Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Haven't people got better things to do with their weekends than watching and stressing over another team's result with 8 games to go?

Welcome to supporting a club that can achieve something.

Do you think Arsenal and City fans had no interest in the game earlier?

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

City still don’t look that great, especially at the back. I would rule Madrid out.

Fortunately I'd say bayern and dortmund aren't great either 

Arsenal aren't underdogs for their game 

8 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Sheffield United - Chelsea 2-2

Chelsea is at the beach 

They have nothing to play for 

Edited by Pinebro

4 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Irrelevant 

Nah, Important result for the health of Villatalk. As we don't have to read all the worries about Chelsea overtaking us.

I do think Chelsea will overtake Man United, though.

Just now, DeepDish said:

Nah, Important result for the health of Villatalk. As we don't have to read all the worries about Chelsea overtaking us.

I do think Chelsea will overtake Man United, though.

Oh, people actually thought that? 😁

Well we are almost where the media want us now - not quite  though because plucky little Aston Villa surely should not be qualifying for the CL. If not one of the so called big 6, surely it should be everyone's supposed second team Newcastle. 🤮🙄. They will be so thrilled to see Spurs in 4th though. Sickening.  They all love big Ange so much too😡

Form-wise I think we’re too fractured to really worry about beating Spurs. Say what you want about them but they wouldn’t give up 3 to Brentford at home right now. And I’m not saying to give up hope but 4th really is Spurs to lose. Just have to make sure we stay 5th and do our part in the ECL to ensure the PL gets 5 UCL spots.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cmac said:

So “theoretically” the max possible points from 6th down are as follows: 

Man Utd 72, Chelsea 70, Newcastle 68, West Ham 66, Brighton 64, wolves 63, Bournemouth 62, Fulham 60. 

Obviously some of these teams have to play each other and will take points off each other. 
I’ll eliminate these each week as it becomes mathematically impossible for teams to catch us. 

So Man Utd max now is 70 and Chelsea 68….2 wins surely get fifth 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If Arsenal were to draw 0-0 against Bayern twice and go through on penalties, what does that mean for the coefficient?

Why not just wait until it's decided? Get some fresh air or something.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hev said:

Well we are almost where the media want us now - not quite  though because plucky little Aston Villa surely should not be qualifying for the CL. If not one of the so called big 6, surely it should be everyone's supposed second team Newcastle. 🤮🙄. They will be so thrilled to see Spurs in 4th though. Sickening.  They all love big Ange so much too😡

Or just pander to the bigger market share spurs hold

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I can't see how they will beat Spurs. We are definitely finishing 5th.

Does that also mean that we will beat Chelsea too? As they are on the beach?

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Form-wise I think we’re too fractured to really worry about beating Spurs. Say what you want about them but they wouldn’t give up 3 to Brentford at home right now. And I’m not saying to give up hope but 4th really is Spurs to lose. Just have to make sure we stay 5th and do our part in the ECL to ensure the PL gets 5 UCL spots.

They gave up 3 to Fulham away 2 weeks ago, they got battered 

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'm no defeatist but It's far more likely that we finish about 6 points behind Spurs than ahead of them. I dont care what fixtures they have left. We scraped a draw at home to Brentford when 2-0 up. We're mentally fragile and have blown big games several times this season. As soon as we get close, if we do again, we'll blow it again. The only way we're getting CL football is if 5th place gets us it. Whatever will be will be on that front.

Wasn't this the second time all season we've dropped points from a winning position? We're literally the most resolute team in the league in this regard.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Why not just wait until it's decided? Get some fresh air or something.

Why don't you instead of posting?

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We've dropped 5 points having taken the lead in matches this season.  Spurs have dropped 20.  But yeah apart from that.....