Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Just for you

Capturefsdfjhsdfh2.JPG.8685b50438647f9f73d75a3ff8908660.JPG

Lovely efforts but way too busy for me. Which just goes how impossible it is to please the masses. 

that being said, this wouldn't actively disappoint me. What Villa struggle with is making something that isn’t objectively shite 

On 28/09/2023 at 17:31, Teale's 'tache said:

A couple of full-colour options...

spacer.png

spacer.png

These concepts Gaslamp/Shield were really good in fairness.

Although I'd maybe be tempted to move the " Aston Villa " away from the crest, and have them as different elements which could also be used individually.

Leaves the shield more " clean " etc

I love the Gaslamo Shield.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, burchy said:

Last one now as I'm depressing myself as we're going to have a shield and not a round badge.

Capturefsdfjhsdfh2.JPG.7281a67c070d883ff8217752098018b4.JPG

Love it.  Best one I've seen so far.  Claret, blue and white with a bit of gold trim.  Kind of like every single kit we've had for well over 100 years.... 

Someone could easily make the argument that us using so much " Sky Blue " makes us look like City etc.

I think we need to move away from this thinking slightly and just be as unique as possible while sticking to our ethos somewhat.

Don't City's kit have Claret and white on the Sky Blue as well? Lol

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Someone could easily make the argument that us using so much " Sky Blue " makes us look like City etc.

I think we need to move away from this thinking slightly and just be as unique as possible while sticking to our ethos somewhat.

Don't City's kit have Claret and white on the Sky Blue as well? Lol

Man City have, throughout my lifetime had a little claret here and there and that's their prerogative.  Their main two colours are blue and white with claret as a third option (like white is ours, hence why most of our away kits are predominantly white and we wear white shorts at home).  For Villa, in order, claret and blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks.  I just want to see those colours as the dominant ones on our badge.  I'm not against gold (yellow/beige) if the club really think it's needed but definitely not as one of the two main colours (as was done with the Lerner badge and this "150" marque).   We are a club with a unique kit and colour combination that actually is also very aesthetically pleasing and is what we have worn for 100+ years.  I just don't want to see gold, yellow, beige as a dominant colour anywhere.  Lettering, sure, outline, sure, but not as a main colour. The Lion didn't turn gold until Ellis produced those two consecutive hideous striped badges in the 1990s. Ever since that first striped badge emerged we've had FOUR main badges and each has been worse than the previous one.  

I want to look at our badge in isolation and see claret and blue.  Ideally with white as the third colour if needed. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

West Ham kits over the years have tended to have white trim whereas ours didn't. 

And I see white on that West Ham badge there, we haven't ever had white as a third colour on our badge.

I see what you're saying and that's why I'm not wholly opposed to the "gold" as the third colour, but I just want it to be mostly claret and blue....  Put a gold border on it, or 1874 in gold for example.

Maybe I'm just old (fashioned) but I was never a big fan of the gold lettering, even on the vintage 75-91 round badge which is the best that's been produced in my lifetime.  There was actually a version of it floating around for a very short period of time that had white lettering but that was short-lived (I had a scarf with it on there, that my old man bought from the club shop).  The problem for me with "gold" is that it's not really a true shade of colour and you see so many versions ranging from yellow to beige to orange.  The Lion on the Lerner badge is decidedly yellow, the lettering on the 75-91 is more like orange and the newest "150" marque is closer to beige.... 

(The European Cup star is white... :)  )

Â