Fallen Angels

Xann

On 06/07/2023 at 10:15, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Pol Pott's early attempts at ceramics were stunning.  The press is so unforgiving of his minor foibles that they never show his 6 Piece Dinner Services.  

Trying to work if this is disturbing, confusing, or if I'm just too thick to grasp. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Why? Has always seemed like a rock solid decent bloke to me

How many times have you met him? Every time I have  he has been smug and condescending and I'm not the only person I know who thinks that.

33 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

How many times have you met him? Every time I have  he has been smug and condescending and I'm not the only person I know who thinks that.

Horses for courses. I have met him twice and both times he was a thoroughly decent and approachable man. But that was me in those moments and he may have been having a great day and reflected that upon the people meeting him etc. 

I've met him plenty of times and so have other people I know and others had the same experience. When I first met him it was an entrepreneurial business dinner at Villa Park and he scoffed at a couple of us when we mentioned our various football businesses. Not nice at all and felt very much looked down on.

Edited by GlobalVillan

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I've met him plenty of times and so have other people I know and others had the same experience. When I first met him it was an entrepreneurial business dinner at Villa Park and he scoffed at a couple of us when we mentioned our various football businesses. Not nice at all and felt very much looked down on.

Not saying your experience is wrong, just that it didn't match my experience. 

On 09/07/2023 at 06:52, GlobalVillan said:

I've met him and he was perfectly pleasant. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have Taylor down as a fallen then redeemed angel. The period he spent working for Alex Black trying to get Gareth Barry to move to Liverpool being his dark moment.

Really? I wasn't aware of this but it doesn't surprise me one bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that he was ever a hero of mine, or even a player I liked particularly well, but f*** me what a monumental **** Mesut Özil is. 

Â