Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Hilarious how easily and quickly random people or fans can come up with something so much better (for free!) than whoever is employed and paid by the club 😂

It really is ridiculous…

They should be coming up with something better than any of us have even imagined!

I'd like to see the Van Damme Lion.

image.png.cc6ca7aa0fdebad072fdab93338f684b.png

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Haha 1

The best lion we actually have is this one… but I don’t know how feasible it would be to produce on a decent badge and in fabric/material… the added detail may help when viewing from a distance too… I acknowledge that previous ones can look a bit “blobby” from a distance… but I don’t think the new lion is a perfect design either. Never had a problem with our usual one either but it does lack details…

This looks really good but… maybe it’s too detailed to work…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just now, Jas10 said:

The best lion we actually have is this one… but I don’t know how feasible it would be to produce on a decent badge and in fabric/material… the added detail may help when viewing from a distance too… I acknowledge that previous ones can look a bit “blobby” from a distance… but I don’t think the new lion is a perfect design either. Never had a problem with our usual one either but it does lack details…

This looks really good but… maybe it’s too detailed to work…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Way too much detail for online etc.

49 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm 95.0006759% sure you're stuck in the Villa mainframe Jas 😂

I bet if you slept for too long you'd lose data and need a configuration download. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Thinking about how many areas of the ground internally and externally, bodymoor heath, Holte Hotel, club offices etc that will require rebranding with an updated shape  badge I get why the crest is more favourable over the roundel version from a cost perspective. 

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9219.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9220.jpeg

You have to remember though, that the old Trinity road stand had mosaic badges both on the brick and the roof of the stand that didn’t match the club badge, so I think the thought process of having to redo absolutely everything, especially the Holte mosaics isn’t really critical… 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLVillan said:

You have to remember though, that the old Trinity road stand had mosaic badges both on the brick and the roof of the stand that didn’t match the club badge, so I think the thought process of having to redo absolutely everything, especially the Holte mosaics isn’t really critical… 

Personally I would leave the Holte mosaics well alone on the basis that it is artwork.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

1874 pod more or less confirmed the crest is the crest

I was quite surprised how vocal Bardell and Tanswell were in condemning not just the way the club have gone about the badge changes but the lack of clarity/communication from the club in general over the recent months, Nothing that hasn't been repeatedly said here already but it means a lot when it's coming from active club journalists/media folk.

The piece on the club crest mess that Tanswell is putting out this week will be interesting reading.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

Edit: Apologies,  I meant to quote wishywashy there. I am responding to you.

I am generally a happy clapper type when it comes to villa, especially since 2018. I like to be glass half full.

The fact that the North Stand and crest fiasco have irritated me and deflated me to this extent is actually quite out of character for me. Therefore in my gut I know that the club has really messed up and, as you say, for those two to more or less confirm it has been a disaster really underlines how terrible the decision making is right now off the field.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Most of the fan badges look great online but not sure claret on claret works IMO … Have to see them on a shirt to really judge it fairly

The West Ham shirt is basically exactly this. I think it's generally fine, doesn't look weird etc. 

You'd have to assume there are some pretty significant crisis meetings going on at the club at the moment.

It's basically a Leeds badge reaction again, and they're getting rightly slammed for the process as well as the result. 

Heck putting a stop to the round badge talked about "not being happy with it's impact" and gave the strong impression that a much more comprehensive and well thought out rebrand. To end up with the badge we're about to get is a worst case scenario, it's a downgrade on last season's badge. Surely this isn't "having the impact" Heck wants?

• Like 2

I’ll try n pick out the main/relevant points they covered/mentioned:

Dan:

has previously been part of FAB or its previous version, didn’t find it effective other than MOMS (My Old Man Said podcast, website, group) and David Michael’s involvement (the only one who really stood up to and questioned the board and was most vocal on matters and points of contention) but it has probably changed by now…

too many people would stay quiet and just listen in the past…

has always felt like the club make their own decisions but it shouldn’t be like that and there should be consultation - fans should be more involved or listened to…

the crest process has been a load of RUBBISH, inc last years, not a fan of the company that created it…

this consultation or process… he agreed with Heck’s initial decision to pause and review… but… they’ve just gone and done the same thing again and/but not consulted anyone this time, just chose it themselves…

not getting anything right off the pitch

MOMS said someone told them to “leave it to the professionals” to fans in the meeting

Bad attitude, very very unimpressed with Villa off the pitch 

Perfect on the pitch but people away from it should be held accountable for wrongdoing… getting away with issues because we are good on the pitch

Unimpressed with Terrace view and that should be the standard for facilities around the stadium and for the regular fan, nothing special, very unimpressed… overpriced 

Running before we can walk…

Yet to see Lower Grounds

Heck has a lot to learn and adapt to - it’s nothing like working in America or in the NBA

He can’t make key decisions such as the badge and not consult fans, not on at all…

On the wrong path with the badge, bizarre, needs sorting.. too many 

Doesn’t understand what they’re doing with the new badge, not a fan 

Jacob:

fantastic on the pitch, poor off of it

club crest is a big deal, 

ticket price and facility issues 

loads of complaints 

a lot of frustration

pushing through their own ideas 

FAB is important 

Heck did a video trailer unveiling the badge with fireworks and montages… 

FA are going to get involved now, makes sure there is consulting with FAB

Top class on the pitch, a long way to go off of it 

Heck wants to make changes but it’s a learning curve 

That leaked badge is the badge it will be 

so far down the line with it

Poor ticket prices, not telling fans about changes to Holte End - fans are being overlooked 

So many issues for match going fans

A lot of unrest and unhappiness, fans are not being put first 

A lot more issues like trying to squeeze in more seats… 

Met Chris Heck, new and learning, not responsible for the Lower Grounds - he has stopped Castore and secured a really good deal for next season (kits). He’s still adapting and making (big) mistakes… judge him in a year…

too many badges and changes…

Both say Heck/the club need to lean on the fans and the fact that they aren’t is a big mistake… their biggest fault…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Â