Midweek Football 1/4 May

andykeenan

In the context of 2023 PL with VAR, it's stupid, but there's no way that's given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Soft as ****, the game basically has completely different rules for what's a foul in the box compared to anywhere else now.

• Like 1

Don't really care about Smith either way I just really want Everton to go down. Pathetic from Leicester so far.

EDIT: spoke too soon lol

Edited by Mantis

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In the context of 2023 PL with VAR, it's stupid, but there's no way that's given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Soft as ****, the game basically has completely different rules for what's a foul in the box compared to anywhere else now.

But that should be a foul all over the pitch....

He played the man, no interest in the ball

Just now, villa4europe said:

But that should be a foul all over the pitch....

He played the man, no interest in the ball

Which raises an interesting question, surely if it's a penalty, and he's not going for the ball, it's actually a red card? :)

• Like 1

In the last three seasons it's been great for the relegation battle matches in the final month or two to be just entertainment for us rather than very nerve-wracking ordeals! How stressful that was in the 19/20 season. :s

Edited by robby b

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not a goal scoring chance?

Fair, he's got another defender on the other side of him. 

Personally I'd like to watch a sport where Calvin-Lewin is laughed at and told to get up for crumbling when he feels a touch; I don't want to see that as a foul anywhere on the pitch, but you're right, it should be consistent.

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

In the last three seasons it's been great for the relegation battle matches to be just entertainment for us rather than very nerve-wracking ordeals! How stressful that was in 19/20 season. 

That last game that season was immensely stressful. Had to go for a walk after it to calm my nerves lol.

• Like 1

Â