The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s talk United are also interested in signing Cucurella, that would be so funny and suspicious if they let Chelsea off the hook by spending so much on him.

Imagine if they sign Mount and Cucurella from Chelsea for ~£100m combined. Their recruitment is shambolic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Cucurella interest is for a loan I think? 

I actually think it's not a bad deal, possibly suits all parties. 

I think if United are now sniffing around Chelsea’s duds then they are doing something wrong. 

Just now, villan95 said:

Yeah hasn't started great but surely better than de Gea which is what I was basing it on.

I’m not sure he is better so far tbh. DdG was generally very good, but had a few too many errors for a top keeper. Onana has looked out of his depth so far but it’s early days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure he is better so far tbh. DdG was generally very good, but had a few too many errors for a top keeper. Onana has looked out of his depth so far but it’s early days.

Personally I'd rather have Onana but guess we'll see whether he flops.

Their business in general though, really poor. Should have got Kane and a better midfielder than Mount. Another team I think has stood still pretty much, which is good for us I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Personally I'd rather have Onana but guess we'll see whether he flops.

Their business in general though, really poor. Should have got Kane and a better midfielder than Mount. Another team I think has stood still pretty much, which is good for us I suppose.

I agree on Kane, he should have been number 1 priority. They found the money to pay Ronaldo at the drop of a hat but couldn’t get that deal done. Poor by them.

Mount is a waste of money, no better than the likes of Fred, Mctominay, Erickson, Sancho etc who they already had.

It crazy that the further you go up the football pyramid the scouting and transfer negotiatiors get worse and worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It crazy that the further you go up the football pyramid the scouting and transfer negotiatiors get worse and worse.

Not an excuse as such, because it is their jobs, but it gets far far harder. It's really easy to identify players who are better than what Luton have, much more difficult to do that for a top 4 side. This is then even truer if that top 4 side isn't willing to pay absolute top dollar in wages, which I suspect Utd aren't. 

That said Utd do seem consistently quite poor at this, and they aren't being helped by ETH's apparent preference for players he's worked with before. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree on Kane, he should have been number 1 priority. They found the money to pay Ronaldo at the drop of a hat but couldn’t get that deal done. Poor by them.

Mount is a waste of money, no better than the likes of Fred, Mctominay, Erickson, Sancho etc who they already had.

They also somehow spend a lot without ever having the intent to challenge. Signing someone like Kane would have at least gone some way towards that but yet again they go for the unproven option.. who's still expensive!

1 hour ago, sne said:

As funny as this is, having lived in Leeds for well over a decade, I feel I need to highlight Leeds is actually a lovely city. Some beautiful architecture, lovely parks, surrounded by moorlands and has some great bars/restaurants. 

Just a shame it's filled with Leeds scum.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ocampos to Fulham. Great signing for them

Is it? He is 29 and has had a couple of good seasons but has flattered to deceive most of his career. He couldnt get a game at a poor Ajax team last season