Weekends Football 20/21 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

We get **** by Kane’s dive

Just shows you how important it is to ref correctly. It wasn't Villa bias bullshit, we all know that was a manufactured foul, why do professional referees not know this.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So what happens if we finish on same points and GD as Tottenham?

If it goes on head to head - which it should - then we are sitting pretty.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It was 2-1 to Brentford when I posted that. So Spurs would have 4 and us 5. 

When I did maths 5 was more than 4, it would put us ahead.

Ok yes - I was looking at it from different viewpoints, adjusting for pen when talking about positions at start of today/end of last week's games, but looking at actual GD when considering today's result.  After today, yes we would have been ahead if the cheat hadn't bought a pen last week.   

20 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

To be clear, Villa & Spurs are level on goal difference at +4. If Kane had not dived, Villa would be on +5. Spurs have scored far more goals. A draw with Liverpool would put us in the driving seat: beat Brighton to finish 7th.

If Kane hadn't got that pen and everything was level, we would be ahead on head to head.

Edit: No we wouldn't but it should work like that.

Edited by Jono62

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Prove it.

You want me to prove that the biggest teams get more media coverage and therefore more scrutiny and more pressure for the refs meaning that human nature would almost automatically see them leaning towards being favourable towards them teams?

Liverpool at anfield in a week where klopp is suspended for moaning about refs... You think he's going to be straight down the line 50/50 impartial today?

Not a chance

I don't believe it's corruption or anything like that, like I said human nature (paired with incompetence)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If there's 6 stoppages for subs in the second half and 3 second half goals, each game should have at least (as in, at the very least) 4 minutes and 30 seconds added on.  Chances are that each substitution period won't "just" be 30 seconds, though, and each goal generally incurs an extra minute of added time due to celebrations etc.

You'd be looking at 6 minutes minimum based on today's second half.  I haven't been watching though, so no idea how long everything has taken.  That's literally the very least amount of time to be added.

Sorry but i cant believe your justifying 9 minutes of injury time 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but i cant believe your justifying 9 minutes of injury time 

The justification for the 9 minutes is right and how it should be

The idea that football is fair and the same 9 minutes would be applied if spurs were 3-1 up is where its wrong, it wouldn't be

Â