Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

49 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Since they failed to win at Brentford, I haven't seen any posts that predict Man United finish above us. Not a single one.

However there are a lot of posters "responding" to those non existent posts, telling people to relax calm down etc, when nobody is even claiming it. Weird.

We all agree that Man United aren't finishing above us.

@Tayls was going on about them winning nine in a row. They still have 9 games.

Even with that we'd just need 5 wins and draw from last eight so shows realistically what a remote prospect it is.

They aren't getting close to nine wins and a poor end to the season probably still results in us winning three more games and a draw or two.

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It would be nice finish top 4 tho and not get the inevitable, "spawny, jammy Vile only qualified for the Champions League cos 5th got an extra place" comments from our rivals.

Plus it would be nice to finish above Spurs for the 2nd year running as well as matching 2nd highest ever PL finish.

It's more money in the pot too, as its a couple of million per place.

Pays for Diego Carlos’ fake abs 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

It would be nice finish top 4 tho and not get the inevitable, "spawny, jammy Vile only qualified for the Champions League cos 5th got an extra place" comments from our rivals.

Plus it would be nice to finish above Spurs for the 2nd year running as well as matching 2nd highest ever PL finish.

It's more money in the pot too, as it’s a couple of million per place.

Obviously want to finish as high as possible but even if people started saying them comments they’d change their tune if it suited their club.

Pretty sure Newcastle/Brighton fans were slating us getting excited for the Europa Conference League (De Zerbi even said he didn’t want to qualify for the competition on the pitch last season) yet pretty sure they’d all be excited if they qualified for it this season! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Lol love the way they are 100% sure of Liverpool and city but there is a 0.1% chance of arsenal cocking it up!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Lol love the way they are 100% sure of Liverpool and city but there is a 0.01% chance of arsenal cocking it up!

Haha I'm guessing it's fixture related, funny of not!

Some of us have been showing the maths that showed Utd had almost no chance of finishing above us for weeks now. 

They haven't realistically been in the race for a while now

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

We'll get to the point where Man Utd can't actually catch us "mathematically" and people will still be worried that we'll get a points deduction or they'll get a points addition :D 

They're done. They've been done for a long time for everyone except Gary Neville. They're more likely to finish in the bottom half than they are 5th.

Surprised nobody has predicted them to put 20 past somebody to even our goal difference

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

We'll get to the point where Man Utd can't actually catch us "mathematically" and people will still be worried that we'll get a points deduction or they'll get a points addition :D 

They're done. They've been done for a long time for everyone except Gary Neville. They're more likely to finish in the bottom half than they are 5th.

I wouldn’t put it past some people. Remember people were genuinely worried about Chelsea catching us a couple of weeks ago. 

Supporting Villa really has conditioned us to expect the worst 😂

• Haha 1

Its funny as its used to mock the neighbours but the amount of people rattled by the United boogeyman is incredible

End of the day if they somehow finish above us then its our own fault 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its funny as its used to mock the neighbours but the amount of people rattled by the United boogeyman is incredible

End of the day if they somehow finish above us then its our own fault 

3 wins against them in almost 30 years may have something to do with that.

6 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

3 wins against them in almost 30 years may have something to do with that.

When we were mainly shit. We beat them twice in the last 3 seasons

I dread some fearful reactions when we play the top teams in Europe

Edited by Zatman

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Some of us have been showing the maths that showed Utd had almost no chance of finishing above us for weeks now. 

They haven't realistically been in the race for a while now

I do admire all of your confidence and faith 🙂.

Tbf I am confident about our team and especially Emery, theres just a part of me that wants it to be certain before I can openly talk about it.  Don't want it to go wrong I guess is the overriding feeling for most!

Edited by beasley14

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When we were mainly shit. We beat them twice in the last 3 seasons

I dread some fearful reactions when we play the top teams in Europe

Less historical scaring here though!

United are bottom of the barrel horse shit. If they overtake us at any point before the end of this season then something has gone very, very wrong for us.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I'm far less worried about Man United than I am about doing our part to help get the extra CL spot.

The most important thing we can do for our chances of CL football is actually winning the Conference League.

Surely the most important thing we can do four our chances of Champions League football is to finish fourth?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surprised nobody has predicted them to put 20 past somebody to even our goal difference

Next weekend

Man Utd 20 - 0 Liverpool

Bruno F (All penalties)

Match Stats

Man U - Liverpool

Possession 5% - 95%

Shots 0 - 72

Corners 2 - 33

Disallowed goals 0 - Man Utd and 17 for Liverpool

Ref: Alex Ferguson

Extra time end of second half - 57 minutes