Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Posted (edited)

I hope you would all be as worried for spurs if we were 7 points behind them with Man City as our game in hand 🤣 4th is surely ours, even we can’t **** this up !!!!

Edited by Rossi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Have you watched them lately? Their dipping form is far worse than ours.

They've played 4 really good sides... they've got two very bang average sides to play

Most of the media online or on youtube are saying that Spurs are just seeing the season out as they have nothing to play for??

If Spurs didn’t have Burnley and Sheff UTD, I’d be saying it’s ‘done’ too.

However, those sides regularly concede 4+ goals to even the poorer teams in the division. 

It would only take the following set of results for them to catch us.

Spurs 4-1 Burnley
Spurs 4-0 Sheff Utd
Spurs 1-1 Man City
Villa 0-2 Liverpool
Villa 0-1 Palace

That is not exactly bonkers and quite frankly, we’ll be lucky to only lose by two now Liverpool are playing without pressure but still for Klopp. Palace have hit form and look dangerous too.

It’s very likely Spurs will be 4 points behind us by the time we play Liverpool. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

However, those sides regularly concede 4+ goals to even the poorer teams in the division. 

Spurs 4-1 Burnley
Spurs 4-0 Sheff Utd
Spurs 1-1 Man City
Villa 0-2 Liverpool
Villa 0-1 Palace

That is not exactly bonkers and quite frankly, we’ll be lucky to only lose by two now Liverpool are playing without pressure but still for Klopp. Palace have hit form and look dangerous too.

It’s very likely Spurs will be 4 points behind us by the time we play Liverpool. 

And Spurs of course know this......this is not over by any means.

If we play like the last couple of games it is unlikely that will get get any points from liverpool or palace. It could be all on the man city v spurs game.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs 4-1 Burnley
Spurs 4-0 Sheff Utd
Spurs 1-1 Man City
Villa 0-2 Liverpool
Villa 0-1 Palace

They would win in goals scored so only need to beat them 3-0 each if we lose 1-0 and 2-0

If Liverpool won 4-0 it would mean even a draw for Spurs against City would have made it very hard for them to turn around the goal difference.

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

And Spurs of course know this......this is not over by any means.

If we play like the last couple of games it is unlikely that will get get any points from liverpool or palace. It could be all on the man city v spurs game.

And I think it will be. 

Luckily, Man City will need to win the match. 

If Spurs get a point against Man City then I fear our GD isn’t enough. 

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's easy to forget that today was our first defeat in 5 games, which was against City.  Yes Spurs have imploded but we have actually earnt our lead in recent weeks, yes it's going to be a hard couple of games but it shouldn't all be about Spurs handing it to us.

Exactly this, we beat arsenal and drew with Chelsea two teams Spurs have just lost too.  We deserve to be ahead. 

The 4 goals from Liverpool would have been really useful for GD.  Even with how poor we've been I can't see us not scoring again or even not getting another point.

Some people are claiming that Spurs won't care if they lost v Man City if it stops Arsenal from winning the league.... The players aren't fans... do the Spurs players really care who wins the league??

• Like 1

We really are close we can see this out ourselves. I just don't want it going to the final day as the stress would be too much. 

We've a 4 day gap to Liverpool and then a 6 day to Palace. We can recharge batteries. Need the home support on Monday night 

We are capable of big performances. We've seen plenty of them. 

• Like 1

The bookies here in NZ are offering to qualify for top 4

Aston Villa $1.03

Spurs $11.00

I'm surprised that they're offering so much for Spurs, seeing as they're pretty much guaranteed 6 points and a hefty positive goal difference...

Posted (edited)

Betfair here has us as 1.06 which is a 94.6% Chance. 

So win £1000 if we don't and lose £60 if we do get 4th. 

Spurs are 17.0 to get 4th or a 5.8% chance 

Edited by CVByrne

claret and blue spectacles off and this is extremely likely to go for villa - just takes one result in any of the 5 games remaining for both teams

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

The bookies here in NZ are offering to qualify for top 4

Aston Villa $1.03

Spurs $11.00

I'm surprised that they're offering so much for Spurs, seeing as they're pretty much guaranteed 6 points and a hefty positive goal difference...

I still wouldn’t rule out Burnley getting something against Spurs.  They are generally poor but occasionally pick up a good result and Spurs aren’t exactly great at the moment.  

I expect Spurs to win but far far from a guarantee and it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t a win.

The odds are heavily stacked in our favor, but it isn't done until it's mathematically locked. We have the power to seal our own fate nd I think we will versus Liverpool. One last heroic performance is what we need and Unai & the players got it in them. What a season! UTV!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

claret and blue spectacles off and this is extremely likely to go for villa - just takes one result in any of the 5 games remaining for both teams

Looking at the odds, the maths, it's extremely likely that we get 4th..... but I've supported Villa long enough to take anything for granted.....until it's mathematically done...

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I still wouldn’t rule out Burnley getting something against Spurs.  They are generally poor but occasionally pick up a good result and Spurs aren’t exactly great at the moment.  

I expect Spurs to win but far far from a guarantee and it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t a win.

I'd settle for a Burnley draw

• Like 1