Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Fwiw I’d be quite content in the club NOT having food wrapping that has the club badge on it. Just plain wrapping will suffice. Probably saves a few quid.

I can’t imagine too many people come away thinking “Well, the service was slow, the food was average at best…but at least the napkins were on brand.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I did wonder you know ( without any inside knowledge) and proposed the question of being interested in knowing what th actual demographic of the likes of FAB/Trust are etc 

We should be grateful for them not aimlessly and pointlessly critical of them… they contain and give us fans a voice and say… would be much worse off without them…

a few members are on this forum btw…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Sure let's antagonize groups of Villa fans with different opinions because .. reasons.

That's according to you.

They certainly seem to speak for the vast majority of VillaTalk, why'd you think they don't for most of the fan base?

Yeah, let’s turn on our own longtime and loyal fans instead of a new CEO who is doing a shit job so far, blocking and ignoring them 😂

Ridiculous 

26 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

While some want to dismiss the fans I want to remember that the fans are there through thick and thin, whether the lower half of the championship or the top two of the Premier league. I don't think it's right to just dismiss the fans.

It’s stupid…

we wouldn’t have a say or voice without them… taking time out for the rest of us and representing our views…

They’re essential 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

lerner-Badge-New-Text.png

Ummm… na. Doesn’t look bad but takes up too much space and “cramps” the lion…

only seems to look right on one line really

Maybe why the shield has been curved or rounded, to try n fit all the letters in…

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s stupid…

we wouldn’t have a say or voice without them… taking time out for the rest of us and representing our views…

They’re essential 

A supporters group existing and being given the opportunity to consult absolutely does not mean they're in step with the majority of the supporters. Given the nature and scope of these sorts of bodies, it is frighteningly easy to have a small group of individuals gain and maintain power and use the supporters trust to further causes important to them and not necessarily the wider supporter base because they think they know better.

I don't know enough about the Villa Trust to make a specific comment, but there are so many of these supporter groups who don't achieve a lot. Given the badge that's about to officially release, it certainly doesn't feel like we're having a say either way at the moment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

A supporters group existing and being given the opportunity to consult absolutely does not mean they're in step with the majority of the supporters. Given the nature and scope of these sorts of bodies, it is frighteningly easy to have a small group of individuals gain and maintain power and use the supporters trust to further causes important to them and not necessarily the wider supporter base because they think they know better.

I don't know enough about the Villa Trust to make a specific comment, but there are so many of these supporter groups who don't achieve a lot. Given the badge that's about to officially release, it certainly doesn't feel like we're having a say either way at the moment.

But it’s also not fair to tar everyone with the same brush if an individual appears questionable, arrogant etc.

It’s a mix of different fans and some of them are quite credible and sensible…

Without a group representing the fans… things would be way worse. It’s essential for the good of the club…

I’ve never gotten the impression that they are guilty of the kind of thing you’re describing and usually agree with the points they make… 100% with them on everything they’ve raised during this whole badge fiasco and especially their most recent points/comments…

It’s weird and silly to turn on and question fans and reps at a time when someone else is at fault too… why shift the blame or whatever? There are valid concerns and questions to raise…

How can anyone confidently believe and state that Heck is and has been doing a good job SO FAR… the first impressions are not positive and people like this need to be scrutinised and held to account when necessary…

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Obv look shite compared to yours (and I didn’t have a decent font on my phone) but I came up with these a while back:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Why don’t we get @OutByEaster?’s take on the FAB and Villa Trust?

Someone who is involved and actually knows what he is talking about…

I would also be very interested in his view on the comments released by MOMS back in June pertaining to Heck. I.e. did he say in that FAB meeting that he wasn’t a fan of the roundlet crest due to lack of uniqueness?

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

Heck is here for branding and marketing. Not to appease the vocal part of the fanbase. He literally gets paid to do this job whether you like it or not and has a proven track record of doing a good job of it. He has my trust until we sell 0 shirts and the marketing bombs.

You are Chris Heck and I claim my five pounds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Obv look shite compared to yours (and I didn’t have a decent font on my phone) but I came up with these a while back:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think it's way too small on one line, considering shrinkability. Not that I think two lines is great either.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I think it's way too small on one line, considering shrinkability. Not that I think two lines is great either.

Maybe just need the right font 🤷‍♂️

Your first two designs were exceptional regardless and I’d be delighted with either…

They need to be seen more widely than just on here…

12 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I would also be very interested in his view on the comments released by MOMS back in June pertaining to Heck. I.e. did he say in that FAB meeting that he wasn’t a fan of the roundlet crest due to lack of uniqueness?

I think he said that he missed the last meeting… but I’m sure he has plenty of thoughts to share…

there’s also a podcast or regular spaces on Twitter that includes at least one member too and he doesn’t sound arrogant, entitled etc. just a normal guy who speaks to others respectfully… it’s basically a fan phone in… 

AVF or AVILLAFANPODCAST

Edited by Jas10

51 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't hate this but I still think the "AVFC" one was perfect. I understand that a lot of folks want "Aston Villa" on the crest but I truly don't think it matters when some of the biggest clubs on earth don't have their name on the crest (see: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan and a host of others). There are smaller examples that work fine too, Wolves and Napoli for example.

At this point I just want a badge that isn't sh*t. Is that too much to ask? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

The Villa Trust are a bunch of self serving egotists whose voice & opinions mean nothing and imo are a complete waste of space and time … Don’t give two shits what they think tbh and they do speak for me not the majority of the fan base as they like to claim they do 

So you are not a fan then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’ve just looked back at what was said after the FAB in June that Heck attended. These are comments that were released by My Old Man Said at the time: 

“The badge though is the big talking point. The new badge that was created under Purslow will be rolled out on the shirts, but held back from any other branding. In short, Heck isn’t too impressed by the potential of the badge and its lack of uniqueness compared to the rest of the Premier League….

While the badge is fine on a 7/10 kind of level, Heck and the owners are very much looking at the big picture. It is not exactly differentiating the club as unique or special to a potential new international fanbase.

Heck stated in the meeting he wanted to see how the badge was received over the season, before making any moves.“

If we take what Heck said at face value to the FAB then his concerns were purely branding based. He also changed his mind very quickly on the timeline for making any moves…..

The thing is we already know not to trust anything Heck says as we know he's lying on the North stand issue.   So why would he be telling the truth on the badge design.

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I don't hate this but I still think the "AVFC" one was perfect. I understand that a lot of folks want "Aston Villa" on the crest but I truly don't think it matters when some of the biggest clubs on earth don't have their name on the crest (see: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan and a host of others). There are smaller examples that work fine too, Wolves and Napoli for example.

At this point I just want a badge that isn't sh*t. Is that too much to ask? 

We have a really unique, symmetrical name. We should celebrate it. We aren't a United, a City, a Rovers. We are Aston Villa.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have a really unique, symmetrical name. We should celebrate it. We aren't a United, a City, a Rovers. We are Aston Villa.

True… but it’s got to fit in from a design perspective and have the right aesthetic… rather than be forced in and look unpleasant. I think it’s most important for the lion to have prominence or be dominant too…

Maybe a round badge is really the only way to do that properly…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

Â