and blue. There's claret and blue on the badge. Just because claret is not the primary colour there doesn't mean anything. Do you reckon people look at the Citeh badge and assume Manchester City play in white?

There is barely any red in the Palace badge. Very little white in the Spurs badge. No blue anymore in the Burnley badge used on socials. Barely any blue on West Ham's badge (the opposite "problem" to ours).

There's actually more claret involved here than Lerner's badge. They're not changing the club colours. Why is this such a big issue for you? Oh, I know. Because you just can't, and it seems you will never, let the round badge go.

Do I care about other clubs? No

As for your assertion I will never let the round badge go, you can look back on this thread for the last few days saying I like, and would be happy, with some of the fan shield versions…one I even said I loved so looks like you are wrong again.

There’s more claret than the Lerner badge! Yes and that’s why we’ve wanted it changed for so long as one of the reasons.  Keep up!

I’m sorry that me wanting primary colours of claret and blue so offends you.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We are Claret & Blue!

It's not ideal but we've clearly decided that how it looks on the shirt is paramount, and we want the badge to stand out on the shirt, as opposed to West Ham who have decided to have their badge blend in. I personally think our badge

There's pros and cons for either method, and I think you'll find that badges all over the football world don't necessarily match up with the club's main colours. 

Some would argue that it's a very good thing that our primary focus is how the badge sits on the shirt as opposed to how it looks elsewhere. Even then, in every single social media application it'll sit on a claret background to give that colour balance.

john-mcginn.jpeg

Pablo-Fornals-15198318061200x824-1-1140x

I'm not defending flat yellow on blue if that's what we get, especially if they display it with that awful drop shadow, but the badge having fairly minimal claret isn't the end of the world provided we make sure it's sitting on claret the vast majority of the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'm not defending flat yellow on blue if that's what we get, especially if they display it with that awful drop shadow, but the badge having fairly minimal claret isn't the end of the world provided we make sure it's sitting on claret the vast majority of the time. 

But that only works on Villa controlled media, on the vast amount on media we consume there will be no claret background…league tables, game graphics, reporting…just the every day use and even away kits, third kits, over half the training gear.  It’s a big deal to me even if others aren’t as bothered.  I’m not saying do a West Ham with full claret.  I just think some people are just now willing to accept what we are going to get from Heck because we have no choice and at least the detailed makes the badge look a bit better than than travesty that was first leaked.  We still don’t know if Bosko’sBoots version is actually real, it could just be another fan version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But that only works on Villa controlled media, on the vast amount on media we consume there will be no claret background…league tables, game graphics, reporting…just the every day use and even away kits, third kits, over half the training gear.  It’s a big deal to me even if others aren’t as bothered.  I’m not saying do a West Ham with full claret.  I just think some people are just now willing to accept what we are going to get from Heck because we have no choice and at least the detailed makes the badge look a bit better than than travesty that was first leaked.  We still don’t know if Bosko’sBoots version is actually real, it could just be another fan version.

Heck's badge has enormous issues. But what you're complaining about has been a problem for 15 years. Has anyone gotten confused and forgotten we wear claret in that time? Have we had a single identity issue because of the badge colours? I absolutely get the preference for claret and blue and that's fine, but my problem with gold on blue is about contrast, not identity. I think the lion rampant in our style screams Aston Villa even without the colours at this point.

• Like 4

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

Heck's badge has enormous issues. But what you're complaining about has been a problem for 15 years. Has anyone gotten confused and forgotten we wear claret in that time? Have we had a single identity issue because of the badge colours? I absolutely get the preference for claret and blue and that's fine, but my problem with gold on blue is about contrast, not identity. I think the lion rampant in our style screams Aston Villa even without the colours at this point.

I get what you are saying about identity and it’s more about contrast.  It’s just something that bugs me but I get your point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Get a move on and reveal it Heck, get it up for vote and see what the fans think.

I doubt very much there will be a vote - I'm pretty sure this crest is being pressed onto shirts in the far east as we speak.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I doubt very much there will be a vote - I'm pretty sure this crest is being pressed onto shirts in the far east as we speak.

You reckon we'll get an early, well on time kit launch for once?

• Haha 1

Â