Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

Love the design work on the last few badges/shields, some peeps got skills. For me though the lion lets all of them down in its current guise. 

If the rumoured budget is true I’d like us to chuck a fair bit of it at redesigning him. At the moment his back feet look like a steam roller has squashed them.  

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think this is your best work yet mate.

Apologies, but I was never keen on the narrow diamond design, as original as it was.

Quality of your work is top class 👌

-

I would like to see the old lion and the text a little less tall and narrow.

I had a go using the very basic tools on my phone at making him a little chunkier ... I think the extra detail from the mane and to define the position of his forearms is critical in making the new lion look way better than the old one.

I rounded the back and added a bit more to his front. I also padded the feet out a bit.  Done professionally, I think this lion is a winner and just needs fattening up a bit,  the below is my amateur effort....

image4.png.95d34efc9e851a77aa034f8bd3e04f32.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think it’s great, just sort the badge.

spacer.png

Yeah nothing wrong with that lion imo, just remove everything else around it. 

Or do a lantern design. The gas lamp for me gives the scope for simple + modern that a lot of clubs look for, something easy to print, can scale to any screen, can be set on any colour. 

I think with the rumours of how seriously we're taking this we will end up with something similar in essence to the Juve badge. I hated it when revealed but now I would say it's instantly recognisable, I don't think there's anything in Europe you're getting that confused with and it's just two black lines. Genius. 

• Like 1

I can't understand why the club are going through the same process of selection that produced the two variants they are not happy with.  Why not have a design competition that fans can enter - there are some very nice ones on here for a start.  I know Blues did that in the 70s and ended up with the testicles but many observers seem to consider it unique and easily identifiable as "them".   Kind of like a footballing chemical hazard sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd say there's a 0% chance that we are having a round badge. Absolutely none.

Heck hasn't come in, torpedoed our imminent launch of a new badge in such a way we have this ridiculous situation of having 2 badges at once, sent out a survey expressing an existing preference for a shield, only to result in what would be an incredibly embarrassing situation of releasing another new badge that's broadly similar to this year's with some colour tweaks and the lion facing the other way.

I understand people's attachment to the round badge, but you'd best prepare for a disappointment because a round badge is not what we're getting.

I wouldnt rule out a round badge. I think the main issues that people had with the badge wasnt that it was round more that lion was controversially changed direction with the colour of the lion being changed. Two massove decisions that no one wanted 

Id rather round or shield than just having a lion independently on its own. Thats just abit meh to me

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The only way it'll be round is if the result of the survey is like 95% of people wanting a round badge. Which it won't be

I think even then they’ll just do what they want, if they wanted round then they’d just stick with what we’ve got. 

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think it’s great, just sort the badge.

spacer.png

It's much much better with the detail. The fore limbs look out of proportion without it, which is mainly why I prefer the new one. 

The problem is that detail doesn't scale down well, whereas the detail on the new one scales down fine, without losing the effect. 

I dont mind the old lion fwiw. But I'm sure they could do a hybrid of the two that gets the proportions right and the "beastly-ness" right.

I assume they'll keep a lion, and that they will flip it to the left, and expect they'll take the opportunity to revise it once again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

This is growing on me for sure. A modern take on a villa classic. And none of West Ham's white, which is good. Confident and proud and distinct.

I don't like the shine effect down the middle of it. Makes it look a bit chintzy.

Why would we want two different clarets in the badge? We complain about colour consistency as it is.

It's one of the reasons that I maintain that the Luke shirt is a crap villa kit, and only so popular because of how much we enjoyed that season. Doesn't even have blue sleeves.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why would we want two different clarets in the badge? We complain about colour consistency as it is.

It's one of the reasons that I maintain that the Luke shirt is a crap villa kit, and only so popular because of how much we enjoyed that season. Doesn't even have blue sleeves.

Just an idea mate, they’re not going to use any of these anyway 😂

Good to have some variation and different ideas, all just a bit of fun.

Â